Obviously.

Heartstrings

Sunday morning. Well, more like Sunday afternoon, as you finally crawled out from your pit at 2:36pm. You dare not look in the mirror, knowing that you were far from attractive at this point, hoping a shower would counter this. Attempting to detangle your soaking-wet hair resulted in a broken comb. You let it be, dragging your legs to your wardrobe, flinging open the doors and directing your attention to the dress section. Concentration interrupted by a loud buzzing from your phone. Jinwoo giving you pointers on what to wear; formal, but not 'black-tie'. No jeans. He was very firm on this point, knowing that if left to make your own decisions that would be your first choice. 

"Thanks, oppa"

You grumbled as you tapped at the screen. Placing the device back on your table, you caught sight of a small movement from your bed. 

"Ah- Come here, stupid!"

You tore back the sheets, revealing your pet, sat on her back legs looking slightly dazed. She jumped from the bed, galloping over to the wardrobe and glaring at the hangers. She stepped forward, sniffing at a few. You grabbed two of the approved dresses, placing them on the bed for the dog to investigate further. 

"I like the white one, Gaehyo"

She looked up at you, stepping over to it, taking a look before gazing up at you, tongue lulling. Agreed.

"Good girl!" 

You lifted her, placing her on your shoulder as you walked into the other room to prepare breakfast.

***

Four-thirty soon arrived. A heavy knocking sound came from the door as you finished applying your lipgloss and stealing a quick glance at your reflection. Not bad, considering your earlier state. The door opened in front of you, revealing the smartly-dressed group of young men. 

"Is madame ready?"

Mino offered his hand as he bowed, leading you towards the exit, the other four following closely.

***

The restaurant was packed, you were mildly impressed that the boys had even managed to book a place. The manager lead you to a large table, before disappearing into the crowd to find a waiter. 

"Wow, it's beautiful in here-"

"Yeah, I really love it"

Taehyun gazed upwards at the intricately carved ornaments that adorned every surface.

"I like the food!" 

Seunghoon added, grinning proudly to himself. The maître d quickly seated you at a large table with plush dining chairs, ensuring that you were all seated before disappearing again. A pair of black-trousered legs soon appeared at the table.

"Good evening, I will be your service for the night-"

The waiter bowed, raising and passing out the menus. When he reached you, he paused, breath catching suddenly

"-no way!"

You glanced up suddenly into the young mans handsome face. 

"Min-Seo?! Ah, I haven't seen you in years!"

"Yeah, it's been ages! Gosh, you look amazing!"

He reached an arm around you, pressing against your reddened cheek with his soft lips. Drawing back, he continued.

"How have you been?" 

"Good, I finally made it into YG!"

"Ah, just like you always dreamt!"

"It's great! I've made so many friends too-" 

You paused glancing around the table before making a motion with your hand at the other men.

"I'm sure you know Winner?"

"Ah, yes! My sister is obsessed with you guys!"

He gave another low bow to the rest of the table, most of which replied with wide smiles and bobs of the head. All except Seung Yoon, who was trying his best to ignore the waiter. You gave him a swift kick from under the table, he jumped, glaring across at you. 

"So how have you been?"

"Goo-"

He was interrupted by a loud clatter as Minos menu slipped from his fingers, earning snickers from the rest of the table as he sunk in his seat.

"Ah, my apologies, I'm being so rude! May I take your orders?"

Min-seo became flustered, he had always been uncomfortable in situations like this. You felt sorry for him. He was soon sent scuttling back to the kitchen, promising a quick return.

"Who was he?"

The curious Jinwoo leant across the table, interested in the new boy.

"Ah, that's Choi Min-seo, we went to school together"

You avoided their glares, knowing the question lingering on their lips.

"So, just school friends, huh? He seemed awfully fond of you"

Taehyun eyed you smugly.

"Alright, okay, we used to date. We made a mutual decision to split up when I moved to Seoul."

"And now here he is."

Seung Yoons tone was loathing. Noting his hurt expression you avoided his eye contact.

"So he still likes you-"

"Obviously."

The leader hissed, Mino was slightly taken aback, not usually being answered in this way. The group resorted to awkward silence whilst waiting for the meal to arrive. Min-seo noticed the atmosphere and quickly vanished after placing the plates on the table, all the time receiving dirty looks from Seung Yoon. This continued through the main meal, until he rose from his seat, excusing himself as he walked towards the lavatories.

***

"I didn't mean to upset him"

You prodded at your cutlery, fighting back tears. You hated it when he was mad.

"Listen, don't mind him, hes sensitive sometimes, even if there's no reason. He'll be right as rain in a minute, you wait and see"

Jinwoo reached across the table, brushing the back of your hand with his palm.

"I still think I should go talk to him"

You gazed in his direction, rising from your seat before any of the members could object. His expression was a give-away as he pushed through the door, spotting you standing in front of him.

"Seung Yoon-"

"I don't want to talk right no-"

He tried to walk past you, but you grabbed him by the hand, dragging him outside.

"Just listen."

You leant close, so close that your bodies were almost touching, your eyes locked on eachother.

"I don't understand why you're jealous, that's a normal reaction when you haven't seen someone in six years. Even if he kissed me on the lips, why would you have a problem with that?"

Now almost screaming, a single tear escaped, slipping from your pale face to stain your dress.

"Don't be mad at me. I don't even want him to be my boyfriend. I don't have those feelings for him anymore. And what am I meant to do if he still has feelings for me, huh? I don't want you to be upset, but I can't-"

Your dam burst, the tears overflowing. The guitarist immediately reached his arms around you, tugging you into his chest. He made comforting sounds as he at your hair.

"I'm sorry, sorry. Don't cry, please. I'm sorry, I'm being stupid. I don't know what it is, I hated seeing him touch you. It made me feel sick. I-"

He stopped himself, catching his words before he slipped up. You continued to sob into his shirt, now clinging to his shoulders to steady yourself.

"I'm sorry, I just- I-"

The door flung open, Jinwoo and Taehyun stood there, smiling sympathetically as the two of you dried your tears. 

***

"Are we okay?"

Seung Yoons soft voice whispered in you ear as his hand drifted down your back, guiding you forward. You used his shoulder to lean your head on as you took tissues from the two concerned members. Tilting your head inwards, you spoke into his neck. 

"We're fine."

You reached for his hand, squeezing it tightly as you re-entered the building, making your way back to your table. The two boys that had remained sat looked up at you innocently, totally unaware of the situation that had just passed. Seung Yoon pulled out your chair, tucking you into the table. You wiggled comfortably, scanning each face as you settled. They stared back, all teeth showing.

"I think we need dessert!"

Taehyun got up, his hand across your shoulders as he passed your chair on his way to the counter. A well-thought move, meaning less contact, less friction, between Seung Yoon and Min-seo. When he returned, he was carrying six bowls of varying sweets, placing a chocolate-based dessert in front of you, leaving the boys to squabble over the remaining bowls. Seung Yoon leaned over your shoulder, gazing at your spoon as you took a deep mouthful. 

"Nice?"

You nodded, taking another spoonful and raising it so that it was in line with his mouth. He moved his head forward, leaving the cutlery spotless. Mino shook his head, chuckling into his hand. 

***

When you had finished, and the bill had been paid, the six of you made your way to the door. Min-seo was stood there, handing out the coats of leaving customers. Seung Yoon moved closer to you, his hand touching yours. Min-seo caught sight of your approach, and bowed low to Seung Yoon, passing over his outer-wear.

"Uh, hey, can I have a word?"

He gestured over his shoulder. You nodded, eyeing the other boys as they passed through the door, Seung Yoon last, that same snarl on his face as he disappeared.

"I saw you two outside, I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking. I didn't mean to cause a problem between you. I shouldn't of made that move in front of your boyfriend, I'm sorry"

"Uh, he's not-"

You rethought your line, using the mistake to your advantage.

"It's fine, he's just protective. He means well-"

You chatted a while longer, swapping numbers before sharing a brief hug. You headed out to join the rest of the group, Seung Yoon offering his coat to protect you from the cold Seoul evening.

"What did he say to you?" 

He whispered as he draped the garment over you.

"Ah, just that he hopes we can catch up soon- He wants me to meet his fiancée"

"Oh? Pahaha~"

The boy relaxed, sighing as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder.