Chapter 5

When September Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s getting close to Minseok’s shift to end but Joonmyun still had a meeting to attend so he texted him that he couldn’t pick him up. Few hours passed but he hasn’t received any message from the other if he got home already so he grew worried. Suddenly, his phone rang and his husband’s caller ID appeared on the screen.

“Hello?” but an unfamiliar voice came from the other line. He checked if it’s really Minseok’s number and it is.

“Hmm hello? Who’s this?” Joonmyun hesitated asked.

The next words of the stranger made Joonmyun’s world to fall apart. He dropped his hand as it started to quiver. Without any second thoughts, he flew down the basement and dashed in the speed of light inside his car.

“Hon, stay strong okay? Please, you have to wait for me.” He kept on mumbling to himself.

As soon as he got to the hospital, he immediately inquired for his husband’s room. And soon enough, he finally found it and dashed inside. His knees grew weaker upon seeing Minseok lying on the hospital bed with a lot of apparatuses connected to him. Joonmyun started shuddering as he touched his husband’s face with his one hand and his other one held Minseok’s hand.

“I-I’m sorry. It’s all m-my f-fault.” Joonmyun said as he was chocked with his tears.

Suddenly, he heard someone opened the door; it’s the doctor. What the doctor said truly broke his heart into pieces. He gripped Minseok’s hand even tighter while holding his tears. After explaining everything into details, the doctor left the room already. Joonmyun can feel his heart pounding loudly inside him, wanted to escape. The only sound that can be heard inside the four walls of the room were the beeping of an apparatus that indicates Minseok’s still breathing, and the other man’s weeping in despair. His husband is in comatose and they didn’t have an idea when he will be awake.

Joonmyun pulled a chair over the bedside and kissed Minseok’s hand with sobs of fear.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” these words repeatedly coming out of his mouth. He can’t think straight and still blaming himself for not taking good care of his husband. Joonmyun took a deep breath and pulled out his phone from his pocket and started dialling for someone.

“Hello Joonmyun?”

“Mom…” it took several seconds before he managed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter