Chapter 15

When September Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok gaped, body trembled, eyes widen in disbelief as the doctor walked out of the room. River of tears momentarily broke from his eyes. It felt like his strength were all up in an instant that his knees weaken resulted for him to prop against the hospital bed.

“Please stop crying. I still have few days remaining.” Joonmyun weakly said as he tightly held his hands.

The doctor gave them the lowdown about his current condition. There’s nothing they can do to cure him and medicine won’t work anymore too. It’s painful for the both of them that Joonmyun only had a week or less to live.

“Why does it seem like heaven was playing with us? I thought we’re getting back to the way we used to be but I’m hopeless now.” Minseok creased Joonmyun's gown, buried his face on his chest as he kept on weeping.

“Don’t lose hope. Just stay strong for me, for us.” Joonmyun rubbed Minseok's back. He wanted to think positively that there will be a miracle for them, but the lines on his forehead can’t hide his true feelings.

Even though how hard he tried to comfort the other, he can’t. How can he do it if he himself wanted to cry his heart out too? He just decided not to because he wanted to show Minseok that he’s strong.

Minutes had passed already but they were still in the same position. It came to the point when Minseok's eyes were already dried as no tears could be shed anymore and his voice became hoarse by crying and shouting.

Joonmyun just kept calming the other until Minseok slept on his chest. It’s hard for him to leave his husband but it’s more difficult for the one who was left behind. Even though how hard he wished to bring back the time, he knew that there’s no chance.

As he watched the older in his sleep, he was lost on count of how many times Minseok twitched his eyebrows. ‘You must be having a really bad dream. How I wish all of these were only just a nightmare. That everything will go back to normal as soon as we woke up.’ Joonmyun thought to himself as he brushed his hand through the other’s hair.

Minseok awakened when he felt some ache on his back because of his position. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw the younger staring at him then smiled. He can see how much Joonmyun lose weight. His usual white skin turned paler and his cheeks turned sharper with his now noticeable cheekbones. But one thing he’s certain that never lost. It’s Joonmyun's uncon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter