Chapter 16

Fated to Love in Our Differences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]THE BOND[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Utopia - Human dimension

Sungjong sat on the bed. He just woke up from the long sleep. Wrinkling, he found himself in his room. ‘How I-’ The door creaked open.

“Ah, you’re finally awake.” Sungjong startled. Hoya came inside with a smile. “Are you okay, right? Daeryong hyung told me what happened. How could you didn’t move and take cover?” Hoya sighed as he sat on the edge of Sungjong’s bed. Sungjong blinked as Hoya touched his shoulder. “Dinner is ready, do you want to come down now or later? If later, I will ask Soryong hyung to keep your portion.”

Sungjong cleared his throat, running away his eyes from Hoya. “I- I will come down after washing my face.” Hoya nodded and patted the shoulder as he stood up. Sungjong pushed down the cover.

“I will be going down first. Ah, thank Myungsoo for bringing you back okay?” Sungjong looked up to Hoya. “Myungsoo is the one who bring you home.” Sungjong just nodded and walked to the bathroom. Hoya left the room. The youngest Lee stood in front of the mirror, holding the sink to support himself. He got a short flash again. Hoya said something to him in that flash.

“It’s okay. I don’t blame you.” Sungjong looked at himself in the mirror. “It’s looked like I confess to him or something…” Sungjong sighed.

When the youngest of Infinite came down to the dining room, everybody almost finished their dinner except Sungyeol. Sungyeol smiled to his younger brother and Sungjong smiled back. “Your portion is in the kitchen.” Sungjong nodded and walked out from the dining room. He went to the kitchen just to find Soryong and Woohyun who was doing the dishes.

“Oh, hey Jongie. Your food is there.” Soryong noticed Sungjong and pointed to the table. Sungjong just took it and left to the dining room again. Woohyun glanced when Sungjong was out from the kitchen. Soryong noticed Woohyun’s stare. “Woohyun?”

Woohyun blinked. “Huh?”

“Anything?” Woohyun exhaled.

“No, it’s just Sungjong looks so distracted since this morning and perhaps that’s why he didn’t manage to take cover from Myungsoo’s attack. Spacing out.”  Soryong shrugged.

“I didn’t notice that. Did you try to ask?” Woohyun nodded.

“But he shrugged me off.” Soryong took a breath.

“Let him alone for a while. If it gets worse, we will get to him.” Woohyun nodded.

Sungjong sat in front of Sungyeol. “Where’s other people?” Sungjong asked as he felt the house is a bit quiet. Sungyeol looked up.

“Oh, the wizards and witches are not back yet. I believe Daeryong hyung, Kikwang ssi and Seungho ssi were in the meeting room. The werewolves were out for hunting and I don’t know where the vampires went – either home or not.” Sungyeol munched his last spoon. “Dongwoo hyung followed the werewolves. Sunggyu hyung perhaps is in his room, Myungsoo is in the library I think. Vanessa is as usual in her room. I don’t know where Hoya hyung.” Sungjong just nodded. “Are you okay, Jongie?”

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol before nodding. “Nothing’s wrong so I’m okay.” Sungyeol nodded. The elder had finished his dinner and left first. Sungjong was all alone eating in the dining room.

 

 

“So you never go hunting, Dongwoo?” The dark cinnamon wolf asked through telepathy. The bluish white wolf nodded. “We will teach you.”

“I never taste raw meat too, is it nice?” The bluish white wolf asked. A light chuckled from yellowish white wolf behind them heard.

“Don’t worry, Dongwoo ssi. If you’re a wolf, you will like it. In the dark like this, we may catch small animal like rabbits but if we’re lucky we will get a deer, who knows?” The yellowish white wolf said. The dark brown wolf beside the yellowish white wolf gave a light nudged with the body.

“This is not Underworld, Hyuk.”

“I was about to say the same thing as Bin.” The light brown wolf said. The icy blue wolf cleared its throat.

“Quiet. I sense a prey.” They stayed silent and focused to listen to their surroundings. The bluish white wolf just watched, wanted to learn. The dark cinnamon wolf beckoned to a direction with its head. The other wolf turned to the same way. They wrinkled.

“Should we?” The white wolf asked. The light brown wolf growled lowly.

“You want to eat a pig, Ken hyung?” The light brown wolf said. “Where’s the prey, Leo hyung? I can’t believe you sense it wrong.” The icy blue wolf glared at the light brown wolf.

“Ravi, I swear I will-”

“Nah, don’t argue both of you.” The dark cinnamon said and turned to the bluish white wolf. “Sorry about this two, Dongwoo. Leo has a quite temper and Ravi is just a senseless dude.” The two mentioned wolf grunted. The white wolf moved closer to the icy blue wolf and rubbed its head on the other’s cheek. The icy blue wolf purred softly. The dark brown wolf looked at the other way, a bit crestfallen. “Let’s move to other location.” The dark cinnamon wolf said quickly noticing the dark brown wolf’s fallen face.

The seven wolves walked deeper into the forest and this time, the dark cinnamon sensed a lost lamb. The dark cinnamon and icy blue wolves had stepped up to hunt the lamb. It has been like that since forever, they will pursue the target in pair. The dark cinnamon wolf is together with the icy blue wolf, the yellowish white wolf is with the dark brown one and the last one is light brown and white wolf pair. The brother, dark brown and white wolves, can’t be paired together as they’re both omega so their leader had set the hunting pair like mentioned.

“As predicted.” The yellowish white said and turned to the bluish white wolf. “Come on and eat together, Dongwoo ssi.” They went closer to the two hunting wolves and the dead lamb.

“Do you see how it’s being done?” The dark cinnamon asked caringly to the bluish white. It nodded a bit.

“I think I learn a bit.” The elder nodded.

“That’s good. After we eat this, let’s find rabbits and you can learn with-” The dark cinnamon looked at its pack. “Ah, learn it with Hyuk. He will teach you better than the other.” The other wolves sent a glare at the dark cinnamon. It raised the brow. “What? I’m true, right?”

“Why Hyuk? I’m better than him in hunting.” The light brown growled. The leader chuckled.

“With skills, yes you surpassed Hyuk. But you have no chills and Dongwoo won’t learn much from you. And Leo who is much better than you won’t be the best teacher with his cold personality, you know it Leo, don’t glare at me like that.” The dark cinnamon grinned as the icy blue rolled the eyes. “And then Ken and Bin are omega, not nice.”

“You can teach him tho, N hyung.” The dark brown wolf mumbled. The dark cinnamon chuckled.

“I want to go for a run. It’s okay with you, right Hyuk?” The yellowish white wolf smiled.

“Yup, I’m honoured to teach Dongwoo.” The bluish white wolf smiled a bit.

“Thank you.”

 

 

BTOB was in the yard, having some practice among them to sharpen their special ability. Hoya was there at the bench. He had nothing to do and just wanted some fresh air when he found the vampires were outside training.

Eunkwang noticed Minhyuk took noticed of the hybrid. The mates were fighting each other with Minhyuk’s practicing his teleport skill in a battle while the other five were fighting each other using their own special ability (if you’re curious about Hyunsik, he used his healing ability to block the power flow in his attacker’s body and Changseob was just fighting with his punches and kicks). Eunkwang ducked down when Minhyuk appeared on his left after teleporting, giving out a punch. The leader gave out a jab to the stomach but Minhyuk disappeared again. Eunkwang tried to use his power to hear Minhyuk’s thought. He didn’t use to control it but just to know what Minhyuk plan is. “Minhyuk. Don’t think too loud.” Eunkwang mumbled. Minhyuk appeared behind him and Eunkwang successfully caught his punch. “You’re messy in your mind. I hear you clear enough. That’s not good.” Minhyuk sighed and lowered his hand. Eunkwang turned to face Minhyuk.

“Sorry. I just can’t keep focusing.”

“I know.” Eunkwang glanced at his other members. “How about you join him at the bench and talk with him? I will just practice with them.” Eunkwang said. Minhyuk frowned. The elder gave a smile before Minhyuk’s frown loosened and he absent-mindedly walked away from Eunkwang towards the bench.

“Gosh! Seo Eunkwang!” Eunkwang giggled.

“Just go. You won’t focus if we continued anyway.” Eunkwang said, controlling Minhyuk to walk towards the hybrid at the bench. Once Minhyuk was stepped away and the hybrid looked at him, Eunkwang released his control and joined the other members’ fight.

“What’s wrong, Minhyuk ssi?” Hoya asked when Minhyuk nervously stood in front of him. He noticed Minhyuk and Eunkwang stopped fighting for a while but he didn’t know why because he couldn’t hear what the two had talked about even though he had the hearing skill. Minhyuk bit his lips.

“Ca- can I sit with you?” Hoya blinked and just nodded, feeling odd with the sudden question. But he stayed silent. Minhyuk sat beside Hoya, still nervous somehow. He didn’t know what he could talk with this guy because he didn’t know much and Hoya looked like somehow a cold guy so Minhyuk don’t know what to do.

“Is there something you want to ask, Minhyuk ssi?” Minhyuk startled and his fidgeting fingers stopped. Hoya asked directly as he noticed Minhyuk was contemplating about something. “Just ask, I will answer as long as I know the answer.” Hoya flashed a smile, as if he could understand that might be the push Minhyuk needed to start talking. With the smile, Minhyuk gathered his thought.

“Erm, I didn’t mean to sound rude.” Minhyuk took a breath. “But where did you get your necklace?” Hoya blinked and touched his chest, feeling the chains around his neck.

“This?” Hoya glanced at the necklace and exhaled. “I have this since I was born. I can’t remember who gives it but I think it’s from my parents.” Minhyuk nodded lightly.

“But your brothers seemed didn’t have it.” Hoya glanced at Minhyuk before looking far away.

“I didn’t remember why Sungyeol didn’t have this necklace but Sungjong…” Hoya took a breath. “Something happened to my family when Sungjong was born.” Minhyuk exhaled. Hoya turned to him. “Why you’re asking about this necklace anyway?” Minhyuk startled. He could guess the question will come but he didn’t know how to answer that.

“Er…I just-” Minhyuk gulped. He rubbed his nape. “You know I have the same-”

“Argh!” Minhyuk’s words were stopped by a scream. Both of them turned to the source and saw Changseob knelt to the ground. Minhyuk quickly stood up and rushed to his younger brother.

“What happened? Changseob?” Minhyuk panicked. Eunkwang stopped him from approaching Changseob while the other stepped back as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter