Chapter 9

Fated to Love in Our Differences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]UNTANGLED THE KNOTS[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Black West - Sacred dimension

Jonghyun stared outside from his room’s window. Not so far, he could see Taemin and Minho in the middle of training together with the army. The second eldest of SHINee could see the differences in Taemin's movement. He had become bolder. The elder didn't know he should be happy for it or not. Because among all the half-brothers, he always saw Taemin is the pure and kind demon. But seeing him right now, Jonghyun knew, the mentioned so-called monster inside Taemin, King wanted it to be released and it’s succeeding. Jonghyun sighed.

"You put the long face again, Jjong." Jonghyun startled. He didn't notice at all that someone entered his room.

"What are you doing here?" Jonghyun growled.

"Visiting you, bring some food and companion." Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

"Just leave, Key. I don't want to eat." Key exhaled and put the tray on the nightstand before walking closer to Jonghyun at the door.

"You're not eating since yesterday. What King had told you, Jjong? You're getting weird." Key asked and leaned against the wall while facing Jonghyun who looked outside. A sigh slipped Jonghyun's lips.

"It's nothing for you to be concerned. I will be fine myself." Key looked at Jonghyun.

"You know you always can tell me." Jonghyun shook his head.

"Not this time. I need to loosen this knot myself." Key looked at Jonghyun before turning to the window, watching the same persons down there.

"Is there had to do with the war?" Jonghyun stayed silent. Key exhaled. "I hit the right point."

"No, it's Taem." Key wrinkled. Jonghyun turned to the younger. "I don't want Taemin to be evil. But I can't go against King." Jonghyun sighed. "I don't know."

"Jonghyun." Key took a breath. "It's not you the one who have the right to untangle this knot." Jonghyun looked at Key. "It's destined that five of us are half-brothers, demons. And Taemin is the chosen one to have the power we don't. It's his right to be evil or not, Jjong. You shouldn't worry about this."

"But, Kibum I don't-"

"King is our own brother. He's the King, the one who always do his everything for his own kind." Jonghyun sighed.

"Is that it?"

"You doubt the King?" Jonghyun smiled sadly.

"I don't know." Key glared at Jonghyun.

"You're dead if he heard you..."

"I'm still alive because he heard me actually." Key wrinkled and looked around. He can't sense the mentioned demon presence.

'You're not disappointing me, Jonghyun. You're always the best in detecting me.' Key startled when he heard Onew's voice. He looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun took a breath.

"We live together the longest, Your Majesty. Because we're raised in the main castle together." Jonghyun calmly said.

'Yes, and even you doubt me still, but I trust your loyalty, Kim Jonghyun.'

"You know me well too. Can I join the training down there, Your Majesty?"

'I have other things for you. Key.' Key blinked and answered him. 'I want you and Jonghyun to go and find out the situation in Hidden dimension. We need to know something about that place.' Key nodded. Jonghyun exhaled.

"You just love to send me away. You don't believe me, right Your Majesty?"

'I'm afraid you will be too carried away with your own worries, Jonghyun. Taemin shouldn't be stopped at this current point.' Jonghyun huffed.

"You will get what you want, Your Majesty." Jonghyun looked at Key. "Let's go and head out now." Jonghyun said and took off by the window. Key blinked in surprise before spreading his wings, following behind Jonghyun. From one of the room, someone peeked through the tiny slit of the black curtain before closing it.

"You're such a softie, Jonghyun. But I'm always impressive with your loyalty. Even so, I can't let my guard down even though you're my own brother." The men in black robe stepped towards a mirror. His lips moved, chanting some words before the mirror showed a reflection of White East. Jonghyun was there, on the peak of a mountain. Smiles plastered on his face, he was lying on the white fluffy like-snow-but-it’s-not-snow ground. He clicked his tongue. "You love and enjoy sunlight too much." He exhaled. Demons weren't supposed to enjoy light because they're more powerful in dark and weaker in light. But he always found Jonghyun enjoyed light and will go to the mountain whenever he was sad.

"I'm the King. You betray me, you're done. I don't care even if you're my own brother, I will kill betrayer." Onew stomped his cane and the mirror changed, reflecting the gloomy room. Onew pulled down a bit his robe hoodie, revealing his face. He smirked. "Once demons win, I will rule everything." Onew laughed darkly, echoing inside his room creepily. 

 

 

Underworld - Hidden dimension

Hakyeon looked at Jaehwan who looked down entire time. After the little chat of him and Jaehwan in his room (which resulting him to be in pure shock to Jaehwan's confession), he talked with Hongbin alone for a while before called up Taekwoon and Jaehwan to meet in the meeting room. Right now, Hakyeon was sitting face to face with Taekwoon with Hongbin beside the second eldest of VIXX and Jaehwan beside Hakyeon. Sanghyuk was excluded, even though the maknae whined to join but Hakyeon strictly told the maknae to stay out of the problem. The maknae was sulking in his - shared with Wonsik - room. "So, we need to figure out this as soon as possible." Hakyeon croaked out, breaking the silence. Taekwoon looked at him.

"Hakyeon, I can handl-"

"No, Taekwoon. I need to step in." Hakyeon turned to Hongbin. "Hongbin, you know and understand exactly what I told you yesterday, right?" Hongbin took a heavy breath and nodded.

"Jaehwan hyung is Taekwoon's hyung mate. I can't separate them even though I love Jaehwan hyung more than a brother should, because they're tied by fate, attached by heart and soul. Mates can't be separated, omega can be dead without its alpha and the alpha that lost its mate will feel empty inside and never can have offspring even he's mating with others." Hongbin tried to hold on from sounded breaking. He was seriously broken but he didn't want to show it. Hakyeon nodded and flashed a smile to Hongbin. He turned to Jaehwan.

"And you, Jaehwan." Jaehwan didn't look up but Hakyeon knew Jaehwan heard him. "You shouldn't be afraid of anything. Because Taekwoon is responsible on you. If you're afraid of him..." Hakyeon paused and looked at Taekwoon. "Or think he will hate you, you shouldn't. Trust your mate a bit." Taekwoon squinted his eyes. Hakyeon took a breath. "Jaehwanie, you know if you're hurt, Taekwoon will feel it too. So you shouldn't worry about that, okay?" Hakyeon said and reached for Jaehwan's hand. He patted it lightly. Jaehwan looked up for the first time, to Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiled. Jaehwan felt safe to have Hakyeon's warmth.

Taekwoon grunted a bit. Hakyeon turned when he heard that. Their eyes met. Hakyeon smirked. Taekwoon looked lost while Hongbin who saw everything blinked in confusion. "So, you're turning into possessive alpha now, Taeki." Taekwoon narrowed his eyes. Hakyeon's mouth froze in ice. Hakyeon rolled his eyes and melted the ice with his power. "Stop using your power to stop me, you know I'm more powerful than you." Taekwoon scoffed. Hakyeon turned serious. "Jung Taekwoon."

The said male blinked. He turned to Hakyeon when the voice sounded serious again. Their eyes met. Hongbin didn't understand on what Hakyeon was hinting but he didn't take note on it and not asking either. "Whatever feelings you have now, I hope you stop it and focus on your mate. Learn to love and treasure him." Taekwoon startled. He turned to Jaehwan. The second eldest felt something is not right. So, I'm not dreaming...I did say it...

"Jaehwan, did I-" Taekwoon's question stopped there when Hakyeon cut him off.

"You told him, right after 'that' happen. You might not know because this is your first, but an omega have sensitive time right after 'that' happen, moreover their first time." Hakyeon paused, his eyes met Hongbin. Hongbin looked very broken but Hakyeon knew this is the best way to make Hongbin let everything go and moved on from Jaehwan, his own brother. Hongbin flashed a bitter smile, telling the leader to continue. "Even though he's not having feelings on you Taekwoon, but you hurt him with your words and made him afraid you gonna blame him over what had happened."

Taekwoon bit his lips. "I-I I..."

"Taekwoon, I'm an alpha too. Most likely we never be..." Hakyeon didn’t continue because he didn’t want to hurt Jaehwan. The younger was looking down. Hongbin just listened. He had already been told by Taekwoon’s real feelings when Hakyeon called him for a talk just now. The eldest needed Hongbin’s help to resolve the problem even though he knew it will hurt Hongbin in process but Hakyeon thought it’s the best to make Hongbin forgot his feelings for his elder brother, by facing the pain head on. Hakyeon knew he won’t make the wrong judgment. Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon after a while.

"It just happened. I don't know when and how but I just noticed that I-" Hakyeon put up his hand, stopping Taekwoon.

"Don't say it again, you gonna hurt Jaehwan again." Taekwoon bit his lips.

"I'm sorry, Jaehwan. I didn't mean...I didn't think...it just-"

"Hyung." Jaehwan croaked out, looking up to the other for the first time. Hongbin noticed the fear and tears in Jaehwan's eyes. The younger Lee felt his heart clenched. Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan. He felt a pang. "Y-you won't blame me...right? You won't h-hate me?" Jaehwan stuttered. Taekwoon took a breath and shook his head.

"I know it's not your fault and it's not me alone having a hard time over this fact, we both are." Taekwoon said, turning to Hongbin. "I don't know what I should say to you, Hongbin."

Hakyeon jumped in. "Now, the important thing I want here is..." Hakyeon looked at each of them. "Start a new page. Move on. For sake of ourselves and our pack. Also your happiness, Taekwoon, Jaehwan." Hakyeon looked at Jaehwan and Taekwoon. Jaehwan looked hesitate. Hakyeon turned to Hongbin. Hongbin nodded. "Taekwoon, come with me. We have things to talk alone. They're too." Hakyeon said to Taekwoon. Taekwoon looked at the leader then Hongbin. The two eldest left the brothers alone.

"Hyung." Jaehwan bit his lips. Hongbin took a breath and reached Jaehwan for a hug. "Don't cry."

"Hongbin...you know I love you..."

"I know, but we're not mates, hyung. We already know this." Jaehwan looked at Hongbin. Hongbin smiled slightly. "I love you too. But you're Taekwoon hyung's, Jaehwan hyung."

"Binnie..."

"We will still love each other, but as a brother." Hongbin felt his heart clenched to say the words but he had to. He didn't want to make Jaehwan suffered for his own selfishness, for their love. It was forbidden from the beginning, they're brothers but they love each other. Hongbin acknowledged that, and now it's his job to make Jaehwan understand and let it go. "Just remember hyung, we're brothers. Nothing can separate us from that bond. It is just as strong as the bond you have with Taekwoon hyung."

"Hongbin."

"Move on, accept Taekwoon hyung. He will do the same, perhaps he's already starting. Like Hakyeon hyung said, he's becoming possessive on you." Jaehwan bit his lips and shook his head.

"Perhaps he was mad to see Hakyeon touching me."

"That's what I mean." Hongbin said. Jaehwan's tears rolled down, Hongbin blinked and quickly wiped it away. "Hey hyung, don't cry."

"Taekwoon hyung loves Hakyeon hyung, Hongbin. He loves him...I-I I..." Hongbin exhaled and held Jaehwan’s hand. Jaehwan felt the warmth was so comforting and he knew he will miss this so much.

Hongbin took a breath, controlling his own mind. He was hurt to know Taekwoon had someone else in his heart and perhaps will hurt his hyung in the process. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter