Chapter 10

Fated to Love in Our Differences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]SUCCESSOR[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Utopia - Human dimension

Myungsoo gasped, sitting on his bed as he snapped from his dream. He was sweating so much. The younger Kim touched his neck and face, panting for some air. He turned to the bed next to his. His brother was sleeping peacefully there, unaffected. Myungsoo exhaled. ‘How…how I managed to see hyung’s memory?’ Myungsoo buried his face into his palms, thinking of the nightmare he had just woken up to.

He got a nightmare where his father was attacked by his wives. The sound of fighting, shouting, he heard it in his dreams. He could see his mother’s face who was hugging him tight during the fight, the mother was crying. He knew that was his mother’s face because he remembered his pieces of memory right after he was born, he saw that same face for a short while. He then realized the one who was got hugged by the mother wasn’t him, but his brother. He clearly could make out where the real he was in that piece of memory. His mother’s tummy.

Myungsoo got confused, how could he remembered being in Sunggyu’s place at that time. “Myungsoo?” The young hybrid startled and looked up. Someone was at the door but he couldn’t recognize who it was. “Come here, I have something to tell you.” Without him knowing, he already got up from the bed and walked to the door. He still can’t see the face and his legs just moved forward, didn’t know it was the curiosity or because of the person called him earlier. He could feel the person was smiling to him.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for locking it inside you but I don’t want your brother to get hurt.” Myungsoo wrinkled. The person touched his cheeks. Feeling that warmth, Myungsoo knew it wasn’t foreign. But he still can’t see the face. “I’m sorry for unable to see you growing up. I’m sorry for not being there when you and your brother needs me. I’m sorry for everything, Myungsoo ah. I was wrong.” The voice became clearer. Myungsoo let his tears fall.

“Appa?”

The image became clearer and Myungsoo could see a man smiling to him warmly. The man was nodding, crying like he was right now. “I’m sorry for visiting you late, but I don’t want both of you getting hurt for knowing me.”

“No…why we will get hurt? Appa, we never meet…but I miss you.” The father smiled and ruffled Myungsoo’s hair.

“We have met. I- I’m not dead in that battle.” Myungsoo’s eyes widened. The father smiled bitterly. “I managed to escape but I was injured too badly. I wanted to meet you all before I died. And I did it after a great amount of effort with the remaining power left inside of me. But it’s too late. Because I arrived there when your mother was already gone.” The father took a breath. “I met you that one night after your mother get caught by the rulers. Your brother saw me and got into a quite great shock. He began to tremble and harmed himself because he saw me and remembered that day again. In order to safe him, I took out his memory of that day and locked it inside you so he won’t remember anything. It will be safer than I locked it inside him. I’m sorry for doing that when I also had to lock the memories of you about us.” The father caressed Myungsoo’s cheek. “I’m glad my judgment isn’t wrong, you’re not harmed by that piece of memory because I know you’re strong.”

“I don’t know…if I’m strong enough. Because it was too scary. I could feel what hyung is feeling at that time. He’s full of self-hatred, he thought he’s the reason why we lost you and eomma.” The father cupped Myungsoo’s cheeks.

“You’re stronger than you thought, I know that. That’s why I lock it into you. You’re my successor, Kim Myungsoo.” Myungsoo stared into his father’s eyes. “The righteous heir of Demon’s throne is yours. I give all my powers into you. Myungsoo ah, I come back because you need to know this.”

“Appa.”

“Listen. The only way to stop the war from happening is you to become the King of Demon. Only you can stop Onew and his brothers…your half-brothers.” Myungsoo frowned. “Myungsoo, the future can be changed by you. You’re more powerful than your half-brothers. Just remember that.” Myungsoo caught his father’s hand when it started to fade.

“Appa, eodikkha?” The father smiled lightly.

“My time is up. Please remember that, only you can stop Onew. This is another way to stop the war from happening.” Myungsoo widened his eyes when his father’s body started to fade.

“Appa, can you answer my question before you go?” The father nodded. “I…I want to know your name.” The father smiled warmly.

“Jung. Jung Yunho.”

 

“Appa!” Myungsoo opened his eyes widely. He saw Doojoon beside his bed.

“You’re awake. Did you dream something, Myungsoo?” The angel asked. Myungsoo panted and took the big gulp of water Doojoon gave. He took a breath and saw Sunggyu was still sleeping.

“I…met my father.” Doojoon exhaled.

“He said something?” Myungsoo looked up to Doojoon.

“He wants me to fight Onew and the half-brothers. He said that I’m strongest among them. He also said I’m the only one can stop the war, by stopping Onew.” Myungsoo recited what he had been told by his father in his dream. Doojoon exhaled.

“So…I guess he’s the one who locked the memory into you.” Myungsoo nodded and his eyes fell on Sunggyu. He took a breath.

“Appa said hyung is unable to bear the memory so he took it out from him and locked inside me.” Myungsoo explained. “He visited us once after my mother is taken by the angel rulers.” Doojoon looked at Myungsoo. Myungsoo turned to him. “He didn’t die at instant in the battle and he used his last bit of power just to find us back instead of recovered his injuries. But he was late when mother was already gone by the time he came.” Myungsoo took a breath. “About hyung…”

“He rejected the memory. I’m unable to unlock the seal inside him to get the memory back to him. I need more powers to do that.” Doojoon explained. Myungsoo looked at his brother.

“Tell him it wasn’t successful. This memory shouldn’t back to him. He will go wild again. Hyung kept hatred to himself because he can’t help our father and mother in that fight.” Myungsoo took a breath. “He blamed himself for father’s death. I got to understand it as the memory flows in my head.” Doojoon nodded.

“Okay, let’s do that. You’re okay, right? With that memory?” Myungsoo nodded.

“Like my father said, I’m strong and able to handle it.” Doojoon smiled a bit and nodded. Myungsoo turned to Sunggyu again. “I hope this will just stay between us, Doojoon hyung. No one should know about the dream of my father I had.” Doojoon looked at Myungsoo before nodded lightly.

‘Hyung, I got to know our father name. Jung Yunho. We’re supposed to be Jung. But I won’t erase eomma’s trace, so I will keep our name. Kim Myungsoo, Kim Sunggyu.’

 

 

Sungjong walked out from his shared room with his brothers after he finished his bath that morning. His legs moved towards the Kim brothers' room. He wanted to check on them, or exactly Myungsoo. He didn’t go last night because Woohyun had stayed with the brothers. He could hear some chatter from the downstairs and he knew everybody was downstairs except Vanessa and Kim brothers, waiting for breakfast.

Sungjong opened the door slowly, not wanting the people inside got awake if they're sleeping. The maknae peeked in, the light from outside already poured inside the room. Only Sunggyu was on the bed, there's no sign of Myungsoo. Sungjong opened the door a bit wider, looking around. The next to the window, there's a figure standing and looking far outside. The other didn't realize Sungjong's presence. Sungjong closed the door quietly and entered. "Myungsoo hyung." Sungjong whispered. Myungsoo didn't hear him. Sungjong decided to move closer and stopped a step from Myungsoo. He poked Myungsoo's shoulder. The latter jumped a bit and turned into shock. He sighed when he saw Sungjong.

"You startled me. Lucky I'm not a type to scream." Sungjong grinned. Myungsoo looked over the sleeping Sunggyu before turning to Sungjong. "You awake so early?" Sungjong chuckled softly.

"I don’t know why." Myungsoo just smiled. "Are you okay, hyung? Do you remember anything?" Myungsoo shrugged.

"I don't know I'm okay or not. I remember my mother’s face. I don’t know about hyung. He’s still didn’t awake from yesterday." Sungjong nodded.

"Hyung, I know some time needed for you to accept about your parents. But you should at least feel relieved that you're not abandoned by your parents. They love you, it was just they can't be with you and Sunggyu hyung." Myungsoo exhaled and turned to the window.

"You're true but I feel empty. Because they're no longer in the world and my mom, I mean the one who gives birth to me and hyung..." Sungjong took a breath and hugged Myungsoo. Myungsoo sighed and wrapped his arms around Sungjong. "I don't know what to think or feel."

"They're your parents. You just need time to accept those, hyung. And remember, we're all here for you and Sunggyu hyung. So you should never feel alone." Myungsoo smiled a bit. He wanted to tell Sungjong everything he knew but he chose to keep it to himself. Because he had asked Doojoon to keep his dream and the memory he had as secrets. He didn’t want others to worry about him. He needed to do what his father asked him alone.

"Thanks, Jongie." Sungjong patted Myungsoo's back.

"Shouldn’t I who should say thanks, hyung?" Myungsoo chuckled.

"Oh, yeah? If it's about that, I’m just fine. No thank needed." Sungjong released Myungsoo and glanced at Sunggyu. The eldest was still sleeping. Sungjong turned back to Myungsoo and muttered very softly only to be heard by Myungsoo. Myungsoo ruffled Sungjong's hair. "Don't worry, Jongie. Your secret's safe with me and I can understand you, Jongie." Sungjong looked up to Myungsoo. They exchanged a smile.

'I'm grateful you're not disgusted with me when you know I like Hoya hyung...'

Myungsoo stared at his brother. ‘I promise you I will let you know everything later, hyung. The others too.’

 

 

Black West - Sacred dimension

Jonghyun returned when it's already late night. He directed his legs straight to his room but he stopped when he heard a hushed conversation in one of the rooms. "How could you..."

"I have the strongest bond with our father you know that, Key hyung." Jonghyun heard Key's sigh after Minho's voice. Jonghyun tried to look inside of the room while eavesdropping.

"So you say that his power showed up?" Key asked and a silence. "How can that even possible? He's dead."

"You know about demon's death right?" Key looked at Minho.

"It can't be about the blood curse..."

"Our father did that apparently."

"But to whom?" Minho shrugged.

"None of us meet him in dream...so it's not us." Key frowned.

"He had another son?!" Minho cupped Key's mouth.

"It seems like that. You didn't found Jonghyun had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter