Realization

A lonely Demon's Lovestory

“Take care of your body, okay? Don’t do anything exhausting, best would be to head straight to the bed. When I come back tomorrow, I want to see you in the condition I left you, not worse.”

 

 

 

 

“…Great! …See me in the same condition…How am I supposed to do that?!” Jaejoong panicked. “All my wounds are gone! And he’ll be here in an hour!!! ..What if he wants to change the bandages?!?! …I don’t even need bandages anymore!!!!”

He was running around the house with wet hair and only a towel around his waist trying to find the answer that solves his problem.

“I can’t let him know about that! He would ask me tons of questions and would find out about my—“

He stopped walking as he got shocked by the thought.

“No. NO! This just can’t happen!!! I must do something….he should never know about this!”

He looked at the first aid kit they left on the table in the living room and sighed.

 

 

“…Seems like I have no other choice…let’s play pretend and hope he won’t get to close.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ding Dong. Ding Dong Ding Dong.

 

Jaejoong hesitated to open the door. He must act authentic. If he was still injured, it would take him some time to get to the door, he thought.

Then, he turned the doorknob.

 

“Jaejoong-ah” Yunho stood right in front of him wearing a dark green coat that caressed his slightly tanned skin and his brown hair very well.

He was holding a flower bouquet in his hands and looked at him surprised.

Jaejoong’s heartbeat speed up as he suddenly felt Yunho’s strong arms embracing him. A scent of heavy perfume surrounded the petite boy and soon he was mesmerized by it.

“Why are you opening the door? Did your parents leave you alone?”

Jaejoong broke free and let him in. “…I’m living alone…”

“Why…?” Yunho asked curious.

“Well…” Jaejoong pretend-limped into the kitchen and got out a vase to put the flowers in it “…My parents are death since I’m 10. I’ve been in an orphanage, but ran away and made myself a new home.”

 

“….W-what…?” The brown haired boy almost dropped the flowers in shock. “Your parents…You…but-“

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. I lived alone for 5 years now, I’m used to it.”

Jaejoong wanted to grab the flowers from Yunho when suddenly a tanned hand took hold of his paper white one. “…Eun?”

 

“….Still, it’s incredibly sad. If I…If I only knew, I would have stayed the night. I’m so sorry, Jaejoong…Only imagining this is terrible….”

Yunho’s eyes were filled with so much pity and worry, it hurt the raven haired to look at him.

 

He always thought Jaejoong’s sadness was caused by the way the people around him treated him. But now that he knew there was literally none to care for him and he had to carry all the burden on his shoulders, Yunho felt even more responsible for him.

 

 

“…It’s not like I had any other chance but get used to it…. But why don’t we sit down in the living room and talk about something else? I don’t like to spread a bad mood…” Yunho nodded silently and both left the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

“How do you feel today? You seem to be much better.” Yunho said and took a cookie from the plate Jaejoong had prepared. Jaejoong shifted in the armchair he was sitting on. It made him nervous to hear that question. Did Yunho notice something?

 

“Y-yes…I feel…uhm…better…yeah…it isn’t that bad anymore…ne ne~”

 

“Oh really?” Yunho said surprised which caused Jaejoong to break out in sweat. “I’m glad! But I guess it must still be hurting like hell…The girls injured you merciless yesterday...

 

Why did that happen anyway?”

 

 

Jaejoong froze for a second. He didn’t expect that question. Now, what should he tell him? He couldn’t just say she attacked him because she f**king wanted him to get away from Yunho. Only by repeating it in his mind it seems too absurd to be a reason for her actions, even if it was the truth, Yunho would never buy it, she had already bewitched him with her oh-so-sweet attitude. But telling him it was an accident wouldn’t work either…

 

“…Jaeeeeee?” Yunho smelled something fishy since it took the latter so much time to answer.

 

The delicate boy bit onto his lower lip in desperation and averted Yunho’s gaze. Suddenly, he felt a hand moving his head and in less than a second he couldn’t escape from him anymore. His face was only inches apart.

 

 

“Why?” The tall boy asked in a serious tone, but still Jaejoong didn’t answer.

 

“Jaejoong, come on, what did they want from you?”

 

 

 

“…I don’t want to talk about it…”

 

 

Yunho let go of Jaejoong and huffed. More and more questions filled his mind and none wanted to answer them. Not Jaejoong, nor the people at school. How should he know which side he should be part of then?

 

“Fine, then I’ll ask Jihyo myself tonight…” “WHAT?!”

“I said…” now that Jaejoong reacted like this, Yunho got a plan “…I’ll go and ask her. If you don’t want to talk to me…” He hoped, Jaejoong would speak up if he puts some pressure on him.

 

“NO!” Jaejoong jumped off his armchair and took hold of Yunho. Asking Jihyo was even worse for him. He knew she wouldn’t hesitate to take advantage of the situation to tell him every kind of lie that would make Yunho believe he was a bad person. And the last thing Jaejoong wanted now was to lose him just that he made friends with him. He felt that he needed Yunho.

 

“Then tell me!” the brown haired said while scanning Jaejoong’s face.

 

“…Why are you even so curious about it? It’s not like it’s got something to do with you-“ Jaejoong fired back hoping Yunho would give in, but of course he didn’t.

 

“Got nothing to do with me? If you forgot, Jaejoong, I’ve been the person who made them stop, above that carried you home and cared for you afterwards“

 

“No, I definitely did not forget about it! But why is it so hard to accept I don’t want to talk about it? Don’t you trust me or what?”

 

“I DO trust you. The one who doesn’t trust is YOU! …otherwise you would tell me why all of that happened.”

 

“…”

 

“..But instead you kept rejecting me right from the start.

Why shouldn’t I talk to you?

Why are your classmates behaving like this towards you?

Why do you always disappear?

Why did the girls attack you?

…I’ll never get answers from you, will I?”

 

Jaejoong opened and closed his mouth, but there was nothing he could say. Yunho was having a point there.

 

 

 

“…Anything left to say?”

 

The petite man’s body began to tremble.

He lowered his head, so Yunho couldn’t see the tears he shed.

He cursed himself and wished he could die and get born as a normal boy again. If he was normal, his parents wouldn’t have died. If he was normal, his friends wouldn’t have turned their back on him. His girlfriend wouldn’t have committed suicide.

 

He wouldn’t have to hide the truth from Yunho.

 

But he was who he was and none else.

And no matter what he would do now, in the end he would watch him leave.

 

‘Maybe it’s the best for him…after all, I wouldn’t be able to give him anything but lies…’

 

 

 

 

“….don‘t forget to take the flowers with you, before you go…”

 

 

“Jae-“ Yunho looked up in shock. Did Jaejoong really say that?

 

“…P-please l-leave…It’s…just a waste o-of time…”

 

“…Why can’t you just tell me? Is it such a good feeling to suffer from your own stubbornness?”

 

Jaejoong lifted his head. Yunho had noticed what’s going on and looked him straight in the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…Leave…”

 

“FINE!” Yunho said harshly as he took his coat and swung the door vigorously open “Do what you want, I don’t care!”

 

 

 

Jaejoong could only watch him walking away. Tears streamed down his face as he closed the door and broke down.

 

 

“Why?....Why?...Yunho, why?...Don’t…leave…me…….I’m…scared…”

 

 

Jaejoong was lost. He tried to stop the tears from falling, but they just didn’t. Only a few days with Yunho in his life messed everything inside him up. He didn’t understand why he felt like this. He knew this feeling, but it just couldn’t be.

 

“…this can’t…be....”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“YAH!!!!”

Yunho pulled his hair and threw his coat his bed as he let himself fall on a chair.

 

“…What did I do…?”

 

He buried his face in the palm of his hands.

The heartbreaking face of Jaejoong showed up in front of his eyes again. He pushed him on the edge to get what he wanted and hurt him. Why was he so stubborn? He knew Jaejoong only for a few days, who was he that he had the right to find out everything about him? Of course he was careful with trusting people, now that the others turned their back on him. How could he expect Jaejoong to open up for him?

 

“Why am I like this….?”

 

 

>>How you tell me I’m so fragile…and how you care for me right now makes me just feel…Ahahahahaha<<

 

He really was overprotective with him. But why…?

 

>>Keep concentrating on the flowers or do you think my face is what you’re looking for?!<<

 

And his heart was racing whenever he looked at him. Just why…?

 

>>...Don't forget the flowers...<<

He even bought flowers for him! Why did he do that actually...?

 

 

 

“Is this….?”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Another chapter for you~ Such a chaos of feelings! v.v Hope, it's not too messed up, I had lack of focus today, don't feel so good :( I'll try my best with next chapter again, Autor-sshi hwaiting~~~