Take it as given

A lonely Demon's Lovestory

Yunho couldn’t move. His eyes widened and his mouth opened at the scene just like the other students’. Mr. Choi hurried to help. “What happened here?” he yelled at Daehyun and Taeyang in anger and worry, but they were too paralyzed to answer. “The…boiling water…hit his temperature limit…” Jaejoong said panting painfully, “It would have…burned Yunho’s face…so I…wanted to help” “Only water? Or also chemicals?” Mr. Choi asked serious. “Only water…I checked it myself…” Mr. Choi nodded gladly. “YUNHO!” he yelled at the student lying on the ground. The latter woke up from his paralysis in no time. “Y-yes, sir?” “Stand up and bring your lifesaver to the infirmary, so he can get a fast treatment on his wounds!” Yunho didn’t hesitate and went with the hurt boy downstairs as fast as possible.

 

But there was no teacher in the infirmary. “Damn it!” Yunho lose his temper as he placed Jaejoong on a bed. “Stay here, I’m going to look for something to help you.” He wanted to go, but turned around one more time “Promise me, you don’t walk away this time!” Jaejoong looked at him wide eyed, but chuckled weakly “Do I look like I’m in the condition to walk away?” Assured by the younger one’s words, he hurried to get something that would help him. Jaejoong looked down on his burned arm. What rode him that he did that? It wouldn’t have been his fault, nor his problem, if Yunho’s face got damaged by the water. His heart was racing and a warmth, different from the burning water, more like the one of a fireplace in winter spread through his body. He knew the feeling. And he knew he shouldn’t feel that way.

 

When Yunho returned with some cold water and a towel, bandages and some ointment in a short time, he laid the treatments on the table next to the bed and sat down in front of Jaejoong. “Turn off your shirt.” Yunho said while dipping the towel into the icy water. The latter hesitated a bit, knowing it would be painful to do it himself, but decided to stand the pain instead of asking Yunho to help him. He moaned heart breaking when his burned skin finally released his shirt. Yunho gasped at the big wound on his arm for a moment. It was really big and his skin was bleeding. Then, he didn’t wait any longer to cool the bad, but Jaejoong moved away every time he wanted to put the towel on his injuries. “Come on, Jae. It won’t hurt, I promise. I will try to be smooth, so give me your-“ “Give me the towel, I can do it by myself.” There goes the cold Jaejoong again. “Are you kidding me? How are you supposed to do it by yourself? Look at yourself, you’re very weak. Take a rest now, I care for you.” “No, I don’t want you to touch me, give me the towel, Jung.” “Jung?! …Do you really think I’m going to do something ert in such a serious situation like this? With a boy? Definitely not. So, give me your arm.” “No,” Jaejoong protested, “it’s a waste of your time to do that for someone like me. Let me do it myself and go back to Daehyun and Taeyang. You’ve been into your talk very much, so I guess it’s better to spend time with-“ “DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU’RE SAYING?!...I don’t want to argue anymore. I’m sorry for what I said, Jaejoong. Do you hear this? I’m sorry. Really really sorry. From the bottom of my heart. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I really didn’t. And I don’t want you to hate me. I want to get along with you well. But whatever I try, it just gets worse between us. Please forgive that stupid me. I beg you with all I have.” Yunho looked at Jaejoong with sad eyes, pouting. The moment Jaejoong’s eyes met Yunho’s, something broke inside him. It was like time stopped and all his doubts and frights burned away. A pleasure feeling surrounded his heart. Jaejoong never heard someone say sorry for what they did or said to him. None ever looked at him with such guilt and pity in his eyes.

 

Jaejoong just nodded and let Yunho cool his arm. There were no words that would come out of his mouth, he was too paralyzed. The whole time he looked at the ground to hide his blush. And slowly the ice inside his heart started melting…

 

“And…done!” Yunho made a knot with the ends of the bandage and cut the useless cloth off. Just when he stood up and took everything he used and wanted to bring it back to the place he got it from, he felt someone grabbing his shirt. It was Jaejoong. He avoided to look at him, his cheeks were red. “Uhmm...th-thank you…Yunho.” The older one smiled and the shy boy’s back. “You don’t have to thank me…Don’t run away, I’ll be right back, okay?” Jaejoong watched Yunho’s back as he walked away. As soon as he was out of his sight, realization hit him.

 

“What am I thinking…? I must stop it immediately…I can’t do this…”

 

“Jaejoong, I didn’t thank you for saving me ye-“ Yunho, who put everything back in order, went back to the bed where he left the raven haired beauty to see it was all empty. “He left…again…” The tall boy frowned in disappointment. He sighed and left the room too.

 

“After all, he still hates me, I guess”, he chuckled bitterly, “Stupid me…”

 

 

“Hey, Yunho~” The latter turned around. It was none else but Jihyo and her friends. “Come here, Mr. Choi finished lesson earlier. We also got your bag~” Knowing he had no other choice, Yunho put himself together and followed the girls outside.

 

“Daehyun feels really guilty, you know.” She said “He didn’t want you to get hurt.” “…I’m not hurt…maybe got one or two bruises from the fall. The one to worry about is Jaejo-“ “Anyways, he wants to invite you to the basketball-team party to pay off his guilt. It’s a great honor, you know? It’s totally VIP and you might even get connections to the captain. Isn’t that great?” Her eyes sparkled in excitement, but Yunho wasn’t excited at all. “Heeey, don’t you dare to look like that again! What do you care about that looser?! Don’t forget he didn’t say sorry for what he did yesterday! He has no manner at all, in my opinion. It’s your chance to get to know the right people, Yunho! Don’t waste it on this ugly-“ Yunho took hold of her shoulders and faced her. “THIS UGLY saved my life…Imagine what would have happened if he wasn’t there! Why is it you still talk bad about him?” But instead of giving him a proper answer, she just smiled at him, grabbed his hands and put them off. Then, she sighed and looked more serious at him. “It’s your choice, Yunho. Daehyun will come to you and talk about it again anyways. Just let me tell you one thing…

 

It’s better to take things as given. Or does it seem to be a good idea to walk alone in an abandoned forest when there’s a beast out there waiting for a curious fool for dinner?”

 

She gave her friends a sign and left. One last time, she turned around and smiled at him sugar-coated. “Ah, and, if there’s anything you need, just call me. I wrote my number on a pink paper and put it into your pencil case~”

Yunho stood there, left behind, for a while. His mind was blank. What should he do? Daehyun and the other guys from the basketball team were really nice, but he would feel even worse taking this invitation when it’s Jaejoong who should be thanked. Plus, having those students around him doesn’t help to solve the situation between Jaejoong and him since they seem to like the idea of seeing him death. But why? What happened that they all started to treat him like this? And why does nobody tell him a word? “Take things as given.”, Yunho said to himself. “Only fools take things as given. I won’t stop until I know the truth.”

 

Then he decided to go home like the others did.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OH MY GOD SUN!!!! Did you see what JaeJae responded to Yunho? I'm totally freaking out about it <3 If this doesn't show YunJae and a chance of reunison still exists, then I don't know anymore!!! *can't stop smiling and squealing*

Thank you for all the support and comments <3 I'm glad to see my first attempt didn't came out that bad...up to now o.o I hope I can keep you satisfied, I'll do my best :) Thank you very much *bows down*