Chapter 07

Stalker

 

07

      What was left of the comeback's preparations passed in a blur, and when Minwoo found himself on stage, ready to perform for M!Countdown; he was not sure how he had ended here nor when. His mind was so preoccupied over the past two weeks that he could not even remember much of his time passed in the dance studio and on photoshoot.

It was all so distant compared to this horrible issue he had to deal and live with.

Fortunately, Eric was there for him; but the man's presence was not that helpful when Minwoo could not even tell him what was wrong. Not that he did not want, but he could not. His stalker had made his point clear, and there was no way the main dancer would try the man ever again.

If only he had thought about the consequences of going to the police station, he would never have go. He did not want to report it to begin with anyway; and he could only feel sick in his stomach at the thought of what had happened because of him.

Minwoo knew Eric could see he was not alright, but he was glad the man did not pry into his business. It was hard enough when he could not talk about what was tormenting him, but if, to top it all, his friend was harassing him about it, the main dancer was not sure he would have been able to endure it.

      "Alright, you're all good." The director's voice announced the end of the recording, and with smiles on their lips, they waved to the fans before heading off the stage.

The Shinhwa members congratulated themselves once in their dressing-room, and the idol groups who came to do the same and greet them were all welcomed Shinhwa's style.

Hyesung could not help notice Minwoo was a bit setback than them, which was unusual for the main dancer.

The group's lively interactions were quick to distract him though, and soon he forgot about his little concern.

 

      After going to the bathroom, Minwoo was on his way back to the dressing room. His head was still filled by too many worries; his stalker's doings an issue he had absolutely no idea how to make it stop. It was so unnerving and maddening to be trapped like this with no way out.

It was not like he had not tried; but there was always consequences he could not ignore anymore. Not after what had happened because of him.

Feeling a shiver cross his body, he needed to close his eyes a second to keep under control his emotions.

He blocked out every kind of images assaulting his mind and felt his heartbeat slow down, which allowed him to calm down slightly. He listened to the quietness around him and focused on his regular breath to regain control over his emotions.

Losing it now would not do it; not when there was so many people around.

      Turning at a corner, he was not expecting the sudden attack and found himself pinned against a wall out of anyone's sight.

The impact with whatever had crashed into him almost knocked the air out of him and let him disoriented for a spreading second. He was scared, angry, confused and overly annoyed; but he needed a second lasting too long to react.

"Shut up ! Shut up !" Repeated a low voice close to his ear as something sharp pressed against his throat and told him he better obey.

Minwoo swallowed thickly and felt his body tremble against the wall. He had no real idea what could be going on, nor how something like that could happen in such place; but the heavy weight pressing against him was enough distraction to make him forget about such interrogations.

"Hands on the wall !" He heard the authoritative voice whisper at his ear from behind, and stiffening; the main dancer did as told. "Eyes ahead !" Was the following sharp order at his attempt to get a glimpse of whoever was in his back.

Grunting at the pain the hand pushing his head forward made him feel, he fought only for a second the pressure on his skull before obeying to the man. It was of no use to fight when he was so shocked and confused with a blade threatening his life.

Feeling the weapon lower a bit, he thought it could be his chance; but he was shoved back against the wall mercilessly.

"You feel this ?" He heard the growl then felt the sharp item pressing at his side.

Minwoo bit his lip, closed his eyes and prayed someone would show up and save him. He hated such thoughts, but he had to be real and admit he needed help; as unnerving as it could be. Unable to call out for help at the risk of being stabbed, he could only pray and wish for anybody to walk on the situation.

He did not even need to think about who was doing this, his mind already screaming at him it was this damn stalker of his who had finally decided to put to an end all this madness. Minwoo felt relieved in a way such horror would finally stop, but the perspective of dying was not something he was fond of.

Therefore, he felt terrified out of his mind and suddenly wanted to puke.

"What are you gonna do ?" He croaked out with his palms and forehead pushing against the wall.

The only answer the main dancer got was a low, breathy familiar chuckle that sent shivers up his spine and made him tense furiously.

"I thought it was time for a real introduction." Said his stalker too close to him. "You were pretty good on stage earlier apparently you don't mind much my little present for you."

Minwoo felt like throwing up at the reminding of this video he had saw on this website.

"I've another one for you, just in case, you know."

The main dancer had a hard time to swallow at the implication the words had. "Why are you doing this ?" He managed out, without really expecting an answer.

He just wanted to buy time to let someone find them and prevent his stalker to hurt him; if not worse.

"How come ? You're not enjoying the game ?"

"It's no in'" He did not have time to finish that he was shoved back against the wall and almost chocked by the arm pressing against his neck.

"Don't give me a reason to hurt you." Hissed the man at his ear, and Minwoo could feel real anger emanate from his assailant. "I'm having fun playing with you, so don't spoil it."

The main dancer heard a hint of what sounded like regret in the man's voice; which made anger boil in his stomach. Because this bastard genuinely wanted to continue this madness he was forcing him into.

Stiffening, Minwoo heard his breath come out short and loud; which was a sign of his increasing fear and anxiousness. The man in his back was making him feel scared out of his mind, the knife in his hand something he did not want used against him.

"Don't you think you should go home ? It feels empty without you."

Minwoo felt horror attack him at the unsaid threat, the horrible images immediately filling his mind now he knew how far his stalker could go.

"Enjoy your promotion." The words were taunting in the main dancer's ears, but he did not have real time to hate the man for it that the weight on him disappeared.

Confused, Minwoo was not sure if he could move or not; and waiting another moment, he decided he maybe could try a peak over his shoulder.

He felt horrified and overly relieved when he found no one behind him; this feeling of insanity assaulting him strongly. This man's doings were getting on him too much and messing with his head completely.

Minwoo was never scared of many things before, but now the only thought of being alone somewhere was terrifying him out of his mind. He did not know either what he could do or not, what he could say or not. He was always afraid to say the wrong thing to his friends and get the situation out of hand.

Because, what would happen if one of his friend was hearing about his situation ? What would this man do ? Would he hurt them ? Kill them ? Minwoo was not sure, but he knew nothing good would happen if he was ever talking to someone.

      Now he was out of danger, all the tension vanished from his body and left him a trembling mess almost unable to stand on his weak legs. Minwoo wanted to do only one thing, and it was to crash on the floor to hug his knees close to him and rock himself as comfort.

He just leaned against the wall instead with trembling hands and legs he could barely feel at the right moment. He was still shocked by the encounter and, now he was alone and unharmed in this corner the man had pushed him into, he could not really believe it had happened.

How something like that could happen in such place ? It was supposed to be safe here. There was so many people around the place, so many friends and acquaintances. But he had been frighteningly alone when this man had attacked.

The painful realization absolutely nowhere was safe anymore felt awfully sickening; and the only thought of going anywhere nobody would be was something he definitely would avoid from now on.

"Hey Minwoo, what are you doing ?"

Looking up at the familiar voice calling out for him, the main dancer stared for a second at Junjin standing there in the corridor with a concerned look on his face. The younger man seemed confused, and the last thing Minwoo wanted was for the man to start asking questions.

Hence, he pushed himself off the wall, managed to walk on shaky legs and smiled when at Junjin's level.

"Hey. Sorry, I wasn't feeling alright for a second."

"You okay ?" Asked the taller man after eyeing the main dancer.

"Yeah, all good. Let's go." He smiled back, patted Junjin's back and started stepping towards the dressing room.

"We were worried about you. You've been gone for quite a while and Dongwan even thought you'd fallen in."

Rolling his eyes, Minwoo grinned and looked up at his friend. "It's always nice to have concerned friends." He said as a joke.

Smiling, Junjin looked him over once again before asking. "You're sure you alright ? You looks pale."

Minwoo felt a lump in his throat and swallowed it before forcing a smile on his lips. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just ate something bad, nothing more."

Junjin seemed to believe him and nodded before entering the dressing room followed by Minwoo who took a shaky breath in an attempt to calm down.

He was still shaking, and he definitely could not let the others notice this.

Acting was a big part of his idol life, therefore he was all smiley when he joined the others in the room and started gathering his stuffs for their near departure.

 

***

 

      Over the weeks, promotion, interviews, TV and radio appearances were the main schedules the Shinhwa members had. Minwoo did not have real time to think about his stalker at such time, but when he was going back home he was always so anxious and worried.

The first time he had stepped back in his apartment after the attack at M!Countdown had felt like a torture in itself. He was so scared to be alone at his place and at the mercy of this bastard doing as wanted with him.

It was like the guy had no limit nor restrain and could actually do whatever he wanted, when he wanted and where he wanted.

It was terrifying to have no safe place, and Minwoo's nerves were pretty much wrecked after so many stressful days.

The first couple nights he was back in his apartment, Minwoo did not sleep an ounce and just kept watching his bedroom door with a golf club laying beside him on the bed. He had listened to every noises coming to his ears and been startled too many times for his liking.

But nothing had happened; and the only result he had was to be exhausted the next mornings.

It lasted for a couple days then he just collapsed on his couch and fell asleep with his clothes on. It was just not possible to have such hectic schedules with only a few minutes of sleep grabbed here and there in the car or waiting rooms.

Minwoo could go with few sleep, but not for so many days; and in the end he was out for twelve hours straight and late at the photoshoot where the others were waiting for him. His manager would have wake him up and drive him there if he had been working, but he had a personal issue and Minwoo had claimed he could manage on his own.

What a fail it had been, and now the managers and other members were always checking on him to be sure he would be there on time while Young Hee, Minwoo's manager was gone.

It was annoying, but in the end it felt good to have people caring about him.

 

***

 

      The promotion coming to an end, the Shinhwa members, dancers, managers and some staffs went out to celebrate as deserved. Almost everyone ended up drunk, excepted for the unlucky ones choose to be the drivers.

"I hope you enjoyed yourself."

The familiar but frightening voice coming to Minwoo's ears made him jolt awake and try to sit up on the couch he was sleeping on. However, he was pinned down by a hand pushing his head down and a knee pressing on his lower back.

Yelping in pain, he tried to struggle, but his assailant growled at him to stay still and keep his eyes shut; which he did.

Panting on the couch, he waited for whatever his stalker would do; the knee in his lower back hurting like a and making him pray the man would move away soon.

Nothing happened for some long seconds though, and a minute passed like this while Minwoo did not dare move or open his eyes. He tried to slightly push himself up in an attempt to get some more air in his lungs and appease the pain in his back; but the guy kept him down mercilessly, the knee even pressing harder on him as retaliation for his attempt.

Groaning in pain, he stilled on the couch and tensed in apprehension; but nothing happened.

"What do you want ?" He eventually snapped, pushing himself up brusquely and managing a glimpse at the covered face of his assailant.

Crying out in pain, he fell back on the couch with a now throbbing side.

This man was freaking strong and had a pretty good punch; which was far from reassuring in his situation.

"I just wanted to say hi. And check on you, just to be sure you were doing alright."

Minwoo hated the taunt in the man's voice, and out of instinct he glared up at his assailant; but he was smacked so hard in the head that his ear whizzed for an annoying moment.

"Don't look at me !"

Gritting his teeth, the main dancer squeezed his eyes shut and tried to ignore the forming headache; but with a hangover it was a waste of time and energy. Minwoo realized it after a long moment though.

"I've a little present for you."

The man was suddenly weighting on the main dancer so much that he could barely breathe. His first reflex was to shot his eyes open and look up at the man on him; but the hand on his head blocked his line of sight and let him see only the couch and coffee table in front of him.

"You know what it is ?"

Seeing the syringe close to his eyes, Minwoo panicked and began to struggle; but the man was heavy and had the upper hand in the position. Therefore, the main dancer could not do much excepted elbow his assailant too weakly to actually hurt him.

"Dont' !" He growled, his attempt to push himself up being of no use. "No !" He yelled when the syringe moved out of his sight. "Please !" He hated to beg, but it was instinctive and he could not let this guy drug him again.

Pushing on the main dancer's head, the man had no trouble keeping him down. It felt horribly maddening to be so powerless against someone, and the only result of Minwoo's struggles were to be exhausted pretty quickly.

"No! Please don't do this."

"Keep it down !" Ordered back his stalker, and fearing the consequences, Minwoo shut up.

Breathing heavily pinned on the couch, the main dancer could not do anything and just let happen the inevitable. He was terrified of the drug in this syringe, and the only thought of being drugged again terrorized the life out of him.

What would happen this time ? Would he wake up where he was ? What would this man do to him ? Would he hurt him ? Kill him ?

Minwoo had no answer to such questions and could only feel scared out of his mind when the needle pierced the skin of his neck and injected whatever could be inside the syringe.

He wanted to fight it and stop it, but he could barely move.



Don't kill me !

I promise next chapter would not have such cliffie ^^

and I hope the story doesn't feel redundant.

A new step would be make in next chapter, and I hope you'll like it.

 

So, how was it ? Did you like it ?

It's been only four days, but I feel like I have not update in ages, xD.

 

Anyway, as always thank you to everyone for reading, commenting and all =)

Don't hesitate to subscribe too =D

(Even if there's not much Shinhwa fanfics update on AFF so it's quite easy to follow the progression.)

 

Well, to next time people ^^