Chapter 04

Stalker

 

04

      Turning off the music in a sharp, annoyed movement, Minwoo could not help sigh and let his head fall in his hands.

He was not one to lose his cool easily, and was more of a lay back guy than anything else; but if there was one thing he hated more than anything else it was to be unable to focus on his music. He was in the recording studio for hours now, but he was still at the same point and even doing a mess with the melody he wanted to improve.

It annoyed him so much that he cursed between his teeth, stood up sharply and threw away his jacket that fell on the couch behind him.

Too into his own little world, he spotted Eric only when the taller man cleared his throat and asked him if everything was alright.

"Fine." He muttered before heading out of the room in boiling anger.

The leader watched the main dancer leave without further word, which made him wonder what could be wrong with the shorter man to behave like that. Minwoo was not one to react like this, even when he was stuck on a song; so Eric was sincerely concerned about his friend.

Deciding to let some space and peace of mind to the co-CEO, he just sat on his chair and started working again, a cup of coffee never far from his hand.

 

      Minwoo was not even hungry or thirsty, but here he was, eating junk in his car in hope to clear his mind and cool down. He hated himself so much for being so sensitive when it was not in his habit. He knew why he was being like this, and it angered him only more.

Biting in his hamburger, he chewed on the food in irritation before sipping on his drink he swallowed in still boiling anger.

He had hoped going out of the company and eat something would calm him down, but he had a hard time relax and forget about what was tormenting him since this morning.

He was so confused and annoyed by these dreams he was not even sure were really dreams. It had felt too real to be dreams, but he could not find other explanation when waking up in his bed with nothing to back up his suspicion. There was no trace of anyone's else presence in his apartment and he knew everyone would think he was crazy if he was telling them about this man in his house.

He did not know himself anymore if last night's events were real or not, but the fear, the chase, the pain and the man had felt and were still feeling strongly real to him. So he did not know anymore and did not know what to do either.

He could not go to the police and make a fool out of himself, but he had to do something; because this nightmare could not last forever. He needed to sleep and be safe; but he was now scared to even go home.

Hence, he spent the all night at the recording studio to work on his music. It was nothing new for him to stay all day and night long at the studio, so nobody questioned it. He was glad no one wondered why he was not going home; and feeling better after everyone was gone, he was eventually able to come up with something for the song he was working on.

 

      Minwoo avoided going home for the couple days following, and when he started smelling he invited himself at one of the member's apartment to take a shower and clean clothes. He did not really care much at this point about his fashion, but he was glad Andy had acceptable clothes for him.

"Why aren't you going home ?" Questioned the younger man on their way back to the company.

"You're living closer. I've too much to do to waste time going back at my place." He answered simply before leaning in the seat.

Looking at him, Andy did not add anything and just started the car before driving away.

Minwoo could not help send a worried glance at the younger man, wondering if he had noticed anything or if his lie was believable enough. Reassured his friend did not have any kind of reaction, he smiled softly and got comfortable in the seat.

 

      It lasted for almost two weeks, when Dongwan got curious and asked Minwoo about the why he was not going back to his apartment anymore and just going from the members' places over and over again.

"You live closer to the company than me !" Shot back Dongwan to the excuse he had used each time he was asked the same question.

"Which is why I don't go to your place anymore." He managed to answer without panicking, even if inside his head it became wild. "It was a pain in the to come back here, I should just go home."

"As if I asked you to come to my place to begin with. You should've just go back to yours." Snapped back Dongwan who apparently did not appreciate much the reproach in Minwoo's voice about his building' localization.

"Okay, okay. I was just joking." He answered quickly, not wanting to upset his friend who could be really annoying when mad.

Glaring at the main dancer, Dongwan decided to just drop it to resume his previous questioning about Minwoo's reasons to avoid his own house.

"Why the hell do you care so much about it ? I already told you I won't come to your place anymore, so just forget it !" Minwoo hoped his friend would drop the subject now and just let him work peacefully on their album.

He was doing pretty good so far, thanks to the many hours he was spending at the studio, but he rather work more on the album than give answers to Dongwan. The other man did not need to know about the why he was avoiding his house.

"Because you think I'm worried about you coming to my place ? You're just being weird Minwoo"

The main dancer could hear the concern in his friend's voice, which made him feel guilty for a moment. None of the Shinhwa members liked to get emotional with each other so he just scoffed back before smirking at his friend.

"What do we have here ? Kim Dongwan worrying about his dear Minwoo. Aren't you being too sentimental here, Wannie ?" He teased before turning back to his computer.

Feeling embarrassed, Dongwan tsked in annoyance before standing up. "You're such an sometimes."

Minwoo smirked at this and watched from the corner of his eyes as his friend made his way outside.

"But fine, next time I'll just let you rot in a corner." He slammed the door after him and disappeared from the recording studio, leaving inside a smirking and amused Minwoo.

The main dancer knew the other singer was far from serious and just vexed, and it was nothing Kim Dongwan would not get over. Minwoo had no doubt tomorrow his friend would already have forgotten about the little conversation.

Their friendship would not have lasted so long if they were so sensitive about every little comments they could make to each other; so Minwoo had no worry about his relationship with Dongwan.

      After working for almost the all night on the album, Minwoo crashed on the couch in the studio and was out in a second; completely exhausted after so many days of sleepless nights and uncomfortable hours spent on the couch for an excuse of rest.

His back was hurting for a couple of days now, and he knew he would have to get a real night of sleep in a real bed soon if he wanted to be efficient for the dance practice that would soon be a big part of his days. Working on the songs would not last forever, and Eric had already told him it was pretty good in his opinion; but if Minwoo needed to work on it some more there was no problem.

Minwoo was glad the leader was not on his back all the time and liked even more when he was being there for him when he needed his helpful advises. Working alone on an album was not something easy and he loved to be surrounded with the right people.

The result was always greater.

      "You can't hide forever." Hearing the voice so near to him, Minwoo jolted awake and gasped in fear, his attempt to hit whoever was here a futile one when nobody was at his side.

Looking around, he could not believe he had just dreamt about this voice. It felt too real and hell, he was not that crazy to have such dream. But it was feeling more and more like it.

Looking over at the door, he noticed it was open, and jumping off the couch, he ran out of the studio and looked in the hallway. It was empty, and feeling his heart beat madly in his ribcage, he broke in a run through the corridors in search of whoever was in the studio earlier.

He could not believe he had imagined it, and he was sure there was someone. The door had not opened on its own, and ; there was someone in the recording studio.

"What the 's going on ?" Hyesung's surprised and annoyed voice snapped Minwoo out of his trance and made him realize he had just ran passed the main singer like a madman in chase. "Minwoo ? Are you okay ?" He worried then, noticing it was the main dancer running around like crazy. "What's going on ?"

"II" He panted, words something he could not find in such situation.

He could not believe what stupid reaction he had, and felt like a perfect idiot for running like that in the corridors. He did not want the others to know or worry about him and his situation; but here he was, giving them reasons to ask questions and be concerned about him.

What an idiot he could be sometimes.

"I'm" Having no explanation, he dropped his shoulders and said. "Sorry, I was"

Looking around, he did not know what to say to an already worried Hyesung staring at him as if a second head had grown on his shoulders. Minwoo knew the main singer had every rights to be confused and ask questions, but he had no intention to indulge them.

"The you were doing ? Something happened ?"

"I I thought there was someone."

Hyesung narrowed his eyes at him and asked. "Someone ?"

"Yeah, you know." Minwoo knew how stupid it sounded and his friend was for sure not believing him; but it was the truth in a way. "Like, someone." Looking up at the taller man, he sighed and said. "I thought there was a girl in the studio. I was sleeping and"

The main singer did not finish when he saw the knowing grin on Hyesung's face; and realizing what his words could mean, he face palmed mentally before rolling his eyes.

"I don't mean it like that." He said in exasperation, even if inside he was glad the main singer was forgetting about his little crazy race through the corridors. "The 's wrong with you ?" He snapped with a playful grin and punch of the other's arm. "She was just a kid."

"Oh, come on Minwoo. Don't tell me you've never looked at the pretty ones. When they've all this make up and y lines, don't tell me you didn't look at them."

"They're barely seventeen, sometimes younger." He shot back, hoping Hyesung would stop being creepy.

"Okay, maybe not the youngest ones; but some really looks great. I mean the older ones, but not the legal ones, I mean"

Glancing up at the taller man, Minwoo wondered if his friend had lost it or was just being stupid. "Just shut up !" He snapped back tiredly, already too exhausted to worry about Hyesung's weird interests.

Everyone knew he was the erted one, but the main dancer hoped his friend was not a creep either. It would not be good for Shinhwa.

"You didn't get what I meant !" Ran after him the main singer when Minwoo picked up his pace and entered the recording studio where Hyesung appeared soon after.

"Just drop it, okay ?" He answered with a small smile, the tired look on his face one Hyesung did not miss.

"You didn't go home again, did you ?" He stated, and Minwoo ignored him to focus on the control panel in front of him. "Minwoo !"

"Hum ?" He hummed back as if he had not heard him.

Hyesung sighed and said. "Don't overwork yourself, okay ?" Minwoo looked up at the taller man who added. "We needs you alive."

The two shared a smile before the main singer took a seat beside Minwoo and started looking through a few sheets of music the co-CEO wanted to fix a bit. He did not know yet what the main dancer had in mind for the songs, but he was ready to help as much as possible.

 

      Finding himself once again in the recording studio late at night, Minwoo suddenly realized how alone he was; and he freaked.

His breath sped up, his heartbeat went wild and sweat formed on his skin. He knew he should not react like this, but the late events were hard to forget, and even less this fear there was someone lurking around him to hurt him. He had no proof this person was real, but he was feeling it deep down in his guts.

Even if he wanted to believe it was a dream; there was just a part of him that could not.

Gathering his stuffs, he grabbed his jacket and scrolled through his phone contacts. He was not sure if he was supposed to call a Shinhwa member or someone else. He did not want to concern the others, but he knew his other friends would wonder too why he was suddenly asking to stay over. Mostly when he had no real excuse to be asking for their hospitability.

They all knew if Minwoo had a problem or needed a place to stay for the night he would go to one of the Shinhwa members first, then his friends if none of them were at home or in town. Hence, in full preparation of Shinhwa comeback, it would be mostly unlikely for all of the members to be unable to shelter the main dancer for one night.

Settling on a person to call, he pressed the icon and brought the phone to his ear on his way through the quiet and empty corridors.

He tried to not think about how crept out he felt, but his pace sped up subconsciously. On the other side of the phone, the wanted person answered and helped him relax immediately.

"Hey Eric." He smiled, pressing the elevator's button. "You don't mind if I stay over for the night ? I'm dead and I don't want to go home."

There was a pause, then the leader said. "Yeah, of course. Just get your over here. I cooked some pastas." Minwoo smiled at the playful tone in his friend's voice.

"I'll be there real soon then. You used tomato sauce ? You know I love it."

"Yeah, just as you like. There's even cheese."

"Were you waiting for me ?" He grinned back as the elevator's doors opened.

Eric laughed and said. "You wish. You're not my girlfriend."

"Thanks god !" He answered.

"Yah ! You little brat"

Minwoo chuckled and said. "I'll be there in fifteen." Before hanging up on a certainly annoyed Eric.

Chuckling for himself, he felt the elevator start its decent, the quietness around him making him even more sleepy than he already was. Yawning, his jaw cracked and hurt a bit; and massaging it, he looked up when the elevator opened.

Making his way through the parking lot to his parked car, he unlocked it and got inside before putting the key in the ignition. Dropping his phone on the passenger seat, he put his seatbelt on and was ready to start the car when an arm wrapped around his neck.

"What the" He gasped, a scream already forming in his throat.

He was unable to utter any more sound though that the arm tightened around his throat and a hand pressed over his mouth in an almost suffocating manner.

Struggling, he started to kick and tried to grab the man on the backseat, but his messy movements were restrained by the seatbelt and grip on him; leaving him powerless against his assailant.

Closing his eyes on soaring fear and forming tears, he did not have time to work his brain that a strong sweet smell filled his nostrils and mouth.

His extremities turned numbed, his hearing and vision failed him, making him sick in his stomach.

He wanted to cry at the thought this nightmare was happening again and he could not do anything about it; the terror always as strong as the first time.

Screaming in rage, helplessness and fear behind the cloth; it was the last thing Minwoo did before losing consciousness.



Here's another chapter after so much wonderful comments from you ^^

I love reading what you've to say about the story and I'm so glad you're feeling it like this.

I'm leaving you with another cliffhanger, and I'm not even sorry XD

 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

And as always, thank you for everything ^^

You gives me so much motivation and inspiration

-I'm doing great with the story thanks to you, and for now I'm satisfied by what I wrote. And I hope you'll like it too =)-

 

To next time !