Chapter 14

Stalker

 

14

      Groaning, Eric slowly pushed himself up and rubbed his neck with a hand. He did not know where he was nor what had happened, excepted he was a bit sore, but nothing much.

Opening his eyes, he quickly recognized the living room he was in; and the couch he was laying on.

How he had ended up here ? He could not remember, and even less what he was doing in Minwoo's apartment to begin with.

What was he doing here ?

      by his memory, he suddenly saw clearly in his mind this box he had in hand, these letters he had read and this man attacking him from behind.

"What the hell ?" He breathed for himself in shock.

Was it some kind of dream ? He did not know, but it had felt frighteningly real.

Whipping his head around, he feared the person was still there; but the apartment was empty besides him.

Letting a relieved sigh pass his lips, he was quickly on alert when he remembered why he had came here in the first place. He hurriedly stood up and felt nauseous. Staying still for a moment, it was too long before he was not feeling anymore like puking his guts on the carpet.

He did not know why he was feeling so bad, and presumed he had maybe drank too much or something.

Pressing a hand on his neck, he suddenly remembered the cold sensation spreading under his skin.

What the hell was injected into him ? Was it related to his actual state ? Was it even real ?

He did not know but did not want to waste time on it either. He had more important matters at hand, and the police needed to see these letters he had found.

The letters !

Snapping his head around, he looked on the floor for the box, but found nothing.

Where the hell was it ? He had not dreamt about it for Christ sake. He was not crazy.

Looking everywhere in Minwoo's apartment, he was utterly confused and annoyed when he ended up empty hands.

Where the hell was this box ?

" !" He shouted, ruffling his hair in irritation and hitting thin air soon after.

Glaring up at the front door, he could not help a shiver from crossing his body at the memory of the attack. Was it real ? He seemed fine so, was it all a dream ?

He could not believe it.

 

      "Drop it Eric ! You won't report this to the police." Groaned back the head representative for the second time.

Eric was stubborn, but there was no way the man would let the rapper report something so ridiculous to the police. They were busy enough to waste their time on some drunkard's tale.

"Why the don't you believe me ?" He yelled back, hitting the table between them.

Whoever passing by the room the two men were in flinched at the loud voice but quickly walked away from the scene. They did not want to have anything to do with the leader's anger.

"I swear I was attacked last night. I was at Minwoo's place, and and someone appeared from nowhere and did who God knows what to me."

The head representative sighed then said. "You're drunk Eric. I can smell it all over you. You certainly dreamt about all this."

"I didn't !" He snapped back, kicking the table this time. "You think I'm crazy ?"

"Do you have any proof of your sayings ?" Shot back the man with his gaze in the leader's who was suddenly speechless. "Just go home Eric." He sighed, standing up and gathering some papers. "We've enough to do with Minwoo's case we don't have time for this."

"But" Eric was about to lose his temper once again, but the head representative patted his shoulder and smiled at him.

"I know you're worried about Minwoo. But don't worry, we'll find him. He can't be that far."

"But what about"

"I'll see you later, Eric." He ignored him and waved his hand before exiting the room.

"The ?" He shouted once alone, pain erupting up his tibia after hitting the table's leg with it.

 

***

 

      The room was so cold; he could not stop trembling, and the pain in his muscles was something he could not escape no matter what he tried.

Hitting the door and losing it had been of no help, and now his already injured leg was hurting like a . He had certainly worsened it or something when he had lost it and hit and screamed for someone to help him out of this room.

"What do you want ? What do you ing want with me ?"

The man behind the door did not answer him and just slid the plate of food through the little opening at the bottom of the door. It was the second time he was bringing him food, and at first Minwoo had been too scared to even touch it.

Now he just did not want to eat because he was not giving a flying about it and just wanted to get the hell out of here.

Minwoo glared at the plate on the humid floor and felt rage burn his insides. "Tell me what you want !" He screamed at the top of his lungs. "You can't keep me here forever."

The little opening closed sharply before the footsteps echoed away.

Minwoo felt like crying, and the sob ripping out of his throat hurt him more than he wanted. He could not believe something like that was happening to him; and enduring the withdrawal was a torture he could not handle anymore.

He was becoming crazy locked in this room, all alone for God knows how long.

"Why are you doing this to me ?" He sobbed against his knee, his arms covering his head and his nails scratching at his skull.

He was in so much pain. He would give anything to make it stop to make everything stop.

 

***

 

      "So what ? You're saying Minwoo was kidnapped or something ?" Hyesung sounded far from convinced by what Eric had just told him and the three others.

"Are you sure, Eric ?" Dongwan was the calmer and most reasoned one, and the leader was glad for this.

"Yes ! I swear I was attacked last night at Minwoo's apartment. I didn't even see it coming I swear guys, I'm not lying."

The look in Eric's eyes was desperate for someone to believe him, and Hyesung did not need more to soften.

"We believes you Eric. Don't worry."

The leader seemed so appeased to hear this and felt like he was not the only one anymore fighting for their missing friend. At least, Shinhwa was here for him. They would always be there, and this certitude was why he had decided to gather everyone to share what he knew.

Even if they all had different schedules; with Minwoo's disappearance they could take time to meet all together.

"What are we doing now ?" Asked Junjin, the look on his face letting the others know how anxious he actually was. "Should we call our managers ?"

"It's of no use." Sighed Eric. "I already talked to the head representative, and he didn't believe me."

"What ? Why ?" Shot back Hyesung, visibly shocked and annoyed.

"He said I'd just dreamt everything that I was drunk."

"Were you ?" Asked Andy solemnly.

Eric looked at the younger man, his gaze filled mostly by sincerity than anger at the question. He knew Andy was not doubting him and just wanted to know.

"I drank a bit before going to Minwoo's place. But I wasn't drunk. Not to the point of passing out on his couch and dream about something that weird." He was a bit defensive on the end, but Andy did not mind it and just nodded as understanding.

"What do you want to do now ? You said the letters were gone do you think this guy who attacked you took them with him ?" Asked Junjin.

"I guess so. Where else could they be ? It must have be Minwoo's stalker last night. He certainly didn't want anyone to see these letters."

"What do we do then ?" Asked Dongwan while leaning in the chair and crossing his arms on his strong chest.

Eric stared at the singer, pondering his answer; before saying "We're going to the police. They already know about this guy who attacked Minwoo in his car they won't ignore what I've to say."

"Minwoo was attacked in his car ? When ? Why ?" Snapped back a sudden alerted Dongwan.

Eric bit his lip and remembered the members were still not aware of this incident. He had hoped Minwoo would talk to them, but the dancer never did. Maybe because he did not want to worry them with it, or because he was just being stupidly proud.

The leader did not know for sure, but could only blame Minwoo for being so stupid on this one.

None of this would have happen if he had trusted them and talked to them. He would be there with them if they had known.

But what was done was done, and the only thing they could do for their missing friend now was to do everything possible in their power to find him.

With a sigh, Eric let his head fall against his chest before sharing everything he knew about the stalker Minwoo was harassed by for months.

Hyesung joined the conversation soon after to let the others know about this same person he had forced Minwoo to report to the police after receiving worrying packages.

And once everyone knew about the real situation, they decided to head to the police station; intending to make them finally move to find their friend.

 

***

 

      He was exhausted, but he could not sleep. He was too stressed and anxious to; and the withdrawal was not helping either.

He did not know for how long he was awake, and having no way to even know if it was day or night; his time perception was more than messed up. But it was not like he needed a watch to know he was exhausted. His sore body was laying uncomfortably on the hard floor, his injured leg only throbbing in pain now.

But it was the last of his worry.

What he wanted and needed was a shot, and nothing else.

How long this guy was planning to keep him here ? Why was he even doing this in the first place ?

Minwoo had thought so much about his stalker's motives, but none were making real sense when taking into account what he did so far. The man had never claimed or asked for anything either; just saying he wanted to play with him.

How ed up was this ? What kind of psycho was having fun with such game ?

For Minwoo, it was everything but a game, and if he had knew what to do to stop it he would have do it since a long time ago.

      Shaking violently, he tried to grit his teeth, but they were clattering too much to do so.

His mind filled by only one thought since the withdrawal had started suddenly drifted somewhere else. Somewhere he did not want it to go because it hurts too much.

Shinhwa and his family.

He did not want to think about them in such situation and state, and closing his eyes on tears; he tried to swallow the freaking sob trying to pass his lips.

Would he even see them ever again ? Would he even dare to face them after falling so low ?

What would they think of him ? Did they even know about his drug problem ? Were they hating him ? Were they ashamed of him ?

Did they even want him back ?

Maybe they did not even miss him.

Dying in this hole was maybe the best he had to do. It was not like anyone would miss him after becoming what he had became.

Minwoo rather die than face them anyway. He would not be able to handle their rejection and disdain. They were everything he ever had and was cherishing more than his own life he would not bear lose them.



So now everyone in Shinhwa knows about Minwoo. I hope you're happy =)

And Minbongie's suffering :'( I'm such a bad person... but I'm not even sorry xD

 

Thank you everyone for the support

To next time !