Chapter 12

Stalker

 

12

      It was a rather painful day for Minwoo. Not only he did not have anymore drug at home, but someone had just rang his doorbell. He wanted to ignore it; but Eric suddenly called out and told him he knew he was here.

The main dancer, even if tensed in fear, still tried to ignore his friend; but Eric was freaking persistent, which he should have know after so many years of friendship.

"I won't leave until you open this door and let me inside."

Minwoo cursed under his breath and damned his friend; because he was in no condition to be seen; not when the withdrawal was starting.

Eric would freak, and the last thing he wanted was for the older man to find out about what was going on.

"Minwoo !" The bangs at the door startled the main dancer each time; but he still refused to open it and just stared at the door from his position.

Silence spread then, and Minwoo hoped Eric had gave up. But it was not knowing the man.

"What the" Gasped the main dancer when his phone rang.

Fear soared inside him, then he was able to think rationally and presumed it could be Eric calling; instead of this damn stalker of his.

Checking the ID, he was proved right. But it did not mean he felt better.

He did not want to answer to his friend, and even less let him inside.

"Minwoo ! Open this ing door !" Shouted the leader when his call was ignored.

Minwoo felt burning tears in his eyes at the loud knocks on the front door. He was feeling trapped and helpless, exactly like when this man was attacking him. He hated these feelings, but he could not do anything against it.

Please, go away. The plea was painful in his mind, and the fact he could not even voice it hurt even more.

"Fine !" He heard Eric and had the hope he would finally leave. "I'll just wait for you to come out."

What the?

Minwoo could not believe it and could have shoot himself at the perspective his friend would not leave him other choice than show up sooner or later.

The main dancer panicked even more at the fact he ing needed to buy his fix.

What was he supposed to do if he could not go out without meeting with Eric when he desperately needed his drug ?

This time he could not restrain them and let the tears slide down on his cheeks. Because he was trapped once again and could not stop this painful hole in his chest from widening at the perspective of being seen in this state by someone he did not want to face.

"" He croaked out while crashing on the floor where he stayed to cry silently in his hands.

 

      Waking up from a dreamless sleep, Minwoo was immediately assaulted by the pain of withdrawal.

His hands were shaking madly, his skin was covered in cold sweat and his mouth was too freaking dry. His body was screaming for the drug but Minwoo could not do anything to satisfy it; because Eric was still there.

He did not even have to check to know that, because the older man was talking to him from the other side of the door from time to time.

"Minwoo !" He heard and felt like puking. "Why are you doing this ? I'm your friend, I'm just worried about you."

"Dont be" He croaked back lowly, so lowly that it was impossible for Eric to hear him. "I don't need you."

Leaning against the couch back, the main dancer sighed in exhaustion then closed his eyes and put his head against the surface behind him. He was so tired of everything.

      It seemed Minwoo waited forever for his friend to eventually give up. He was starting to lose hope and feel desperate when he heard something.

He was not sure what it was at first, but then he recognized the new voice as his neighbor's one. He could not hear per say what she was saying, but Eric answered her and did not seem that comfortable.

Minwoo decided to step closer to get a look, and when he realized the aging woman was actually scolding Eric for harassing him; he thought it was his chance.

He did not know he was able to move that fast until he had his shoes and jacket on; then his front door was opened and attracting attention. He did not let time to Eric or the woman to move or say anything that he hurried through the corridor and disappeared in the stairs.

He panicked a bit when he heard his friend run and call after him, the lady's voice following them and threatening to call the police. But both Shinhwa members ignored her and continued their mad race down the stairs.

Minwoo was always faster than Eric, even if he was shorter; and he prayed this time around would be the same. He could barely feel his gelatin like legs, and more than once he feared to lose his balance and crash face first down the stairs.

However, for the main dancer's greatest relieve he found himself in the parking lot; Eric still calling and running after him in his back. He was at good distance from the older man, and when he reached his car and locked the door once inside, Eric was racing towards him and slapping his hands on the car's hood.

Minwoo was startled for half a second, then he gritted his teeth, avoided looking at his friend and started the car.

Eric was taken aback, and afraid to be driven over, he moved away and let Minwoo go.

 

      He was driving too fast, and his hands were shaking too much; but it did not mean Minwoo slowed down. If not, he even sped up in hope to get his fix as soon as possible.

He was trembling from head to toe; either from the adrenaline or withdrawal, he did not know nor care. All he knew was that he needed to get his shot to make the pain go away.

Nothing else mattered, not even what had just happened with Eric. In fact, Minwoo had not even realized how crazy the situation had been, and only had in mind to get to his dealer to buy his drug.

" !" He shouted when he was forced to slow down because of some ing who did not know how to drive. "Move it you son of a !" He yelled in his car and hit the wheel. "." He cursed under his breath and decided to just sharply pass by the ing car annoying him.

He barely sent a glare at the vehicle on his right and sped up as soon as he had the way free.

Too into his own trance, he did not hear the honks, and even less saw his surroundings; hence, when a loud honk suddenly filled his ears it was too late.

The truck crashed violently with the right side of Minwoo's car and sent it spiraling on the road where another car hit the front of the vehicle, sending it in a pole where it eventually stopped.

Inside the car, Minwoo was unconscious with his head reposing against the driver's door and blood covering his face. The airbag was sandwiching him against the seat as smoke began to escape the car's hood.

Passersby and drivers came running around the crashed vehicle, panicked voices and conversations erupting from everywhere.

A police officer appearing not long after being the one calling 119.

When the ambulance arrived, they extracted Minwoo from the car and immediately took him to the ambulance in which he was driven full speed to the hospital.

***

      Having a celebrity as patient was never restful for the hospital staff. Between the representatives, the friends, the medias, the fans and every other people who were trying to get a look at the patient; it was never an easy situation to handle.

Minwoo's family had arrived just after the manager and Eric accompanied by his own manager. It was crowded in the waiting room, and when the doctor eventually showed up; everyone gathered around him.

"He suffers from a head trauma and several fractures. His right leg will need time to recover. He'll maybe need reeducation, but with time it'll be alright. He's just coming back from surgery. You can see him if you want, but one person at a time. And you can't stay for long."

"Will he be alright, doctor ?" Asked Minwoo's mother with a sob in her voice and Youngmi hugging her from aside.

The man stared at the main dancer's mother then said. "The accident didn't cause any irreversible damages, but" He looked at the people around him then at the man he recognized as Minwoo's manager. "The blood test results showed something we'll have to discuss when he'll wake up."

"What are you talking about doctor ? What's wrong with him ?" It was Youngmi who voiced what everyone was thinking.

"I can't tell you. You'll have to ask him later, but don't worry, it's nothing that bad."

"Really ?" Minwoo's sister was still tensed, but seemed to relax a bit.

"Yes." He glanced behind him when a voice called out for him. "Well, I've to go. He's in room 1204, but don't stay too long. Goodbye." He greeted while walking away.

Everyone watched him disappear before glancing at each other.

"Well, you should go first." Spoke Eric, and Minwoo's mother nodded with tears in her eyes.

She put a comforting hand on the leader's forearm and offered him a small smile before heading towards the room where her son was. Youngmi and her father followed beside her as managers, representatives and Eric stayed in the waiting room for a talk.

The leader had no answer to the questions asked, and when the representatives eventually started to leave; he could not be more relieved to finally be left alone.

***

      The next day, Minwoo was awake for twenty minutes or so and talking with his parents and sister when the doctor knocked at the door and entered.

"Hello Minwoo. How are you feeling today ?"

The main dancer could see something in the man's eyes when he asked this, but he decided to disregard it and just smile.

"Good, I guess."

"Well, I'll like to have a word with you. If you don't mind, of course." He added with a smile at the parents.

Youngmi had this suspicious frown on her face, but she did not say anything when her mother accepted the request and headed towards the door.

Minwoo met his sister's gaze when she glanced at him before leaving, and he could not help swallow thickly at the look in her eyes.

He did not know what could be going on in her head, but he knew she was somewhat aware of something. Which worried him.

"What's going on doctor ?" He asked once alone with the man.

Sighing, the doctor stepped closer to the bed and said. "We did a blood test when you arrived"

At this point, Minwoo panicked.

"I know it's not always an easy job you're doing, but turning to drugs won't be of any use." Minwoo listened to the man but lost himself in his overwhelming emotions. "We've people who can help you, and if it's okay with you I'll like to get you an appointment with them."

Silence was the only answer the man got, and narrowing his eyes at the injured man on the bed he was about to talk when Minwoo spoke.

"Did you tell them ?" The doctor was confused, so the main dancer added. "My family did you tell them ?"

"No, of course not. It's medical confidentiality, but if you gives me your agreement I'll"

"No !" He snapped back, looking up at the man with raw fear in his eyes. "You can't tell them."

"Minwoo"

"No ! It's okay. They don't need to know. I'll deal with it on my own."

"You should"

"Thank you doctor." He cut him off, not wanting to hear anything anymore.

Staring at the dancer, the man sighed and said. "Alright. But remember if this habit of yours' known" He trailed off with a concerned look on his face.

Minwoo glanced up at the doctor and stared for a second before answering. "I know. I'll like to rest now. I'm tired." He finished, turning around in the bed to give his back to the man.

"Fine." Sighed the doctor. "I'll go now. Do you want your family back or"

"I'll say goodbye."

"Ok."

Minwoo could feel the man's gaze on him, and he hated how it made him feel. Therefore, he was more than relieved when the doctor eventually left.

 

***

 

      Eric and Andy were on their way to the hospital to visit Minwoo.

The accident had happened two days ago and even with a full schedule the younger man of the group had managed to free himself. Eric was glad Andy was here with him, because he still had this image of Minwoo running away from him before the accident.

He was tormented by it ever since, and even if he desperately wanted answers, he did not want to rush the main dancer for now. Minwoo needed to rest and recover, and to do so he needed peace.

Hence, even if preoccupied deeply he decided to put it aside for the time being and just play it cool.

"Do you know what happened ?" Asked Andy when they entered the hospital.

"They're still investigating."

"Minwoo didn't tell them anything ?"

Eric looked at the younger man then said. "I don't think so. Apparently he don't remember much."

"Oh."

They arrived at the elevator then stepped inside once it was there. They were quiet the all way up, and when they arrived on the right floor they exited the cabin to head towards Minwoo's room.

"What's going on ?" Andy had a confused and worried frown on his face.

Eric could only stare silently at the scene happening in front of their friend's room, the fear something bad had happened assaulting him uncontrollably.

"What's going on ?" Asked the leader when he and Andy joined the doctor, nurses and Youngmi arguing lively .

"Minwoo disappeared." Answered Youngmi with raw fear and concern shining in her eyes.