Chapter 18

Stalker

 

18

      Recovery was a long and strenuous process. At first, Minwoo and everyone surrounding him had a hard time to endure the pain the dancer was in sometimes, or the mood switch and depression. But slowly, with the therapy and people there for him, Minwoo managed to get better.

Of course, the main dancer still needed time to fully recover psychologically, but nobody had a doubt he would succeed. Minwoo was doing his possible to get better.

He was going to his every appointments at the hospital and to the therapist. He was not keeping everything for himself anymore and was talking to his family when he was feeling down. Youngmi was the most concerned one; but it was understandable when knowing she was the one who, one night, had caught Minwoo at his lowest.

The dancer was not sure why he had suddenly felt so depressed and scared, but waking up in the middle of the night after a rather agreeable day with his family; panic had assaulted him and filled his mind with dark thoughts he had no control over.

He had felt like he should not stay at his parents house and should not be such a burden, the perspective of running away one he had considered deeply before hiding himself in the bathroom for a cold shower. It had not been enough, and in the end he could not control his emotions anymore and had ended up on the bathroom's floor to silently cry his despair.

Youngmi had found him like this, cowering at the sink's feet and crying in his crossed arms. She did not know what to do at first and had froze, but then Minwoo's wide eyes were on her and she did not need more to react.

The younger man had panicked even more and tried to escape his sister's presence, but his leg was still injured and he had no real energy left. Therefore, Youngmi had no trouble crouching at his side to hug him comfortingly. Minwoo hated the gesture and situation, but the safety of his older sister's arms were too much for him; and in the end he just leaned in the embrace to cry quietly.

No words were said, and once Minwoo's episode was over Youngmi just helped him back in bed and laid beside him until he was asleep. The dancer did not want to at first, but he had no strength to fight the comforting presence of his sister either and just accepted it.

Since then, Minwoo was as often as possible talking to his family when he was not feeling alright. Youngmi had told to their parents about what had happened in the bathroom; and hating the older woman for half a day, Minwoo could not deny she was right to do that and quickly forgave her.

He knew she was worried about him and just wanted the best for him.

Minwoo had understood, and talking as he was doing now felt amazingly comforting. It decreased his stress and helped him deal more easily with his emotions and episodes of depression and overwhelming panic attacks.

      Three months passed like this, and over this time Minwoo enjoyed the warmness of his parents house plainly until full physical recovery. His leg was still too weak for him to dance yet, but he could walk around and did not need to worry about it anymore despite the ache when he was straining it too much.

Hence, he started looking for a new place with Eric's help. The leader had been one of the most present after his disappearance; and even if uncomfortable about it at first, Minwoo had eventually accepted his friend's help.

"What about this one ? It looks good." Said the leader to a thoughtful Minwoo.

The two friends were at the older man's place to look through possible apartments, and after one hour spent searching, Eric was slowly losing patience. He did not want to rush the dancer nor snap at him; but it was getting annoying to look for a place with Minwoo.

Said man was satisfied with none of the proposed apartments and Eric was starting to wonder if Minwoo really wanted to move in a new place.

"I don't know." Eventually answered the dancer after staring at the apartment's descriptive and pictures.

Eric restrained himself from sighing and just sent a sidelong look at the younger man beside him.

Staring at the dancer for a second, his mind reminded him quickly about everything Minwoo had gone through and how lucky they were all to have him back with them today. The leader had spent so much time worrying about the younger man that he had not realized until now Minwoo was once again the man he used to know.

If Eric did not know everything he could have wonder if anything ever happened to his friend.

He seemed so normal sitting like this beside him and annoy the life out of him. It felt good to have his friend back sound and safe. The past months had been so concerning with everything going on, that Eric could almost not believe today he could say Minwoo seemed okay.

"What ?"

Eric realized he was staring only when the shorter man's confused gaze met his and snapped him back to earth.

"Nothing." He answered with a blink before resuming the search for the perfect place.

Minwoo was the one staring this time, the way he narrowed his eyes at Eric making the leader almost uncomfortable.

"What ?" He asked, frowning at the younger man.

Grinning, Minwoo looked away and said. "Nothing."

Feeling annoyed by his friend's little game, the memory of the past months was quick to make him forget about the emotion. Because everything was back to normal; and Eric could only smile at such thought.

 

***

 

      The apartment was spacious and beautiful, and any person in their right minds would not have hesitate to take it.

But not Minwoo.

Eric could not believe his friend was still hesitating about the place. It was perfect and he could not dream of better. There was a beautiful view, an amazing dressing, a big living room and a really functional kitchen.

So, why was Minwoo hesitating again ?

Being in a good mood when they arrived at the building to visit the apartment, the atmosphere was not the same anymore when they exited it twenty minutes later; Minwoo ahead.

Eric could not hide his annoyance, and stalking behind the shorter man rushing his way back to the car, the leader could not keep his mouth shut anymore. Not after the eighth apartment visited in only a day.

"What's wrong with this one ? It's perfect." He called out after Minwoo still walking quickly back to the car. "Minwoo !" Eric hated to be ignored, which was what his friend was actually doing. "Minwoo !" He snapped, grabbing the shorter man's arm to force him to stop and look at him.

"What ?" Shot back the dancer with annoyance written all over his face.

Eric needed a second to keep under control his anger, while he stared at his friend in hope to put some senses into him.

"What's wrong with you ? I thought you wanted to move out. You've visited eight apartments already"

"So ?" He snapped back, freeing himself from Eric's grip. "You can just go home if you want, I'll keep looking on my own." He added before resuming his way.

Eric swallowed a sigh and caught up with the shorter man. "Who said I wanted to leave ? I'm just wondering what's going on with you. This place was perfect."

"Says you." He shot back with a glare. "I don't like it, okay ?"

"Why ?"

"Because" Minwoo pursed his lips and prevented himself from continuing.

The two men stopped walking, the car just beside them; but none of them made a move to get inside either.

"What's going on Minwoo ? Are you sure you want to move out of your parent's house ?" Eric had softened considerably, because the look in Minwoo's eyes was one he could not ignore and had learned to read.

"I"

He tried but was assaulted by a wave of emotions that almost made him cry.

The main dancer hated when he was being so sensitive for nothing, and he could not believe it was happening at the right moment. He had thought it was over, that he had managed to get over it. But it looked like he was wrong.

"Come on, let's grab something to eat." Said Eric when he noticed Minwoo's emotional state.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, the dancer followed the older man to the car before sitting inside and waiting for the leader to start the vehicle.

      It was only after buying some Chinese food and parked in a quiet area that Eric resumed their previous talk.

"It doesn't looks like you really want to move out. I just don't get it. Why ask my help if you don't want a new apartment ?"

Minwoo did not answer immediately and stared out of the window for a moment. Eric waited patiently for his friend to talk, and when he did he felt a ball of emotion knot his stomach.

"I don't want to be a burden to my parents any longer. I need to move on but I won't as long as I'll be with them. I feel like a scared boy hiding in his parents' arms. I can't keep going like this. I've responsibilities and it's been too long already since I last worked on the album."

If Eric did not know Minwoo as he did he would not have believe the man was thinking about Shinhwa album in such situation. But it was Minwoo, and Minwoo was all about work; mostly when not feeling good.

It was like a therapy for him, and apparently since his kidnapping Minwoo had not tried to create anything. It was concerning in the dancer's case, and Eric understood better despite what he had thought, his friend was far from healed. There was still dark things haunting him and the leader just realized it.

"What's the problem then ? You've more than one possibility before you, you just have to pick one."

Minwoo bit his lip then said. "It's complicated."

"Go ahead. I love complicate stuffs."

The dancer looked up at the older man and grinned softly. "Since when ? You're always whining about everything a bit irritating."

"You're gonna talk or what ?" Snapped back the leader with a glare.

Minwoo was half amused and worried when he heard that, and remembering the good habit he had taken lately he decided to be honest with Eric.

"It's just" He tried but could not find the words. "I'm" He swallowed and purposely stared ahead of him through the window. "I'm scared." He eventually admitted.

"He won't hurt you anymore."

Minwoo could not help the bitter scoff passing his lips; because Eric had no idea how wrong he was.

"If only it was true." He answered lowly.

Eric gritted his teeth at the emotions twisting his stomach at the dancer's words. He hated the possibility something bad could happen to him again; and the fact Minwoo seemed to think he was far from safe was sickening.

"We won't let him." He said as serious as ever, and Minwoo could only stare at the leader for a moment at the said words.

It felt reassuring and terrifying at the same time; because there was no way he would let one of his brother get hurt because of him.

"Don't be stupid Eric." He scoffed back, fearing for the older man's well-being.

"I'm serious. I won't let anything happen to you. I'm Shinhwa leader, remember ? My duty's to protect you, and I will."

Staring once again at Eric, Minwoo wanted to believe him and trust him; but he could not. It was too dangerous, and the only thing worse that could happen to him than his stalker's tormenting behavior was for one of his love ones to get involved for his sake.

It would be even more horrible than everything he had gone through so far.

"I'm thankful for that, but you know you're no match against this man. He's like a shadow following you unknowingly and appearing out of nowhere to give you the scare of your life. Believe me, I already tried but you can't do anything against him."

"I still can try."

"Eric"

"You won't change my mind. I already started anyway."

Minwoo frowned in confusion at the words.

"You can move in with me if you want. Until they catch him."

"What if they don't ?"

Eric looked over at the shorter man and said "Then you'll have to live with me forever."

Minwoo could not help chuckle at this, because Eric could be so stupid sometimes. The dancer was glad for the distraction Eric gave him, and thinking about the offer to move in with him he could not deny it was tempting.

Now the leader knew everything, there was no reason for Minwoo to refuse or worry about an eventual assault of questions.

"Okay." He said to the leader's surprise.

Eric had thought it would be a lot harder to convince Minwoo, but he would not complain either.

"Okay ?"

"Yeah. Let's get my stuffs at my parents' house, I'll be moving in today."

"Today ?" Decidedly, Eric was being stupidly taken aback, and Minwoo could only smirk at this.

"What ? You said I could move in, so let's go !"

"Huh yeah." He answered with a blink before starting the car. "How come you agreed so easily. I thought I would have some long hours of arguing with you. I'd even prepared a mental speech for it."

Laughing, the dancer appreciated sincerely the distraction Eric was being from everything filling his mind.

"Let's say it's your natural charm, okay ?"

Eric sent him a sidelong look before grinning in amusement and making a turn on the road to head to the house of Minwoo's parents.



Chapter specially posted on saturday for DashBoard ^^

I hope you enjoyed it. It was full of Ricmin scenes, so you're certainly happy.

I hope everything'll be alright for you =) I'll be with you by heart xD

 

Anyway, thank you to everyone for reading and supporting this story.

 

To next time !