Chapter 23

Stalker

 

23

      It was rather peacefully around the place he was walking. Minwoo was not sure where he was, but he did not really care. He was feeling at peace and it had been too long since he could feel such emotion.

Everything was quiet around him and the weather was cold, but not to the point of making him shiver; even if he was wearing a t-shirt and no jacket, the cold wind was not really felt. It was more a feeling of coldness spreading inside him and letting him know how low the temperature was.

It felt weird, but not to the point of freaking him out. It was this kind of weirdness one could accept easily because it could be possible.

The quietness slowly started to vanish when he found himself in some kind of deserted area surrounded by abandoned warehouses and rather old buildings. The ground was grey under his feet, as were everything around him; darkness something creeping slowly at some corners of the area.

Minwoo started to worry at this point, because a feeling of great loneliness and hopelessness crawled on him and let him know something dangerous was lurking around him.

He did not know what it was, but he did know he could not stay here and had to run.

So he did, but his race got him nowhere. It was barely if he was moving, and when he tried to listen and look around, panic assaulted him.

The emotion came from nowhere, but suddenly he was panting in fear and feeling tears in his eyes.

He needed help.

So he ran again and tried to find a place to hide. But there was none, and his steps were going nowhere. These warehouses and buildings were still standing there around him at the same distance; and it made him sick and terrified to be unable to run away.

Oh God !

He had to hide, or he would get him.

But there was no hiding place and he could not move forward. What was he supposed to do ? He had to hide somewhere or this monster would get him.

What could he do ?

Doing his possible to run, Minwoo felt exhausted and terrified, and when suddenly a hiding place showed up he did not hesitate to jump in it.

The close space he was in felt incredibly comforting and reassuring, his breath calming down slowly helping him put under control this terror stuck on him.

He did not like to be so scared of something he could not even see, but it was overwhelming and uncontrollable.

Because he knew there was someone here to hurt him even if he could not see them. And knowing there was someone without being able to get a glimpse of them was even more horrible. Because he had no idea against who he had to fight and it was terrifying.

A warm feeling of security slowly enveloped him in this small hideout hugging him like a protective mother would; and Minwoo had no will to move away from it.

He was safe here, and he desperately needed to feel this safety.

But the fear was always there crawling back on him and refusing to leave him at peace; the noises and footsteps he could hear sounds he could not ignore and felt horrified by.

What was he supposed to do if he was finding him ? He did not want to be found, but would his hiding place be enough ? He was feeling so good in here, surrounded by walls engulfing his body protectively and leaving no room for anyone to come get him.

It was so safe here, but it did not prevent him to be frightened deeply when the footsteps came closer. It was so close, but he was safe here… he had nothing to fear. He should not. Because it was safe here.

"No !" The shriek of fear escaping him was of no use when hands grabbed him from behind and pulled him inside the hideout.

How could it be possible ? There was a hard, protective wall pressing against his back just a second ago… how the hell he had managed to get inside the hiding place ?

Minwoo was terrified by the thing pulling him inside the darkness. It was so cold and hot around him, the hand on him burning and hurting like a .

The screams of fear, helplessness and desperation were a torture for his throat; but no matter how loud he screamed nobody heard him. It felt even more terrifying to know no one would help him.

What was he supposed to do ?

Oh God ! Someone, help him.

He was so scared, and the burning cold pain in his neck made him terrified about the drug now running in his veins. He did not want to be addicted again, because he did not want to undergo the withdrawal ever again.

But it was happening ! It was happening and he could not do anything about it.

Oh God !

Help me !

Someone…

There was no one and he was trapped. Trapped by this shadowed man he could not fight nor look at without feeling terrorized out of his mind.

He needed to get out.

Please !

Why nobody was listening to him ? Why nobody could hear him ? He was screaming so loudly… someone should be able to hear him and save him.

But there was no one. No one excepted this monster hiding in the darkness.

"Help me !" He shouted, hitting some hard, cold and sometimes metallic surface hurting his hands.

But Minwoo did not feel the pain, because it was already hurting so much from the inside that the little physical pain was nothing.

"Help !"

Please, help me !

He hated so much the tears in his eyes, but he had no control over them… he had no control over anything anyway.

"Help me !"

The hand suddenly squeezing his neck made his eyes widen in horror and his body go rigid at the perspective he was dying.

Oh God !

He was killing him and he could not stop him.

Help…

His voice was inaudible, the powerful and crushing hand around his throat something he could not get off no matter how hard he tried to get free from it.

It was still there squeezing the life out of him.

Please…

He was crying. He was ing crying but he did not even care. Because he was dying and he could not do anything against it. Nobody was here to help him either and he was freaking alone to fight against this monster he was no match to.

Help me !

"Please !" Jolting awake in bed, the shouted word quickly died down in the quietness of the dark room.

Panting in raw fear, Minwoo could not see anything around him for a long moment; which terrified him deeply.

Was he still there ? Was he dead ?

Oh God ! He needed to calm down.

Rubbing his throat carefully with a shaky hand, Minwoo could still feel this strong grip around it killing him slowly.

He had been so scared and powerless. It was maddening and sickening.

      Minwoo suddenly needed some fresh air; and getting out of bed messily he made his way to the living room where he opened the window to get on the balcony.

He needed some air.

It was so quiet and noisy around him, the city's liveliness something making him overly sensitive and stressed.

He needed some air.

Minwoo had a hard time calming down even when sitting on the balcony against a rather cold wall. He was still suffocating and felt the urge to escape everything to be able to breathe.

He needed to get away.

 

***

 

      It was quiet in the police station, the detectives and policemen already home or taking a nap waiting for something to happen.

Lee was at his desk doing some paper works he could not avoid anymore. Since Lee Minwoo's stalker was arrested, detective Lee mostly had paper work to do for the prosecution.

Things were calm lately and his partner Oh was still focusing on the drug case. Both of them would have to team up when everything would be over, and Lee was not sure how things would be between them after their disagreement.

They had parted ways with most tension and discord, but they were partners and in the end they would have to work with each other again.

      Walking to the coffee machine, detective Lee was so sleepy that he was not sure the dark beverage would be of any use.

"Hey JaeSeung." Looking over at the man calling out for him, he smiled softly and took the little cup of hot coffee. "I've got what you wanted." He said with a grin and file in hand.

"Anything interesting ?"

Lee was not expecting much from the report on Gong ChaeHun considering the man was like any other normal citizen out there. If not for the CCTV showing the man's face clearly, they would not have found him even if they had tried with all their might.

Gong had nothing to blame himself for on paper, excepted for this little incident he had as a teenager. But it was nothing serious -just drinking and smoking at an illegal age- and the police had released Gong with just a lecture and warning.

Since then, Gong ChaeHun was the perfect little citizen no one was noticing.

"Well." Began TaeCha. "There's nothing much. The guy lives alone and go to his sister's place every weekends for diner."

"She raised him, right ?"

TaeCha nodded "Yeah. She was twenty when their parents died in a car accident. He was only eight at the time and she took him in."

"Anything on her ?" Asked Lee as he walked back to his desk.

"Well. We tried to call her, but we couldn't get in touch with her." TaeCha turned a page in the file and added "She's divorced. She's a sixteen years old daughter she's raising alone since the girl's twelve."

"What about the husband ?" Asked Lee as he sipped on his hot drink.

"We've nothing much on him. He's an office worker and spends most of his time at the office. He's in Japan right now and we couldn't contact him either. His secretary said he would call us back when he'd have time."

Lee nodded and drank his coffee. "What's miss Gong's occupation ?"

TaeCha looked down at the file in his hands. "She's working from her house as a stylist coach. You should be able to talk to her if you want to go to her place."

Lee nodded and took the file from the other man's hands.

Gong ChaeHun was still a big mystery to them, and he hoped with his family and background's information they would be able to clearify it.

Lee hated to no have the wanted answers.



Well, was it good ?

You eventually got a real look into Minwoo's nightmare, and I hope it was written well enough ^^

 

Anyway. Thank you everyone for reading subscribing and commenting. I'm so happy you likes the story.

I'm slowly nearing the end, and I can't wait to finally write the last word, to have the conclusion of this story ^^ I really like when I finish a story, because it's like a new challenge completed and it makes me proud of myself when I manages a story till the very end =)

It was my biggest worry and issue when I first started writing fanfics, but lately it's better and I've more ease to complete my stories.

And I really have fun when I writes about Shinhwa.

 

Well, I'm rambling here and I'm sorry xD

 

To next time !