Prologue

Stalker

 

Prologue

      Days at Shinhwa's Company were exhausting lately. They had to prepare for their comeback, meet with sponsors and a lot of other people, they had to settle on a concept, songs and organize everyone's schedules.

Eric and Minwoo hated this part the most. It was so annoying and complicated to adjust everyone's schedules. Between this person who had a really important appointment, this other one who was leaving soon and this other person who needed a few days off because of familial problems; Eric and Minwoo did not know where to turn anymore.

" this, I'm done !" It was Eric, and looking at the discarded schedules on the table, Minwoo could not deny he was fed up too.

Hence, with a sigh he dropped the papers in his hands, leaned in his seat and intertwined his fingers behind his head.

"We've to work on it though." He reminded softly, his voice trailing off in tiredness and lack of motivation.

Eric tsked and said "In hell we have. They'll just have to show up when needed." Minwoo smiled at this and cracked open an eye to look at the leader.

"If only it was possible." Letting a sigh out, he pushed himself forward and started working on the schedules once again.

They were half way through it, but even at this point there was unexpected data to take into account. Minwoo could not believe so many things could happen at the same time to their staff; but it was life, he guessed.

"You're so annoying sometimes." Growled Eric as he started working too once again.

Grinning, Minwoo glanced up at him and said "I didn't do anything."

The older man sent him a side long look and answered "You're working I've too." The main dancer smiled at the complain.

      The two oldest Shinhwa members worked for several more hours on the schedules; and called, emailed and contacted every people they needed information from before settling on their schedules.

All in all, it was a strenuous job to do none of them could avoid.

 

      "I'm paying you a drink." Announced Eric when they stepped out of the building at almost two in the morning.

Smiling, Minwoo looked up at his friend and fixed his hat on his head.

"If it's asked so nicely." He taunted, winning a smack on the side of the head, which he partially avoided and laughed at.

"Shut up ! I'm paying, remember ?"

"I've never asked you to." He countered and Eric glared at him.

"You rather pay then ?" He snapped back, an hint of amusement in his voice.

"I'll love to, but I've suddenly lost my wallet."

Grinning, Eric rolled his eyes and pressed the button on his car key, the vehicle light's flashing once before unlocking.

"Get your in here !" He shot back, disappearing on the drivers seat then.

Smirking, Minwoo walked around the car and hopped inside before slamming the door's shut.

 

      They were drinking peacefully at one of their favorite place; a small bar owned by an old lady nobody could guess her real age. She looked old and young at the same time, and the Shinhwa members often had fun trying to figure it out.

"You know we've to fix the choreo." Announced Eric, to which Minwoo growled and sipped on his drink. "Andy's back got worse lately, he can't do the fancy moves."

"I know." He grunted and emptied another glass of alcohol. "I talked to Junjin, he said we should just do the break" He filled his glass and sipped on the drink. "But I don't know yet. Maybe I'll think about something before Monday." He slurred with a wave of his hand.

Smiling, Eric looked at his drunken friend and nodded, thinking how hard it must be on the main dancer with the comeback's preparations. The dancer had so much to do, even more than the leader who was already overwhelmed.

"You want another one ?" He asked when he noticed the empty bottle in front of Minwoo.

Glancing at it, the shorter man thought about it for a stretching second, letting Eric wonder if his friend had heard him to begin with or had just fell asleep opened eyes.

"I'm good." He eventually answered, which startled the leader slightly.

Eric saw Minwoo's lips parted, letting him know he was about to say something; but his phone buzzed on the table and distracted him.

The leader did not know who could have send a message to the main dancer, but one thing was sure; it was nothing to Minwoo's liking. The shorter man had a displeased, concerned frown on his face; something Eric knew well enough after seventeen years of friendship. He did not need to see the message or even hear his friend, because he knew Minwoo did not like what he had just received on his phone.

"Everything okay ?" He asked before sipping on his drink.

Minwoo seemed snapped out of his thoughts; and looking up at Eric, he cleared his throat, locked his screen and put his phone away; as if to hide whatever was on it. It bothered the older man to be honest, but the main dancer was quick to distract him from his little concern.

"Well, not that I don't enjoy your company" Grinned Minwoo after another ten minutes of chitchatting. "But I'm dead and I need my beauty sleep." The two friends grinned at this, and Eric followed the shorter man as he stood up and readied himself to leave.

"I'll call you a taxi." He said, but Minwoo denied his offer.

"I'll walk. I need to get ride of this alcohol inside me."

Eric eyed his friend in an odd way, wondering what kind of logic could this be. But Minwoo did not leave him much time to think about it that he greeted him warmly and started walking away.

Watching the main dancer for a moment, the leader eventually decided to just head home and sleep as much as possible before tomorrow's work comes running at him. He was exhausted only thinking about it; but he could not deny he loved everything about his life, even this bother work was offering sometimes.

He would for nothing change his lifestyle, not when he had everything he wanted and like he wanted. He was the boss, the one in charge and was doing only what he wanted. What else could he ask ?

He was perfectly happy like this; even if a lovely wife and kids would not hurt. He was patient enough to wait for them.

      Eric reached his building in no time, the little bar they were at not far from his place. He did not even take the time to turn on the light once inside his apartment and immediately headed to bed where he crashed and started snoring soon after.



So, I've forgot there was a prologue for this story, so here it is ^^

I'm not writing prologues usually, so don't judge me !!! lol

 

Anyway, hope it'll tease you enough to anticipate the first chapter =)

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting, and don't hesitate to give me feedbacks; it's always welcome ^^