Just a Dream

Just a Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Kat POV

      There I was the only one on stage. My ballet shoes laying beside me. The auditory empty and dark except for the well lit stage making me feel like a lone star in the middle of the night sky. Slipping on the pointe shoes and tying the satin ribbon around my ankle. It's been years since I have danced ballet but I guess it's okay to bring back certain passions. I stood up gently dusting my tights off. A sweet melody of a full orchestra began to fill the air as I began to dance. The music completely engulfing me in every swift movement I made, making me feel energized and alive. Which is something I haven't felt in years. I could feel myself begin smile with every turn and plié. My body becoming more energized with every arabesque and for once I felt content and happy. I stopped center stage and heard a faint clapping coming from the audience as I tried to look beyond the lights but all I could see was the figures back and the auditiorium doors open and shutting behind them before the word 'wait' could even pass my lips and for once I began to question what I was waiting for.

"Sir" I heard a faint voice as I began to wake up.

"How long do you think she will need to be on bed rest?" I heard a deep male voice come from across the room as I slowly began to open my eyes and register where I was.

"Well considering how physically exhausted she was and the minor bit of malnutrition we have estimated about two weeks until she can be discharged" the femine sounding voice filled the air as I tried taking in what was going on and being said around me. 

"Discharged?" I mumbled as I looked at my wrist a white plastic band wrapped around it with my identification information printed on it.

"Kat"  looked up at the figure beside me only to see Kai staring back at me with wide eyes.

"Where am I?" I could feel my eyes begin to fill with water as I looked back down to my wrist. The cursed white walls surrounding me and the smell of disinfectants and death heavy in the air. That's what I associated hostpitals with, death, because that's all i've ever known to come out of a trip to the hostpital.

"Kat" he repeated as I wiped my cheek with the back of my hand when the tears began to tumble from my eyes.

"Please dear god tell me i'm not in the hostpital" I began to panick as the nurse held my other hand.

"Sweetie, you were brought in yesterday. You had a small episode from exhaustion." she sighed looking at me with that face of pity. The same look that paramedic gave me.

"Please get me out of here" I whispered as I reached up for Kai and held tightly on his sleeve "I beg you"

"Honey, you can't leave quite yet." the nurse tried coaxing me but I had to get out.

"Please let me out of here" I felt the warm tears begin to spill even harder from my eyes as the four white walls surrounding me seemed to be enclosing on me.

"Yo-"

"Let me speak with her doctor"Kai spoke up as I held tightly on to his arm.

"Sir-"

"I said let me speak with him" he growled as I burried my face into the soft grey sweater he was wering trying to block out my surroundings.

"I'll bring him right away" she mumbled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter