Chapter 6

Passage Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be careful on the way to school, SungMi ah. Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you ?” SungHyun asked as he was seeing SungMi out at the door. SungMi who was putting on her school shoes shook her head at her brother’s question and grabbed her skateboard which was just beside her.

“No, thank you, oppa. I already have my transportation to school !” SungMi said as she raised her skateboard up high with a huge grin. SungHyun sighed as he shook his head in disapprovement. He didn’t like his sister to go to school using her skateboard but what else can he say ? She liked it and what mattered most to SungHyun was SungMi's happiness.

“Fine. Just be careful and watch out for the cars and motorbikes. Don’t ever dream of racing with them.” SungHyun reminded once again and SungMi just nodded and saluted her brother with a huge grin. “Understood, sir ! Permission to leave the premises, sir !” SungMi said while pretending that she was a soldier.

SungHyun rolled his eyes and pushed his sister away, knocking her head lightly at the same time. “Just go to school already !” he said annoyingly.

SungMi cracked up while she skilfully placed her foot on her skateboard before began to skate away, while waving back at her brother. SungHyun waved at her back and shook his head again as he watched her figure slowly disappeared, “How can we not worry about you, SungMi ah.. All of us worry about you. Well, maybe except for .. him.”

Once SungMi was nowhere in sight, SungHyun closed the door and went inside as he himself had to be of to college in half an hour.

In the meantime, SungMi was happily skating to school while humming to her favorite song. She didn’t put on her earphones as she was skateboarding because it might be dangerous for her not to hear the sound of incoming car. So, she sang out loud instead.

“JEBAL NAL ~ JINACHYEO ON BOMNALCHEOREOM ~ BARAMCHEOREOM NOTJIMA CAN YOU SAVE CAN YOU SAVE ME ~~~” SungMi sang her heart’s out and didn’t bother the looks she received from the people around. Some of them smiled and shook their heads while looking at her while some of them gave her a disapproving look.

Neither those looks mattered to SungMi as long as she was happy and that she didn’t harm anyone with her singing.

She was just turning to the corner to her school and realized that there was a slope. Since she was used to it everyday, she had no problem going down the slope with her skateboard. But her main problem was that she will be speeding right after she got down the slope so she hoped that there would be nobody in the middle of the way as she was speeding.

Unfortunately, the universe was testing her that morning. As she skated down the slope, DaeHyun suddenly appeared from a corner and SungMi grew panic as she wasn’t prepared to slow down. She didn’t get the chance to warn DaeHyun and as a result of that, she knocked him over and they both fell down on the ground hard.

DaeHyun, who really didn’t expect that coming, groaned as his elbow stung once he was on the ground. SungMi who hurt her knee quickly sat up to check on the unlucky victim. Who was groaning on the ground with his eyes closed. “I’M SO SORRY ! ARE YOU OKAY ?! ARE YOU DEAD ?! Wait that was wrong. ARE YOU HURT ? ANY BROKEN BONES ? DO I NEED TO CALL THE AMBULANCE OR THE POLICE ?! ANSWER ME I’M SO SCARED !!” SungMi shouted loudly.

“FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HOW CAN I ANSWER YOU WHEN YOU WON’T FREAKING SHUT UP !!” DaeHyun suddenly snapped as he tried to stand up. SungMi offered him a hand but he slapped it away. The girl felt very guilty as she shakily watched DaeHyun trying to stand upright. She had her hands ready if the poor boy happened to fall or collapse on the ground.

“C-can you walk ? Are you legs alright ?” SungMi asked as she looked at DaeHyun’s legs, to see whether they were bleeding or broken.

DaeHyun nodded his head once he was certain his legs didn’t hurt that bad and he could still walk. He tried to take a few steps forward. They did hurt a little but it wasn’t that bad. As long as they were not broken, he’ll do okay. “My legs are fine. But that doesn’t mean I’m completely fine !” DaeHyun said sternly as he glared at SungMi who was scratching her not so itchy head.

“Are you hurt anywhere else ? Is your head dizzy or something ? I can call the ambulance if you want.” SungMi said in concern. This wasn’t the first time that this incident had actually happened but she hoped that she was the only one who remembered.

“Why don’t you call the police instead ? So that they can arrest you if ever I have emotional disturbance or trauma after this ! I might even get scared to walk along this street anymore because of you ! Gosh girl you’re lucky it was just me and not any other people ! They will not only call the police but the ambulance as well ! To send you to the asylum !” DaeHyun scolded her as he wiped his dusty hands on his pants.

He planned to give the girl a piece of his mind in the first place, but he didn’t when all of a sudden SungMi was grinning to herself while picking up her skateboard. DaeHyun frowned and knocked her head hard, “Yah, why are you smiling like an idiot ? Do you think I’m fooling around right here ?! You’re lucky I’m not badly injured or I’ll ask you to be responsible ! How can you even smile right now ?!”

SungMi stopped grinning when she felt her head was knocked hard. She rubbed her sore head and said, “Yah ~ Jung DaeHyun-ssi. That hurts, you know. I’m just happy that my skateboard is fine, that’s all. I thought it’s also ‘injured’ just now. No need to hit my head that hard. I did say I’m sorry though.”

DaeHyun scoffed and said mockingly, “I doubt it even hurts that much. Your head is as hard as a coconut and my hand is the one that hurts right now for knocking it !”

SungMi grabbed her bag and mumbled to herself, “Your fault though not mine.”

“What was that ?” DaeHyun asked as he kinda heard SungMi said something. SungMi immediately shook her head and said nervously, “Nothing ! Hehehe ! So, since you’re not injured, no broken bones, and still alive, I guess I’ll be of then ! Adios !” SungMi quickly got on her skateboard again and began to skate away, leaving DaeHyun behind with mouth agaped.

“YAH ! ADIOS YOUR HEAD ! I am not finished with you ! GET BACK HERE !” DaeHyun yelled and only shook his head afterwards while SungMi skated away, not showing any signs to slow down. “Weird girl.” He mumbled.

He was reaching for his bag and books that were on the floor when a voice called him from behind, “DaeHyun-ssi ?”

DaeHyun turned around only to find DanBi looking at him in concern. He recognized her immediately since she was Zelo’s classmate and he had seen them together quite a few times. “Oh, DanBi-ssi.”

DanBi walked closer to him and asked, “Are you okay ? I heard you screaming from afar and it sounded like you were in distress. Who were you shouting at ?”

DaeHyun sighed a little as he remembered what just happened earlier and shook his head. “I got knocked down by Lee SungMi and her precious skateboard. You know her, I presume ? Luckily I’m not badly injured but she just went away when I was still talking to her. That was why I was screaming just now.”

They both then decided to walk together to school and all the way there, DaeHyun didn’t stop advicing DanBi to stay away from SungMi, the walking disaster. “She’s one heck of a trouble, that girl so I suggest you to keep some distance from her. She always creates a lot of problems and I am always one of her victims, that I can tell. Always be alert and be careful when you’re around her. She’s very impulsive.”

DanBi couldn’t help but to smile and said, “Thank you so much for the advice, DaeHyun-ssi. But I think she’s nice enough though. She just likes to do things her way. We just need to understand her a little sometimes.”

DaeHyun looked at her in disbelief and said angrily, “Did you even hear what I just said about her knocking me over just now ?! How can you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter