Chapter 11

Passage Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next day at school, DaeHyun entered the school premises with a happy feeling and less moody, unlike the usual. He found himself smiling and most of the students couldn’t help but to look at him twice. DaeHyun was the type of student who was always in a bad mood every morning and no one knew why. Maybe because he didn’t get enough sleep the night before or something. They didn’t know.

Hence to see him to be in a very good mood was something new to the students.

He was on his way to his locker when he caught the sight of DanBi and SungMi, standing in front of SungMi’s locker while the girl was rummaging things inside the small spaced locker. DanBi caught DaeHyun’s eyes and they both exchanged smiles.

SungMi who happened to turn around at the same time,-after finding what she was searching for-, saw the two of them smiling at each other as DaeHyun passed by and she looked at the both of them back and forth. From DaeHyun to DanBi, and from DanBi to DaeHyun.

She narrowed her eyes down at DanBi and teased while elbowing her, “Yah, are you two secretly dating behind my back ?” DanBi frowned a little and shook her head with a sigh, “Of course we’re not, SungMi. We hardly know each other or talk to each other.” She said while trying not to sound defensive.

And of course, SungMi wasn’t buying it and wiggled her eyebrows playfully at DanBi, making the girl laughed even more. “Yeah, right. Like I would believe that.” She said as the both of them walked away from the locker and towards their class.

DanBi laughed again and said, “No, seriously. That is a hilarious idea. Such an imagination you have.” SungMi simply shrugged and said, “Okay ~ but I’m going to ask JunHong to see whether it’s true. He must’ve known if he’s hyung is dating my friend here.” Then a thought crossed her mind reminding her that the both of them were still not talking to each other. Or so she thought, though.

SungMi was still teasing DanBi about it when all of a sudden, a group of five girls passed by them and literally pushed the both of them very purposely, causing DanBi to fall with her books as she was pushed the hardest and so were SungMi’s. Both of them gaped in shock and SungMi’s eyes were fuming with anger when the group of girls simply walked away without even bothering to turn back to apologize. Especially for causing her friend to fall.

Without any hesitation, SungMi pulled one of the girls who had her hair tied up in a ponytail and the girl was yanked backwards. “Oww ! Yah !” The girl screamed while trying to make SungMi let go of her hair. “Yah, you crazy girl ! LET ME GO !” The girl screamed again, and her friends quickly came to her aid.

SungMi ignored her pleas and dragged her by the hair towards their sprawled books on the floor. DanBi was already back on her feet and was stunned to see what SungMi was doing. She was pulling the girl by the hair with no mercy whatsoever. And in her eyes DanBi could see rage and anger.

She was starting to get scared to see this side of SungMi and tried her best to calm her friend down. Reaching out to her arm, DanBi said gently, “SungMi ! Let go of her ! You’re hurting her !”

But DanBi’s pleas were completely ignored as SungMi shoved the girl on the floor, a look of fury was stamped on her face and a dark aura seemed to be surrounding her.

“Pick those books up, now !” SungMi yelled at the girl who was sobbing dramatically on the floor. Her four other friends started to gather around her while looking at SungMi in disgust. One of them then spoke, “Yah ! Who do you think you are to do that to our friend ?!”

SungMi scoffed and answered while crossing her arms with a cynical smile, “And who do you think you are to simply knock my friend over without even apologizing ?! I’m sure all of you are not blind to not see her. Or maybe you are ?” She started to get a rise out of the girls, which she knew wasn’t a very good move.

Their exchanged yelling towards one another were starting to gain people’s attention. Even Zelo and JongUp finally found themselves to be beside DanBi and asked her what in the world was going on.

DanBi shook her head and even without her having to explain, Zelo and JongUp knew immediately what it was all about. They glanced at SungMi and then to the five girls. Zelo let out an exasperating sigh once he saw who the five girls were. They were the group that always liked to tick SungMi off and pushing her buttons. For years they had been disturbing SungMi and what the girl did most of the time was just ignoring them. Zelo wondered why SungMi started to get angry with them now.

In the meantime, SungMi and the five girls continued biting each other’s head off like it was nobody’s business. Despite the fight was five against one, SungMi seemed to be doing well in giving them a tongue-lashing off her own. Oh, the gloves were so off !

Zelo stepped forward and tried to stop the fight calmly but obviously enough, he was ignored by them. And DanBi herself was about to intervene too, when JongUp suddenly tapped her shoulder. DanBi looked at him questioningly and the boy grinned before he asked, “Do you have your phone with you ?”

DanBi frowned deeper and glanced at the fight that was going on before quickly giving JongUp her phone without even caring to ask why. After the mobile phone had exchanged hands, DanBi quickly stood beside SungMi and tried to pull her away, afraid that the five girls will hurt her as they started to step forward towards SungMi.

It amazed DanBi on how strong SungMi actually was as she wouldn’t budge when she tried to pull her away by the shoulders. It was like her feet were cemented to the ground and she won’t move even for an inch.

“Urgh ! You really don’t know who you’re messing with, Lee SungMi !! YOU’RE NOT ONLY CRAZY BUT ANNOYING AS HELL !!”

“Oh yeah ? Well I bet you don’t know too ! Do you think you’re so great to simply push my friend like that ?! She even fell on the floor and you girls ignored her !”

“She didn’t even cry or say anything ! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO Y ABOUT IT ANYWAY ?!”

“ARE YOU DEAF OR SIMPLY PRETEND THAT YOU ARE ?! I TOLD YOU BECAUSE SHE’S MY FRIEND AND YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE !”

“WHAT PROOF HAVE YOU TO SAY THAT WE DID THAT INTENTIONALLY ?”

SungMi looked at them in disbelief and sighed in disbelief. “I really shouldn’t waste my time with you. Just what am I doing right now, for Heaven’s sake ? I would rather not fight with a group of five girls who have got the faces only a mother can love.”

One of the girls flipped her hair dramatically upon hearing that and said confidently, “Well, duh. Of course our mothers love our faces. You’re just jealous because your mom for sure doesn’t love yours.”

Hearing what the girl said, SungMi cracked up almost immediately and even clutched her stomach as she laughed non stop, and she would've rolled on the floor if she could. Even DanBi and the others couldn’t hide the smile on their faces.

“Oh god, you’re so funny ! I can’t believe that you girls are funny too ! Despite being a bloody nuisance, if you’ll excuse my French.” SungMi exclaimed as she wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes.

The girls frowned at her in confusion and one of them said, “Yah. What so funny ?”

SungMi laughed again and said while shaking her head, “Like seriously ? All of you are indeed all brawn but no brain.” She marched forward one step and said while smiling oh-so sweetly, “My dear darlings, do you even know what that idiom means ? When I say you’ve got a face only a mother can love ?”

Sensing that SungMi was provoking them, DanBi shook her head and tugged SungMi’s school shirt, pleading her to just leave it alone but SungMi was having none of it.

SungMi turned to DanBi with a pout and said with a pitiful voice, “But DanBi, these girls should know what the idiom means ! Who knows it might come out in the test ? I’m just doing them a favor~”

Zelo shook his head too and said, “We’ll give them extra English lessons next time, okay ? Now let’s just go-”

“NO ! SHE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL SHE TELLS US WHAT SHE MEANT BY SAYING THAT!” The girl who was grabbed by the hair yelled suddenly, not allowing SungMi to leave until she told them the reason why she was laughing at them. Which was something they hated, to see her laugh and smile especially about them.

SungMi raised her eyebrows at them and asked, “Are you sure you want to know what it means ?” She crossed her arms and both Zelo and DanBi sighed knowing there was nothing they could do.

SungMi pretended to sigh a little and said, “Well, to be honest, I would rather not tell you girls the meaning directly. It’s going to hurt. So let me give you another one, I think this is similar enough. You girls have a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Get the picture ?”

“SungMi !” Zelo and DanBi exclaimed and finally they managed to grab SungMi by the shoulders as the girl was laughing histerically. The five girls looked at SungMi in widened eyes, clearly showed that they got what she meant with the second idiom.

One of the girls marched over and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter