Chapter 15

Passage Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zelo was sitting cross-legged with SungMi and DanBi during recess, as usual, under SungMi’s favorite tree. Zelo often found himself to be eating with the two girls now instead of with his hyungs. He wasn’t ditching his hyungs, no, but he felt nice to spend time with his own classmates once in a while. And he was glad that his hyungs didn’t mind, as they still saw each other after school.

Zelo was just eating his tomato cherries when he suddenly asked, breaking the silence, “Oh, do you girls know that there is a new carnival opening in town ? Have you both been there yet ?” Both SungMi and DanBi stopped eating and focussed on him.

“Carnival ?” DanBi asked while tilting her head.

Zelo nodded with a smile.“Yup, carnival. It’s just opened and it’s not so far from here. I haven’t been there yet so I thought the three of us can go together, if the two of you want.” He said while giving SungMi some of his tomato cherries since he noticed that the girl had been eyeing them.

SungMi beamed happily when a few cherries landed in her lunch box and said, “Thanks, JunHong ! Anyway the carnival sounds nice. I’ve never ever been to a carnival before. What’s it like ? Is it fun ?” She asked then while scratching her head with her free hand while her other hand plopping the cherry tomatoes inside .

DanBi smiled at her and answered, “Yes, it’s very fun. It’s like a fun fair. There are games, roller coasters, and stalls that sell cotton candies, ice creams, and a lot more other stuff. Especially junk food though. Usually the kids will like to go there, but the adults like to go there too sometimes. Couples mostly.”

SungMi looked at DanBi with sparkly eyes and muttered a soft ‘wow ~’.

Zelo chuckled at her amusement and decided to add some more, “There is also a ferris wheel, and games where you can win a stuffed toy, a merry-go-round, and a go-cart. Which reminds me to ask, are you sure you haven’t been to a carnival before ? Haven’t your parents brought you there when you were little ?”

SungMi cocked her head and tried to remember whether her parents had brought her to a carnival or not. She couldn’t recollect anything before she was 12 and if memory served her right, her parents had never taken her to a carnival since she was 12 until now.

With a deflated sigh, SungMi said, “I don’t think so. But it does sound really fun though. I think I want to go ! Can I go ? Can I come with you ?” She asked in excitement while switching hopeful glances between Zelo and DanBi.

Both of her friends laughed at her silliness and Zelo said, “Of course you can come. That’s the reason I asked though. I won’t be asking if you’re not welcomed.” He turned to DanBi then and asked, “How about you ? Are you coming ? It’ll be fun.”

Without any hesitation, DanBi nodded eagerly straight away. “Sure. It will be our first outing together though. But aren’t you going to go with your friends ? The six of you always do stuff together and go everywhere almost together too, right ?”

Zelo nodded and shrugged nonchalantly. “Well, yeah we do. But I’m not sure whether they will want to come along though. They might think that the carnivals are a place for kids. But if I ask later and they say they want to come along, would you two mind ?” He asked.

Both DanBi and SungMi looked at each other before shaking their heads in sync. “Nope. We don’t mind. Besides, the more the merrier.” SungMi chimed.

Zelo only nodded with a smile then and they packed away their lunch boxes before heading back to class for the rest of the lessons.

After the school session had ended, Zelo met up with his friends as usual at HimChan’s house. The six of them were sprawling on the floor in HimChan’s bedroom while doing their own homework. The good thing about doing their work together was that they got to ask each other about a question that they didn’t understand, and they could also help the younger ones too. The bad side of it was, they tended to lose focus every so often while doing their homework. Someone will always start an unnecessary conversation, causing them to be chatting instead of doing their work.

JongUp finished his work first and he closed his book as he looked around the room, noticing that his hyungs were still writing while Zelo was about to be done in five minutes.

“Wow, I finished first. How can this happen ?” He asked himself and YoungJae just let out a small laugh while his hand was still writing as fast as he could. The room was quiet again and JongUp started to get bored. He wasn’t usually the first to complete his work and now that he had everything done, he didn’t know what to do.

JongUp sighed as his shoulders fell. He looked out the window and suddenly spoke, “Oh guys, do you know that there is a new carnival opening ?” He asked, not really expecting for anyone to answer but someone actually did.

Zelo who was on the floor sat up and closed his book as he answered, “Yup. And I’m going with DanBi and SungMi this weekend.” He packed his books before he did a little stretching while JongUp only nodded at his answer.

“Looks like you’ve gotten close with the two girls recently, aren’t you Zelo ?” The eldest asked while giving him a smile from his book.

Zelo only nodded and said casually, “Well, they’re fun to hang around with. Most of my classmates are just cocky and sometimes get close to me just because they want something. It’s nice to be close to your classmates too. Anyway, you hyungs can come along to the carnival with us too. If you want, though.”

HimChan lifted his head to Zelo and asked expectently, “Really ? We can come along ? Won’t the two girls mind since you promised to go with them ?”

Zelo shook his head and answered confidently, “Nope. They said the more the merrier. Besides, I think it’ll be fun for all of us to go together.” He looked at his hyungs and noticed that all of them except JongUp had started to close their books and keeping their pens and pencils away. Maybe they had all finished their work.

DaeHyun who had been quiet the whole time lifted his shoulders and said neutrally, “Well, sounds like fun. I guess all of us are in.” He looked at his other friends for confirmation and all of them nodded their heads, meaning to say that they were joining too.

Zelo grinned happily as he couldn’t believe that his hyungs will want to join the trip as well. He thought that his hyungs will turn the offer down but to his amazement, they all agreed and wanted to tag along with him and the girls. “Great ! I’m sure we’re going to have lots of fun !” He said while clapping his hand and the rest of his friends simply laughed at their maknae's excitement.

“DanBi ah, something is wrong with my cell phone !” HimChan whined at DanBi who was standing beside him at the carnival’s entrance. All of them were already there, and were only waiting for SungMi who was yet to arrive.

DanBi frowned a little before trying to look for the problem with HimChan’s phone. “Really ? What’s wrong with it ? Do you want to borrow mine for a quick phone call ?” She politely offered, completely assuming that HimChan was in a desperate need to make a call but he shook his head. She then tried to identify what was the problem with the lad’s phone but she couldn’t detect anything wrong with it.

“Your phone seems fine to me, HimChan-ssi.” DanBi said. The rest of B.A.P then started to gather around them hearing the conversation while YoungJae and JongUp too tried to see what was the defect with his cell phone.

“There really is something wrong with it !” HimChan kept whining and YoungJae and JongUp frowned in confusion. They tried to make a call using HimChan’s phone and Zelo even called him using his and other members’ phones and the bloody cell phone was working perfectly well.

“Hyung, your phone is completely alright ! What do you mean by something is wrong with it ?” YoungJae asked while DaeHyun grabbed the phone, inspecting it together with YongGuk. They knew how much HimChan loved his phone for his selcas. They just didn’t want to hear him whining about the phone later on.

“It’s because DanBi’s number is not in it !” HimChan said then, causing the rest of them to freeze on their spots. It took them a moment to finally being able to get what HimChan  meant. And the first one to speak after that was Zelo.

“Hyung !! We thought it was something serious !!” The boy exclaimed in frustration. “Is this one of your attempts in trying to hit on my friend ?! With your silly lines ?”  Zelo added with arms akimbo while HimChan only grinned sheepishly, causing his eyes to look like the shape of a crescent moon.

DaeHyun and YongGuk were so close to throwing HimChan’s phone directly towards his head, while YoungJae and JongUp only sighed and DanBi shook his head.

“Dude, you should really stop with your failed charms.” YongGuk said while crossing his arms and shaking his head at HimChan, who then started laughing.

“Well, it was supposed to be for DanBi though. I didn’t really expect the rest of you to fall for it too. But to think of it again, it does sound funny. All of you started checking my phone to see whether it was alright.” He said as he continued laughing.

DanBi too laughed as she found his laughter contagious and she said while shaking her head, “Nice try, HimChan-ssi but I’m sorry, it’s not working for me.” Her words had the rest of them in stitches while HimChan only pouted and he said he’ll make sure the next time he tried again, DanBi will surely fall for it.

About a minute after that, SungMi arrived with her skateboard and all of them entered the carnival. After a few attempts of persuading SungMi to leave her skateboard at a right place, they finally managed to buy the tickets and were ready to play the games there.

SungMi’s eyes turned wide and her lips curved into a huge smile as she took in the sight of the carnival. That was the first time she went to a carnival and she was amazed to see things inside there. Just like what Zelo and DanBi told her.

She started jumping up and down and it took every ounce of her not to run around like a headless chicken. She grabbed whoever’s hands on her left and right and started shaking it up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter