6- The Bartender

The Merge (EXO's Miracles in December)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

"No, No, No! Put this in there!" Kyungsoo said pointing at the last equipment he needed in the kitchen. 


After everyone left, he went to his office, smelling the fresh wood,
"Hmm... This should be a good start." 

"Indeed it is." Replied Kim Joon, his best friend sitting carelessly on the opposite chair. 

"You know, you should be sitting here!" Kyungsoo stood up and waved with his hand,
"Come here, come." Joon stood and went to sit behind the office,
"Ah, it feels so weird"

Kyungsoo laughed, "Of course, it feels weird, but you'll get used to it. It's going to work out, no one can do it like you. You're the perfect man in this industry." Kyungsoo said smiling at his friend.

"I wouldn't have made it this far without you, Kyungsoo..." Joon replied smiling softly.

"This, definitely wasn't going to without you, Joon. We complete each other." Kyungsoo said as he stood up, looking at the frames they hang on the wall few days earlier.  Most of them are for both of them, younger and fearless, their friendship is the type you take from your childhood along the way till you become all white and old.

"We finally made it, My Friend!"  Joon said as he stood beside Kyungsoo, resting his elbow on the latter's shoulder.

"Yep." Kyungsoo smiled at him sweetly.

"Did you call that guy from the cafe?" Joon asked.

"What guy?" Kyungsoo frowned not following.

"The guy you trained for a couple months back in Paris" Joon explained sitting. 

Kyungsoo sat in front of him, "Didn't, but I will... I wanted this to be real first."  He smiled as he said it.

"Then call him to handle it with you here,  you won't be able to watch everything once it's open. Besides, he's the only one that stayed with you for so long and been your personal trainer all that time."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll go where he works tonight. I guess I need to make a stop at my family's first." Kyungsoo said the last words a bit out of place.

"You haven't told them yet, have you?" Joon asked knowingly. 

"Uh..." Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head.

"You know it won't work like this." Joon said gently.

"I know,"  Kyungsoo replied looking down his knees, "But Joon, they're just too hard to be pleased.  And you know, since I went to Paris..." Kyungsoo stopped midsentence and pressed his lips knowing he spilled something wrong.
"Since what,  Kyungsoo? You're not talking for real, are you?" Joon asked while the other looked away.

"Kyungsoo, they're still your family for God sake! Even if they don't get along with you and don't agree on what you want to do in your life." Joon scolded him.
"Joon, they hate everything that I am, they never supported me, never believed in me. I had to go for my scholarship overseas without their permission to do what I really love." He sighed, "They wold never let me enter our kitchen! They know how much I love cooking and making cocktails. How couldfamily be so cruel?" Kyungsoo said feeling a lot hurt. Joon bent down and held Kyungsoo's hands,
"It's okay,  everyone loves and supports you. Even if your family still against it and hate it, it's okay now because we've made it this far, we've opened our own restaurant and it looks amazing, people are looking forward to it, you know!"

"Yes, I think it's true." Kyungsoo said, still feeling sad but giving Joon a light smile. Joon got up taking Kyungsoo's hand in his,
"Come on, we did it! We- DID- IT!"  He shouted and started tickling Kyungsoo everywhere and the latter laughed his heart out till he cried from laughter. After a while of playing around,
"Come on, let's go!" Joon said.

"Where?" Kyungsoo asked.

"To your family's... It's been a while for me, and I really won't let anything destroy our big day!"

"No, Joon. I think that's something I should do alone. You stay here, and prepare for the opening event."

"But-"

"No, it's okay, I'll be okay, I won't take too long, I have to pass by my traine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter