4- Second Chances

The Merge (EXO's Miracles in December)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm leaving mom!" Baekhyun yelled from the front door assuming his mother on the other side didn't hear him.

"Hey! That's not leaving for good, is it?"  She took giant steps and within seconds she was facing him.

"I can take no more of this nonsense. And no, mom it won't work this time. I am leaving! " He lowered his tone hoping his mother would understand she has nothing to do with it.

"People get drunk, you know!"  She said desperately at her son, not wanting him to leave. He rested his backpack on the floor and hugged her,
"Mom, you do know this has nothing to do with you, but the fact that he's my hyung, doesn't give him the space to take it all on me when he has nowhere else to put his anger! " He let go and pressed both his hands on her shoulders, looking in her sad eyes,
"Truthfully, the fact that he's my elder brother makes him more responsible of how he acts in front of me. Let alone how he treats me."

She couldn't hold her tears anymore and let it all out as his heart ached at the sight of his crying mother, but he was just full of his brother coming late every night, picking up fights with him and even hit him sometimes.

"Mother, if you were me, put yourself in my shoes, you're Baekhyun and you get to deal with this every day. And now, that you've taken the decision for what seems like the hundredth time, you're beautiful, flawless, a perfect mother is crying her heart out for you. What would you do? " He said, every word came right from deep inside him and she knew it.

She stopped crying and gave him her best smile and said, "Go!"

"What?"  He asked not following up.

"It's okay, go! " She smiled again at him.

He nodded before he turned his back at her and stood facing the world outside. Right, he thought to himself, the world won't be so nice to me, but I can take hits from strangers than taking them from my own family.
 
Clearing throat, then a straight yet sleepy voice came out after,
"Where do you think you're going?"  His brother said from inside the house.

Baekhyun and his mother exchanged looks, then he bent down and picked his bag,
"Mom, I'm leaving!"  He said with a tone only she would hear.

"I said, Where- do- you- think- you're going?"  His brother repeated as he approached both of them.

Baekhyun didn't even look at his brother, instead he kissed his mother's cheek, turned his back and before he made it out, his brother grabbed his wrist stopping him.

"Hyung, Let go! " Baekhyun said with a calm-managed tone, still his back facing the older one.


"Where are you going? " His brother asked again but softened his tone.

"I'm leaving, hyung..."

"Because of me?"

"Hyung, please just let me go! " Baekhyun asked his brother who lowered his hand and gently held his younger brother's palm in his,
"Baekhyun, would you just listen to me this time?"


Baekhyun finally looked at him, his brother looked at him sincerely, he meant it, and Baekhyun somehow felt that his brother is feeling sorry for the first time in ages.

He got inside and as they sat on the couch their mother ran inside, "I'll make you fresh juice."  She said excitedly and Baekhyun smiled at his runaway mother.

He sat awkwardly, his hyung is no calmer. The elder cleared his throat about three times, Baekhyun felt the other feeling so nervous, and, to be honest he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter