The Merge 7

The Merge (EXO's Miracles in December)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, morning Kim. Where are you?"
"I'm on my way.. Uhh, listen Chen, there's something I need to talk to you about, would you wait a while? I won't keep you too long."
Chen sighed, "Well, you know today's the opening, I should be there early." He said.
"Yeah, I know but you're also aware that it's me who cuts off or give people permission!" Joon replied Chuckling.
"Yah! Kim Joon! If it wasn't me who gave you permission to date my sister, you wouldn't- "
"Just kidding Chen.. Anyways, still an important thing though, I just hang up with Kyungsoo, he'll be late as well, something came up."
"Which only confirm the fact that one of the three of us should be there.. Man!" 
"Chen, I promise it'll only take few minutes. Okay?"
"Hmm, just GET here as soon as possible!"
"Yup!" 
Click!
"Chen, you don't have to babysit me all the time, you know!"  Lea said a bit frustrated at her brother.
"Well, if you take care of yourself!" Chen said still stirring the soup, "Kim is on the way." He said.
"I know, I heard. But, why are you still calling him that? Why don't you just call him Joon?" She asked. "Well, maybe because he turned out to be my boss at work?" Chen asked with the -an obvious fact- tone.
"Hmm.." 
Doorbells..
"Ahh, he's here, I'll get it." She said as she got up from the couch but Chen is faster, he pushed her down again and went to open the door, "Yah Chen!" She yelled as Joon entered smiling, "Wow, such a morning mood family! " He said and placed a kiss on her forehead, removed his coat and took a seat beside her, "How are you doing today, little Missy?" He asked her moving her hair behind her ear. "Yah, I told you I'm already late, give the love later. What is it that you wanted to say? " Chen asked as he put the tray in front of them with two bowels of hot soup. 
"Aren't you having some?" Lea asked but took the bowel as soon as Chen glared at her, then turning to Joon, "Well, there's 2 things.. Umm, a good one.. Actually an excellent one. And a.. Well, I'd say it's good, and I believe Lea agrees.. But.. Umm.. For you.. Well.." Joon hesitated not really knowing how Chen would react.
"Kim, please!" Chen said checking his watch. "Ah, yeah!.. Chen first of all you know, Lea and -"  Joon attempted to talk but Lea patted on his knee and cut him, he sighed in relief as she took the lead, "As we don't share the same father.. You're aware that our fathers are somewhere out there." She said and he nodded, "Well, about that.." She sighed, ".. You do share the same father with others." Lea said, an expressionless Chen is all they received, didn't say a word, raise an eye brow or even cleared his throat, he just sat there still looking at her.
"Chen?" She called him and well, Joon stood up and flicked his forehead, "Ah! That hurt!" Chen yelled at Joon who went back to his former place. "Have you been listening?" Lea asked a bit concerned about her brother's reaction."Yes.. And.. What does it have to do with me? " Chen asked making the two look at each other really not understanding his reaction. "Nothing, it's just.. Umm.. Chen, you're not surprised? Not shocked? " Lea asked, "I am." Chen replied looking away then again to his sister, "But I need to stay calm if I hope to understand, what does it have to do with me? Why should I know about it all of a sudden now before I go to an important day in work?.. And why does Joon know about this before me? How come he's the one who started the conversation?" He asked out loud all the questions that seemed popping in his head. "One of them accidentally turned to be a best friend of mine. And.. To be honest, Lea was afraid about how you would react." Joon answered. Chen stared at him then turned to his sister, "Why? Did you think I would lose my mind?" Chen asked."No, no. I just was too scared to tell you something I knew a while ago." She said then covered with her palm, Joon looked at her, "What?" He asked, but Chen stood up and went towards the window, he sighed, "Why now? " He asked.
"One of them needs help." Lea answered.
"You say there's others, why isn't anyone else helping?" Chen asked.
"They didn't know. Besides, it's too dangerous, he needs all the help he can get."
"Does he- who needs help, know?"
"No."
"Then, I'm leaving for work!" Chen said, he walked to his room, picked his backpack and went towards the door. 
"Chen" Joon called him as he approached Chen.
"What else?" Chen asked with his back turned to them.
"You're accepted in The Aviation Academy, you'll have to start your pilot training by the new year." Joon said anticipating.
Chen turned around, "What?" He asked with a cracked tone. Lea gasped and got up, she ran towards Chen and held him, "Oh my God Chen!.. Joon, are you sure?" 
"As never before!" Joon answered smiling while Lea kept holding the dazed Chen, "Congratulations brother! All your dreams are coming true one by one. Chen, I'm so happy. Oh my God!" She kept jumping and talking. Joon looked at them smiling so sweetly at the scene, while Chen stood dazed, he ended the hug and looked at Joon with teary eyes, "Are you sure?" He asked, Joon nodded, "Yes."
"How? " Chen asked. "I had to pay you back for what you did with the only woman I ever loved ." Joon replied. 
Chen then patted on Lea's head and smiled. He turned and left.

 

"Huh! Brothers? Danger?  And accepted! On my Opening?" Chen talked to himself as he walked down the street, then he stopped, "Isn't it just too much?" A tear ran down his cold cheeks. "And why is it too cold?" He asked looking around checking if he wasn't the only one who's feeling cold.
After confirming the fact that everyone's freezing, he put both his hands in his pockets and kept walking. His phone rang, he took it along with his hand out of his warm jacket, "Yes?" 
"Oh, Chen! Where are you?" Kyungsoo asked."On my way." Chen asked shivering from the cold, and the true facts that hit him minutes ago..
"Are you okay? Did something happen?" Kyungsoo sounded too worried.
"Yes, I'm fine. Anyways, are you there yet?" Chen asked.
"Yes, I'm there. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yes."
"Ah, listen, I have a call on the other line, if you don't feel like coming now, rest a while and come over at night." Kyungsoo said before he swapped the call and took the other one, "Joon."
"Kyungsoo, I'm at Lea's.. Listen, Chen just knew about the father, but I didn't get the chance to tell him it's you." Joon said a bit worried.
"Ah, I see.. That's why he sounded all dazed and confused." Kyungsoo replied as he turned to Kai, "Aaah." The younger understood as well. "It's alright, I'm waiting for him. I don't think he'll hate it so much." Kyungsoo said resting his fingers on the bar table, "Okay, don't be late." He hang up.
"Don't raise your hopes, not everyone acts nicely when they hear such things.. We're weirdos!" Kai said, Kyungsoo chuckled, "The thing that would make it easier for him that one is me. We spent some fine time in Paris together, I trained him, he was so depressed and down because he couldn't enlist in the International Pilot Academy, he wanted to be a pilot, so when we met and he was in such state, I adopted him and trained him.. Technically, he's going to work here as a chief and I will manage the bar." Kyungsoo explained to Kai who listened carefully learning about his second brother.
"How many do you think we are?" Kai asked resting his chin on his hand.
"Hmm.. I don't know, it's hard to guess also." He said then smiled widely, "But the more the better." They both chuckled at the thought of them sittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter