12- Isolation.. exiled..

The Merge (EXO's Miracles in December)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Send the Personal Guards to the borders!"
"What? We're fighting them?" 
"No, we're protecting our people."
"But the personal guards, Sir, then who'll protect you?"
"Am I making myself not clear enough? It's us who will be protecting them!
This is war, and I'm originally a soldier. These are my people and I'm not letting them to die for me. I will die protecting them."


15 hours earlier..

"Let the festival begin..."  The King's first secretary ordered, then every leg in the palace's court started dancing and swaying, every one's happy and cheering. Those people love their king. He knew what a human means, value and deserves. They respect him.
He is never the kind to let instincts lead him. He is a King by all means. 
"Your Majesty, why don't join the festival?"  The first guard asked the King. 
"Eeh, no, you know I'm not like this hyung." The King answered.
"Umm, Your Majesty, you don't have to-" The King interrupted him, "Why? should I deny the nature that brought you before me? Eeh, don't be sensitive about it!" The King said standing up, he put his hand on the First Guard's shoulder, "Besides, it's not like I hyung you in front of anyone, you see, even with you being my hyung, I'm still your king!" The first guard bowed politely. 
"Eeh, hyung, stop acting like this. You know, maybe we should pick a fight sometimes!" The King teased the elder.
"Fight?" 
"Yes, like in, fight with wooden swords?" The king said then he laughed, 
"God, why are you so stiff?" He approached his guard and put his fingers on his waist, starting to tickle him, the other couldn't hold it in and laughed till his tears fell on his cheeks.
"You're such a humorous King!" The first guard said wiping his tears away.
"Watch your language, Guard!" The King said trying to stiffen his tone.
"My apologies, Your Majesty" He bowed.
"God, hyung! You're unbelievable!" The King said poking him on the shoulder and walking towards the balcony, "Come see how happy our people are.. There's no more joy in the world than protecting those who you really love, and seeing them happy. This is double the joy, my people's love and happiness..." The King said with all the satisfaction and sincerity that ever existed in the world.
 "Your Majesty..." The guard had something to say.
"Yes, hyung?" The king answered still looking at the dancing down there."You know how much I love my family.. I need to protect them." He said and The King turned to him concerned, "What?"
"They're in danger." He let it out and the The King starred at him.
"What danger? What's going on Jung? What the hell is happening with your family?" The King freaked out. "They were kidnapped by the Outsiders" Jung said looking down.
"Guards!" He shouted enough for them to hear. 
"When did it happen?" The king asked as he walked towards his drawer opening it and bringing something out of it.
"Last Week." Jung answered with his head still down.
"Are you kidding me? Last week?" The King yelled at him angrily. 
"And you've been preparing for the festival all week instead of checking with your family? Seriously?" The King was really angry and annoyed. 
"Your Majesty" The guards he called for are now in and waiting for the orders. 
"Get out!" The King said and they did. He's angry more than ever.
"Why Jung? Why on earth haven't you told me? Why did you keep it in? Why haven't you gone after them?" The last question was indeed in yelling mode.
"It's complicated. This festival is something that people wait for as long as it takes. It doesn't even has a standard date of the year. And it's something big to the Royal Family Since anyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter