Chapter 4

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One time, she came to school all sick. She seemed to be having a fever. I asked her out of concern. 

"Why are you in school?"

"I have to. Exams are coming soon. If I'm not here who would help you?"

Awww~~ Shin Hye, how can I ever not thank you for this.

She did helped me a lot in my school work. I understood when she taught me, but I couldn't understand when the teacher explained to me. Either I am hopeless or Shin Hye had magic powers. But because she had pushed her body too hard, she fell ill the next 3 days. She was not around in school. She was at home recuperating from her illness.  I felt lousy when she is not around. If only she knew. But even she knew what difference would it make right? That's what I told myself.

Finally she's back! But.. it was already the exam period. No more sitting beside her. We had to sit according to our class registration numbers and she was far away from me. Sigh~~ 

I did my exam. I thought I did well. But when I received my papers, I didn't manage to score as well as she does. She emphatised with me. But she did not want to prolong that sad moment she decided to change topic. She told me that she would be joining this nationwide movement to discourage students from smoking. They are having a street soccer competition. An inter-class competition. Honestly, looking at the teams, our class had the most potential to be champions. I would always come down to watch the matches to support my class and well to cheer for her too. She scored the winning goal for the finals. and our class was crowned the champion. She was so delighted that day that she gave me a treat; an ice lolly. 

We finally received our report books to see our class standings and also which class we would be going to. We were separated again. The ride stopped there and then. I was sad. I don't really know if she was as well. She looked indifferent. Then we had that chat. The chat that would lead to something I could never had imagined. Remember the letter I talked abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter