Chapter 17

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, she was not by my side. I panicked. I went out of the bedroom to see her sitting at the balcony over looking the Han River. I felt a sense of relieved. I walked towards her and gave her a back hug and a kiss on her shoulder.

“Good morning Shin Hye..”

“Neh… Good morning to you too. Coffee?” She asked me as she offered her mug.

“I’d love too.” I took the mug and took a sip from it.

“Wow… This is certainly a perk me up!” I said.

I’m glad that day was Sunday because it meant that I could spend the day with her. But at the same time I was unhappy because the next day is Monday. That means the start of a working week. For the first time in my life I felt like I truly would experience the real meaning of ‘Monday Blues’. Am I addicted to Shin Hye? I think so. As I was busy in my thoughts, she left for the kitchen to refill the mug for us to share the coffee she brewed again. I did not what she thought of it but I thought this small gesture of her further increased my hope in making her believe in another person again, in particular me. I smiled to myself.

She came back to her seat and spoke.

“Min Ho…”

“Neh?”

“I am scared…”

“Scared of?”

“Us.”

“Why? Tell me about it?”

“How we left that night after breaking off that business deal, I dare not switch my phone on. I do not know how Madamme Ann would react.”

“Money is not an issue. I will reimburse her lost.”

“But the business deal? You and your dad?”

“I’ll know how to handle him...”

“You sure? What if he found out you broke off the deal because of some ?”

“He shall not find out.”

“I still worry.”

“You shouldn’t. Trust me.”

“Trust is a huge thing Min Ho. Don’t use it loosely like you are doing now.”

“I am not. I mean it.”

“I rather hear you tell me that you are just using me for now and would leave once the fun is over. I’ll be more forgiving then.”

“Shin Hye ya~~ Please don’t say things like that.”

Shin Hye just gave me a smile, a bittersweet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter