Chapter 22

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye called me after a week her mum had passed on....

“Can we meet?”

“Woah! This is the first! You’re asking me out?”

“Orh.. If you want to look at it that way... Sure…”

“Sure! When? What time?”

“Hmmm... This Friday at 8 p.m."

"Where?"

"Hmmm... I'll pick you up.."

"You? Pick me up?" I asked Shin Hye, confused.

"Yeah.. I will..."

"Okay.. From work?"

"Yeah... Text me the details okay?"

"Alright."

Friday...

"I'm here... are you done with work?"

"Soon.. give me 5 minutes okay?"

"Alright..."

For the first time, a lady waited for me and picking me up from work. It was unconventional but coming from Shin Hye it was not something surprising. I was excited to meet her.. I missed her a lot. She replied me with short messages that I was worried. So I was more surprised she asked me to meet her rather than the fact that she was picking me up from work. I left my car at the office's carpark and met her at the lobby.. There she was waiting for me with a bike... A bike.. A motorcycle...

 

"Woah... A bike?"

"Yeah.."

"When?"

"2 days ago.."

And she handed me a helmet...

"Hop on.."

"Where to?"

"You'll know when we get there.."

"Okay..."

I was more than excited... From the way she dressed, it seems like the old Shin Hye was back.. She was still beautiful no denying that fact.. But the attitude.. That attitude that attracted me when we were in primary school.. That badass attitude seemed to be oozing out of her that day... 

And she sped her way through till we reached our elementary school premises...

"It's been a loooong time.."

"Yeah it is..." she said.

"Why here?" I asked.

"Well... You first met your friend here isn't it? Well not exactly here... But we ARE in our old neighbourhood..."

"We are getting old and yet the school remains and standing tall..." She continued.

"Are they still using the school as an elementary school?" I asked.

"Hmmm I have no idea... Maybe.. maybe not.. I don't know... But we can find out isn't it?"

"How? Internet?" 

"Gosh.. Min Ho ya~~ We do it the old school way..."

"How? What do you mean?"

"The gate.."

"Mwo?! It's locked."

"Yeah I know.. I meant over the gate..."

And so we climbed over.. We trespassed the premise... She was still as atheletic and agile as she used to be. And we got over the gate safely.

"It brings back memories uh?" She said.

"Yup.. It sure does.."

"Where shall we go first?" She asked.

"Hmmm... the hall.. the assembly hall.."

"Okay.."

So we manouvered our way through the dark places guided by the light from our mobile phones... Even though it's been a long time, our bodies seemed to memorise the way and finally led us to the assembly hall.

"So why the as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter