Chapter 14

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't hide my shock and my disappointment. And I believed it was obvious to Shin Hye as she broke that awkward silence.

"You see, what difference does it make by telling you? It's just going to be one more person who will be judging me."

"At least as Cassandra, people are judging me based on my occupation and solely occupation...."

"But you... you know me.. as Shin Hye and Cassandra... Do you have the slightest idea about how I would feel about it?" 

At that point of time I didn't know how to answer her. I couldn't figure out myself either then. How I felt about what she had just told me. It's like swallowing a pill with a dry throat and without water to wash it down with. 

I wanted to know so much about what happened to her. Now that I know, what am I to do about it? What was I supposed to do with the whole chunk of information to process, digest and understand? But at that point of time, I remembered feeling that I needed to be there for her and not to walk away. That was the first step I took to establish myself in her life.

"Well Shin Hye, sorry to break it to you... whether you like it or not... I am here to stay. I need you to start believing again."

"You are going to get yourself into trouble Min Ho. It's a mess that you don't have to clear. I confessed to deter you not to rope you into this tangled web!"

"Why are you so adamant Min Ho.. Stubborn?!"

"You taught me that characteristic really well Shin Hye."

"Goodness gracious!"  She exclaimed.

I walked towards her and embraced her. A tight embrace. An assured embrace as I whispered to her;

"Whatever you've confessed just now is not making me walk the other way Shin Hye and I need you to believe that. I need you to start trusting another person again, and I would love that to be me."

She couldn't control her emotions any longer and broke down. Hard. She cried in my arms for the first time. And I certainly appreciate that moment. I was able to comfort her most raw inner feelings and it felt good. I admit she was broken but it gave me hope to repair what she deemed to be non-repairable. 

That night she cried herself to sleep. She slept in my arms. I was awoken by her sobs in the middle of the night but would hush her to sleep again. I'm not sure if she knew she was sobbing in her sleep. I was worried about her. I didn't think by asking her to stop working as an right away would be a good choice. In my eyes yes.. but hers.. I doubt it. She had t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter