Chapter 29

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited for potential employers to call me... But none did...

It was as if my dad had contacted all of his network and barred them from hiring me... I was ashamed of myself because I was living off Shin Hye. How can I do that? But she was there for me throughout. She stuck by me and I couldn't be more happier.

One day, I received a call telling me that I will be having an interview with an international logistic company. I was glad and shared the good news with Shin Hye.

That night, she ironed my shirt and suit to be worn for the interview. She even coordinated my tie and shoes. She was happy for me after the long wait of no calls. Who would have known that joy was only to last a few moments...

While I was out for the interview, Shin Hye received a call from an unknown number. She answered the call...

"Yobeosaeyo?"

"This is Min Ho's dad. I would like to meet you today at 11 am at this restaurant in Gangnam-gu."

"Neh Ahboenim."

She went to meet my dad alone at the restaurant.

"So you are seeing my son.."

Shin Hye kept quiet.

"What makes you think you're good enough for my son?"

"I don't think I'll ever be good enough.. But I know I can make him happy.."

"Happy? Like what? Like the way you make your clients happy?"

"Don't think that I don't know who you are.... Seoul is small for a man like me ahgasshi..."

Shin Hye tears fell down from her cheeks.

"I really don't feel like talking to you much... I suggest you take this money and leave my son alone..."

"I don't mean to disrespect you sir..."

"But men like you, I could twirl round my fingers if I wanted to... But that was all in the past and I love your son more than you love him I suppose; since you are willing to sell your son away for the sake of business.."

"What a very rude young lady you are... I think you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter