Chapter 33

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things progress naturally from then on.

Nothing was causing us problems and there were no disturbances from third parties. Of course there would be occasional argument when messages were not replied or phone calls were not answered but that was about it. 

My brother found love too.. After the first one met with a tragic ending. Not that he had forgotten about them. But I guess he had finally moved on from that phase of his life. He found love in the nurse that was helping him care for Ahboeji. She was a nice lady... A single mum with a young child. He was not sure at first... But I guess there must be instances where he was convinced to get married to her..

As for me.. I proposed... I did get married to Shin Hye after alll these years.. It was during one of our trips overseas. We took vacations whenever we had the time. That time we went to Singapore for our vacation. It was a short one 5 days 4 nights. We went there to be inspired  for her cooking because Singapore was known to be a melting pot for many different cuisines. The last night of our stay there, I proposed to her. 

We were staying in this ShangRi La resort in Sentosa. The last night, after dinner, she went ahead to the room first while I was nervous and busy preparing for the proposal. She didn't suspect anything because I told her I was having stomach troubles and did not want to make the whole room smell because of it. Sometimes she can be as naive as this. But well it worked that time.

So when I entered the room, she was there lying on the bed, innocently asking me if my tummy was well... 

I nodded and did not speak... and proceeded with the proposal... I sat settled beside her on the bed...

I had written on a scrapbook words I wanted to tell her like a storybook..

 

Once upon a time... There was a girl and a boy... The boy fell in love with the girl at the very first sight.. At the playground. The girl didn't know the boy had been carrying a torch for her all the time... and was rejected badly one day in November. The boy was very sad... But that flame of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter