Chapter 13

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I managed to convince my dad to allow me to live on my own. My brother who knew about it remained quiet but he did help me in finding the appropriate apartment since he has been working in a hospital in Gangnam area. He remained tight-lipped and did not reveal anything to my dad which I am thankful for. Someday I told myself that I had to come clean to him about Shin Hye. 

So I wasted no time in my search for Shin Hye. After multiple times of meeting business clients, she was not present at those meetings. Finally, as if my prayers were answered. I saw her again. She looked gorgeous as usual but indifferent. She showed no reaction towards my presence. But I couldn't stand watching her being d by the client that I am supposed to have a business deal with. She was clearly uncomfortable. Different from how I've seen her behaved with her previous clients. Was my judgement driven by my own desires towards having her or was it based on a normal point of view I am not sure. But she definitely flinched at certain actions made by the client and tonight was the most number of times she excused herself to go to the ladies. 

By the time she came back, and for the umpteenth time the client crossed the line, I could not hold back anymore. 

"Sorry Mr. Oh, I think you have crossed the line and has made her feel uncomfortable." I said as I stopped him by grabbing his wrist. 

"Ya! What do you think you're doing? Don't you want the business anymore?" He threatened me.

"A small scale deal like yours; you can take that deal and shoved up your rear-hole. And if you'd excuse us we will be making a move."

I released the grip of his and held Shin Hye's hand and exit the room.

Even as she struggled, I did not let go and march on till we reached my car. I did not give her time to talk at all and I drove all the way to the cottage that I had brought her to before.

She wanted to be let out but I had locked all doors automatically, till she gave up and silence loomed in the car. 

Finally, we reached the cottage.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"You left without a word."

"I left you a note."

"You think that's enough?"

"Honestly? Yes."

"Seriously, if you're not going to tell me, I'm going to force it out of you. You're torturing me."

"In what way? Look, you were perfectly fine before you met me..."

"That's what I try to show to everyone. The facade that I'm having to be the perfect son to my father." 

"What do you want from me?"

"Tell me..."

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me your story! I want to know what happened to you?!"

"If I tell you, will you let me go?"

"If it is reasonable enough I will." 

"Reasonable enough? How will that be fair to me?"

"Do you even think for once that you are being treated fairly at this moment?" I challenged her.

"The scale is balanced." Was all she replied me with.

"Shin Hye yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter