Chapter 3

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was definitely not the smartest of the bunch of kids. I was usually placed in the bottom half of the class even though I was placed in the better class when we were in grade 1. But I could never seem to catch up on my studies. I couldn't understand most of my work and teachers were not particularly liking me for having to keep asking questions about school work. I attended extra classes but it did not seem to improve my grades. I did not know if I was just slow then or it was because I paid too much attention on her that I had her in my mind most of the time. 

She had to join a kind of club that watches over the kids' weight. Every recess time for them, they had to be out on the field to run two rounds round the field before they are allowed to eat. I remembered seeing her cry when her porridge was thrown away the teacher because the teacher thought that it would increase her weight further. But like I've mentioned before, even though she had some extra weight thst she carried around, she was never slow and very active when it comes to sports; especially soccer. She loved soccer. Having a brother around influenced her as well. She used to tell me how she supported Arsenal because she found the team to be cool and had great players. She secretly wishes to assume the role as a shooter, at least that's what she assumes it to be but her brother would always made her a goalie, and because of that she started to like David Seaman. She thought that he was, I quote, freaking cool! When she was allowed to assume the role of a shooter, she kicks better with her left leg even though she was a dominant right-hander making her brother dubbed her as Paul Gascoigned. I missed this moments when we --- my brother, her brother, her and myself would play soccer together near the park. 

The neighbourhood we lived in isn't all rich but it was not a ghetto either by today's standard. It was just the kind of neighbourhood with the right amount of parenting type of neighbourhood. Parents weren't too strict about making their child study and always study and parents weren't too lenient or could not care less about their child studies either. We were allowed to be children and also to actually care about our own future as well.

Finally, we were in grade 5. In the same class. I think I should thank the teacher-in-charge of the class as I think I owed her a lot. Reason being, not only was I in the same class as her, but I managed to sit beside her. I wanted to thank the school system too then. For that year, they wanted to try out to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter