His Promise

Reactivate Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took two months for Kwang Soo to be fully recovered from his illness. He had given his best to be fully recovered in a short period. Throughout his hard time, his family and close friends were always there while giving him a fully support.

When he’s healthy enough to be back with his work, things didn’t go well as he expected. His contract as an actor was now canceled without any further notice. His company was worry enough to carry on with their contract due to his previous illness. Kwang Soo’s manager wasn’t pleased with their action and had the mind of bringing it to the court for justice, but Kwang Soo reject with that idea. Kwang Soo never blames his company for that action, yet he still went over and thanked his CEO for his kindness and guidance since he stepped into the industry.

_________________________________________________________

Filming Running Man was tough enough with only six members left. Sometimes while they are filming, they just blurted out Ji Hyo’s name without realizing. They had forgotten that she was no longer part of the show. The usual Angry Bird background song too, was no longer played on the show anymore.

"To be honest, I miss Miss Mong so much." Jae Suk confessed while they are filming for a new episode of Running Man. They were doing a mission on a restaurant. Usually when it comes to food mission, Ji Hyo was the one who was always excited. "Without the only lady in the show… it felt so different."

"So do I. And Ji Hyo is the only lady who dares to threaten us by those nasty bites. Remember she bit Jong Kook’s chest in one of the previous show?" HaHa evoked those old scenes of Ji Hyo's dark side. They were years back, but it's still fresh in their mid.

Their smile then died out. Thinking back how active was Ji Hyo. Without knowing, HaHa shattered into tears on screen. He barely showed himself crying on the show. But this time, he just misses Ji Hyo badly.

"Is there anyone else who wish to give a little message to our Ji Hyo?" Suk Jin asked while taking off his glasses to wiped off his tears. "How about you, Kwang Soo? Any words?"

"I… I miss you, Ji Hyo. You treated me differently compare to other person. You used to pull my hair, smack me, and even bite me when you are mad. To be honest, I just missed those scenes." Kwang Soo paused and started to sniff his red nose. He’s about to cry anytime soon. "I love you, Ji Hyo. Why did you leave? I wish that you stay…" Jong Kook watched the little man and gave him a hug. The hug had caused Kwang Soo to wail, full of pain and sadness. He let his tears gushed out, showing how deeply upset he is.

"Cry as much you want, Kwang Soo. Gwaenchana.." Jong Kook patted on the lanky man’s back. Their sad atmosphere was getting deeper that they were given a short break from filming to calm themselves.

_________________________________________________________

The three months has passed since Kwang Soo rejoined the show. Myeok PD had made a big announcement that they had agreed to end the show with another final two episodes. The rest decided to respect with the decision, however Kwang Soo was unwilling to end the show. Thinking that the rest are being selfish to end the show, he stomped off from the meeting room rudely and went into the elevator.

"Kwang Soo-ah!! Wait!!" Gary called out and tried to reach him, but he has entered into the elevator. He hit on the ground floor button and went off from the building. Snow wasn't pouring from the sky anymore, but leaving the street covered with pure white snow. The weather was chilly, but he couldn’t feel how cold it was. He just felt his face was burning hot, as if he’s about to cry, but that never happens. He could hear young kids who were laughing happily at the play park while tossing the snowball to each other. Kwang Soo didn’t know what else to do, but only watched the kids who were in a happy mode.

As he takes his time watching the kids in the snowball fight, his eyes then caught on an elderly man. Who was only few years older compare to Suk Jin’s age, using a walking stick to support himself. And it hit him in the mind. He always heard Suk Jin’s complaint whenever they filmed for the show. He then understands the show ended wasn’t because of the poor rating, but due to their age which was no longer fit enough to be on the extreme show. He made a call to Myeok PD and apologies for his rude action. He then told Myeok PD that he agrees with the decision.

He too didn’t want to see Jong Kook who would suffer in pain after the show, and obviously he didn’t want to see how exhausted Suk Jin will be after the show. Their age was catching up that they wouldn’t be as active as the early episodes.

_________________________________________________________

While they are taking their ten minutes break, they separate into different rooms to get a proper rest. Not knowing what to do, Kwang Soo decided to look for Jong Kook. He wished to speak with Jong Kook who was resting at the rest area which was located two rooms away from the meeting room. When Kwang Soo was outside of the rest area, he could hear Jong Kook who moaned in pain. He peeped at the tiny spot from the door and spotted how Jong Kook was in serious bad pain. A packet of ice pack was placed on his back. He was suffered with his old injuries once again. "Hyung..." Kwang Soo blurted out softly while opening the door widely, and Jong Kook heard him.

"Owh hey Kwang Soo.." Jong Kook seemed pleased to see his dongseang who stop by at the room. "Come and sit with me. It’s bored for me to sit here all alone." Jong Kook patted the empty spot next to him.

  "Erm.. Where's Gap Jin hyung?"

"Don’t talk about that man.. He left just because he’s got a date with his girlfriend." They two started to burst into laughter with the joke. "No seriously.. That’s really true." Jong Kook explained, with a smile.

"So how's your back doing?" Kwang Soo asked in concerned and finally rested himself on the seat beside Jong Kook.

"Getting better. It comes and goes. Don’t worry about that, Kwang Soo." Kwang Soo was relief to hear about it, but later on he remained silent. He just didn’t know what to say. "Hey..What’s wrong?" Jong Kook asked after seeing his dongseang who looked uncomfortable.

"Nothing... I'm just thinking."

"Of?" Jong kook was sure that Kwang Soo was thinking of Ji Hyo. Most of the time he seen Kwang Soo who would still lose his focus on his work. "About Seong-Im??" Jong Kook added. It's been a while that Jong Kook called her actual name in his life. All these while, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter