Her Hard Decision

Reactivate Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His treatment was at first been covered up by the help from his agency and manager, till one night, rumor had been spreading around. The news of him are on everywhere, including on the internet.

 

"LEE KWANG SOO WAS SPOTTED AT ASAN MEDICAL CENTRE LAST NIGHT FOR FURTHER TREATMENT. HIS ILLNESS CURRENTLY STILL REMAINED UNKNOWN 

 

Suk Jin thrown out the latest newspaper on the table and asked "Jong Kook-ah.. What’s with the news anyway?" The five men had gathered up for a quick meeting at Gary's restaurant. It's been their usual spot for years when they decided to gather for a meal. “I thought you say that he’s getting well. But why did he transfer out of sudden?”

"Tell us.. What's the point of us as a family if you didn't reveal out the truth?" HaHa begged him. 

"Hyung.. What’s going on actually?" Gary came into the conversation while holding a tray filled with food that they ordered earlier.

"Kwang Soo…" Jong Kook blurted out sadly after letting out a big sigh. "He's sick." He wasn't sure of telling them the truth, or just keeping it as a secret. He hates to keep it all in his heart, but he was afraid people might spread unwanted rumors around, causing Kwang Soo to suffer even more.

"Sick?? What sick?" They questioned him with their brows been crushed. They were frustrated enough as Ji Hyo and Jong Kook never spilled out the updated news about Kwang Soo.

Jong Kook began to flash back the time when he saw Kwang Soo who couldn't control his temper. It's a nightmare for Jong Kook to witness his lovable dongseang who suffered these much. "Depression… He attempted suicide on the day we are about to transfer him. He almost hurt Ji Hyo as well."

"It sounds really bad. Do you think his parents know about this?" HaHa inquire whether does his parents know about the news.

"Well of course they know about this, dumbo!" Jae Suk flicked his finger on HaHa’s forehead for the silly question. HaHa yelp in pain with the sudden punishment. "It's on the newspaper.. I’m sure they read the content as well." Jae Suk added.

Suk Jin was shaken to hear that news. Of course he treated Kwang Soo just as his own family. And Kwang Soo is just like his foster son besides than Hyun Woo. "I'm still surprised after I read the newspaper this morning. So how is Ji Hyo doing?"

Jong Kook had hardly speaks to Ji Hyo ever since that incident, where Kwang Soo stabbed himself. He wanted to keep an eye on Ji Hyo since she barely takes good care of herself, but he made a conclusion that she's doing fine. "She’s fine I guess.. Just a little shock."

"You guess??" They demand for a better answer from Jong Kook.

"I didn't speak to her for a day or two. Even if I tried to, it's her manager who answers the call."

Gary slams on the table, making a loud bang noise that frightens the others. "I suggest we should visit her later.. Should we?" Gary gives out a suggestion.

"You know that she doesn’t like visitors intruding her house right?" Suk Jin stares at Gary with an uncertain expression. Gary understand of the consequences of invading Ji Hyo's house, but he was really worried of Ji Hyo that he wouldn’t mind of the idea that popped out from his mind. "Of course I know about that, hyung.. But we are her family isn’t it? But I’m sure she doesn’t mind about it."

Jong Kook gave a nod and agrees with Gary’s suggestion. "Kurre.. I will give her a call now then." Jong Kook speaks and excused himself to make a call. He key in her number and hit on the green button. It beeps a few times, but Ji Hyo doesn’t answer it. "Strange… She would answer it if I call her." He spoke to himself with curiosity.

"So how??" Gary asked when Jong Kook takes his empty seat right next to him.

Jong Kook shrugged his broad shoulders and speaks. "She’s not answering my call.."

"I guess she’s worn out. Did you see how exhausted she was ever since Kwang Soo was admitted?" The others agreed with Jae Suk's question. Though Ji Hyo never complain how exhausted she went, they could read it from her expression. "It's like she's too worry of everything. I somehow didn't understand why does their relationship goes ups and downs?"

 

As the men continued with their talk while taking their meal, Jong Kook’s phone vibrated hard in his pocket, and he let out a hard breath. He looked at his phone, seeing Ji Hyo's name.

 

"Oppa mianhae I didn’t pick up your call. I was in the washroom when I receive your call. I’m on my way to visit Kwang Soo. We can meet up there if you want to." -Ji Hyo

 

​He smiled, but was worry of her at the same time. "What if she's still sick after all these days??" He asked himself in his mind. He began to pressed the key buttons and send a reply to her.

"Kurre… I’m having a half day off. So let’s meet then. Anyway… I had told the others about Kwang Soo’s situation. You wouldn’t be mad at me for saying that right?" -Jong Kook

 

It didn't take that long, and Jong Kook received another reply from her.

"Aniya.. Why should I be mad? Instead, I should be grateful of your action. I had no idea how to voice out about that matter to them. Thanks again. See you later, Jong Kook oppa!" -Ji Hyo

 

"Hyung… Who’s that you were texting?" HaHa jerked his chin, asking who Jong Kook was texting to.

"It's Ji Hyo… She’s on the way to the hospital now. If you are all finished with your meals, let’s move then.. I texted her that we all are going together." The men nodded and finally left the restaurant after paying their meals separately.

_________________________________________________________

"I told you that she’s bringing bad luck to our family! Look what has she done to our son!!!" An elderly woman raised her voice in public, ignoring the passersby who overhear the conversation.

"Please.. You are distracting everyone in the hospital. Let’s just get somewhere privacy and talk okay?" The elderly man speaks with a calm tone, unlike his wife who was furious. "No!! I want to talk here, right now!: Her expression was showing how angry she went. 

"I'm sorry eomoni." Ji Hyo apologies sincerely while looking down at her shoes. She dare not to look into the elderly's eyes. 

  "Don’t you sorry to me! Apologizing doesn’t help me to feel better. My son is in this state and it’s all because of you!! How can he fell in love with you?!"

"Yeobo-ah~" Kwang Soo’s dad tried to stop his wife from causing much chaos, but she completely ignore him. Every mean words she revealed, leaves a deep cut in Ji Hyo's feelings. But she remains still, and forced herself to not cry. She didn't want to show them how weak she is, especially in public.

"Guys look… It’s Kwang Soo’s parents and Ji Hyo." HaHa pointed ahead when he saw the familiar figures. All men started to walked hurriedly towards them without knowing what happened between the two ladies.

"You ruin everything!!! Even my son’s life!" She end up shouting at her with an unpleasant tone. She raised her hand and slapped Ji Hyo’s cheek hard. They could hear how loud the smack was. The men including Kwang Soo’s dad was shock of her sudden action. They immediately put an end to them from doing much scene.

"Eomeoni… Wh-what are you doing?" Jae Suk asked politely though he was absurd to see what happened a while ago.

"Ji Hyo-ah..Gwaenchana?" Gary asked nervously while examining her cheek where she was been slapped. But she wasn’t responding on him. Her eyes were watered and  she could feel her cheek was scorching hot. . "Ji Hyo.. Answer me please." Gary questioned her again. She pushed Gary aside, away from her sight and kept it on Kwang Soo’s mother.

She only remain silent and lowered her head again. "I'm sorry.. It’s all my fault." Ji Hyo kneeled down on the floor. She rubbed her hands and asked for forgiveness from Kwang Soo's mom.

"Ji Hyo-ah.." Jong Kook and Suk Jin voiced out with a sympathy tone at the same time. It was their first time seeing Ji Hyo who went so down. Sympathy was shown from the others after witnessing their strong Ace in this situation. "Get up, Ji Hyo.." HaHa hold on her one arm and tried of pulling her up, but she still remain strong on kneeling on the ground.

"No.. I won’t get up till eomeoni allow me to." Ji Hyo made her final call. 

"Yeobo..  Please. It’s not her fault for what happened to our Kwang Soo." Kwang Soo’s dad tried to explain.

She looked at her husband with a flare. She didn't know why her husband would react that way. She's still wondering why would he be such a kind hearted man after all these incident happened on their son. "Not her fault?? So it’s my fault?!" She then looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter