New Neighbor

Reactivate Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Hi readers.. Apologize for the super late update. Thanks to kookiemonglover for the vote up. And a little shout out to kwanglyn15 who has been supporting and also cheering me all the time. Really appreciate that. I have to say sorry if this chapter is a little boring, since there's no involvement of Kwang Soo in it. Feel free to leave a comment after reading it. Hope you have a great day! ^^

 

"Noona.. Are you heading back to Korea already?" Dave asked since he saw Ji Hyo who had her luggage in the rented car. His expression doesn't seem to be miserable despite the fact that he was actually upset to see her leaving. He has been clinging to Ji Hyo ever since she came down to visit him. Without realizing, she was in Philippines for the whole month.

 

She brushed his scruffy hair and return with an answer. "Probably not for now, Dave. Actually...I made a last minute plan of visiting my friend from overseas."

 

"But noona…" His tone sounds uneasy with her decision. "You should be heading back to Korea by now. Don't you miss Kwang Soo hyung? Noona hadn't seen hyung for the whole month." Dave spoken suspiciously. He was getting curious on why she never had the plan of heading back to her country though she’s been away for a long period. Dave tired of asking her the truth for almost a thousand times, but eventually Ji Hyo would switch the topic to avoid answering the question. She too never mentioned about her decision to leave Kwang Soo for good. The reason why she didn't mention is to avoid Dave from misunderstanding about the matter since he was still young to understand adult situation..

 

"I just wanted to travel somewhere for a moment. I wish I could stay longer with you.. But-" She didn’t know what to say. She just loves the simple life in Philippines, but she just couldn’t stay too long.

 

"Noona.. It’s okay. I understand why you need to go." He came forward and gave her a surprising hug, leading Ji Hyo to be speechless. Eventually she replied by hugging him too. "But can I still send you letters, just as usual?" Dave asked after letting her off from his hug.

 

He just loves sending letters when he had the chance. There’s has been countless of letters that they had sent to each other for the past few years, and Ji Hyo was still keeping them neatly. She even brought part of the letters that Dave wrote and shown him that she always cherish his hard work of sending letters to her. When Dave wanted to post new letters, he would have to walk 30 minutes to the nearest post office.

 

  "Of course you can, Dave.. I will drop by a letter with the address, and you can send it as much as you want."

 

"As much as I want?" Dave asked to make sure what he heard was true. He was afraid to send letters to her frequently till that she would be annoyed with him.
 

She nods with his question. "As much as you want. I will miss you so much, Dave." She confessed and literally breaks into tears.

 

"Aey.. Noona has been crying so much." Dave wiped off the tears from her and gave a warm smile. "Noona need to be strong for yourself.. And for the baby."

She knew that what Dave said was true. She couldn’t be so weak hearted anymore. She made a promise to Dave and herself to be a strong lady. Her emotion had been affected the baby too much and she didn’t want that to happen once more. "I will.. Take care of yourself, Dave. Send my regards to your family too. When the baby arrives, I will send you a photo of it." She gave a quick peck on his cheek, appreciating him as his dongseang.

 

"Noona… I-" Dave started to choked into tears. She didn’t want to cry again since she made a vow of being strong, but when she sees Dave who was sobbing, she joined him as well.

 

"Yah Dave.. You asked me to be strong.. But look at you too. You are crying." Ji Hyo could only give him a comfort with a long hug and they both cried in the hug. "Baby Dave~" She mumbled with a sob.

 

"Saranghaeyo, Ji Hyo noona.." Dave whispered in her ear with his accent. He showed his love to Ji Hyo as a siblings love, and he truly appreciate how caring she is towards her after all these years.

 

It took a while and the hug was then been broken off. Dave sniffed as he wiped off the tears with his sleeves and finally walks off heavily. Of course he did stop and looked back a few times, seeing Ji Hyo with the puffy eyes after the cry. She waves a bid farewell and they both headed into two different paths.

_________________________________________________________

 

She didn’t plan ahead of going back to Korea anymore, but of course she never tell anyone about her sudden plan. Even if she made a last minute decision of staying in Korea, she wouldn't have a proper home to stay. Her only apartment in Korea was already been rented to a friend of hers.

 

All she knows that she just had the sense of heading to the usual country that she confessed her love towards Kwang Soo. Finland was part of the country that she could reminisced their happy moment together. She was all alone at first, feeling stupid enough for not planning earlier to settle herself in a foreign country. With luck after staying few nights in a motel, she managed to rent a house for herself in a small town area, just a few kilometers from the forest where Vi's house was located. The house was already well-furnished by the previous owner, where Ji Hyo wouldn't need to spend on new furniture to furnished the house. That's a fresh start for her in to adapt with a new environment. It turns out too that she get a friendly neighbor, who’s a doctor.

 

"Hello there, new neighbor!" The man chirped happily while greeting Ji Hyo, who was jingling out the house key from her pants pocket. "Korean?" He asked since she doesn't seemed like a local citizen. She nod without speaking a word. "I’m Samuel.. Good to see you here.” He gave a handshake and she responded with it too. “Need some help? I can do them for you. It looks heavy for you after all."

 

Ji Hyo really appreciate his great humanity, but she didn’t want him to do so. Especially when she barely get know about that man few seconds ago. After all, there’s only a heavy luggage that she’s currently using. He didn’t hesitate and help her to carry the heavy luggage into her house. "Tt-thank you Samuel.. That's so kind of you." She replied with an awkward sensation in her. Since Samuel is her first guest who stepped into her rented house, she rushed to the kitchen to get something for him. But since there's nothing in it, she could only serve a cup of drinking water and gave him. She felt ashamed for treating her guest in an unpleasant way. He just nodded and drank them hungrily, as if he hasn't drank them for years.

 

With another gulp of the drink, he started to choked. She patted on his back gently to ease him. "There's no need to rush to drink them." Once he was cooled down, he thanked for her help. There was a quiet environment later then, till she could hear something grumbling close to her. At first, she had the mind that it was the thunder roaring in they sky, but she remembered that the sky wasn't dark earlier. She then gave the expression and Samuel was grinning with ashamed. "Erm.. Are you hungry?" She asked him, with a curious tone.

 

He just chuckled while scratching the back of his head. Obviously he hasn't get his meal yet. "I skipped my dinner last night, and I didn't have the time for my breakfast just now." "Say... Would you like to join me for a meal?" He blurted out without thinking twice. It took her for a moment to think of his offer. She's glad that someone was kind of invi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter