The Frozen Lake II

Reactivate Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing Ji Hyo who fell into the water caused his mind to be blank for a second. He screamed for help, but there was none. With no choice, he had to be brave to save Ji Hyo from drowning. Taking off his shoes and socks as well to prevent it from soaked wet.

He wasn't a good swimmer either, but was willing to save her. Blabbering in his mouth, he prayed that he would be able to save her right away. Soon as his bare feet gently made in contact on the icy water, he flinched to escape from the coldness.

He was getting stressful with the situation where there wasn't much time for him to get someone for the rescue. He retrieved his spirit once more. Taking a deep breath before plunged himself into the lake. "Wish me luck for this.." He prayed in his heart as he counted till three. He finally jumped into the lake with guts. 

_________________________________________________________

On the other hand, Ji Hyo was screaming with fear in her eyes. There ain't sound from her, but only bubbles foaming from . She was struggling hard to keep herself on the surface.

Ji Hyo had been out of breath since it happened so sudden. There was no time for her to take in before dealing with the icy water. Suffered with muscle craps as well on her tights which caused her to struggled even more, gasping for air to breath.

She couldn't remember how long had she struggled in the cold water. Time was running out and now she couldn't hold much longer. With the cold water that it stiffed her muscles even more in every second.

Thinking that she was about to drown deep shore, she stayed motionless with the flask still in her grip. Gazing the crystal clear water shined above her, it was too beautiful for her to watched.

She slowly sealed her eyes shut and spoke to herself in her heart. Praying for Kwang Soo's happiness in his life. "My dear Kwang Soo... Make sure you get your happiness back when I'm no longer in this world. I will always love you, deep in my heart."

_________________________________________________________

A loud splash was heard then. Kwang Soo had gathered his courage before jumping himself into the lake in a rescue for Ji Hyo. He let out a few cough on surface once he was drenched into the water. Gasping as he struggled to keep himself on surface to catch his breath.

_________________________________________________________

His vision was flashed back, seeing the young version of Kwang Soo who was had his first experience in the pool. He was five back then. The tall lanky boy who was afraid of water since he was a child.

It was his moment where Kwang Soo and his father who spent time on the pool. Summer season had just begun around the corner. "Kwang Soo… Don't be afraid. Appa is here to help you." His father patted on the surface of the water, wanting to help Kwang Soo overcome his fear.

Kwang Soo was tearing in his eyes as he spoke. "Water is scary… Kwang Soo can't do. Appa.. Kwang Soo want go home."  No matter how hard his father tried to get his son in the water, Kwang Soo would screamed of fear and avoided it.

Seeing his only son pleaded heavily, he finally surrender. He pulled himself from the pool and wrapped a dry towel on Kwang Soo to kept him warm from the wind blew. "Appa need to go to the washroom first. Wait here alright? Be a good boy." His father patted him on the head as Kwang Soo nodded. 

While waiting patiently for his father, a bunch of boys began to surround Kwang Soo. They were two to three years older than him, well known as the bully around the neighborhood. They began to teased Kwang Soo for not gaining strength to jump into the pool. "Did you hear that boys?? Kwang Soo is afraid to jump into the pool. What a baby…" 

They started to laugh with the joke, but not for Kwang Soo. All he was hoping that his father shown up for a rescue. He lifted his head higher, searching for his dad.

  "Looking for your daddy?? Come on, don't be such an idiot for waiting. How about some fun? You, me and my boys?" Kwang Soo knew that something bad would turned up. A bad one. He stood from his seat and tried to get away.

"Hold him!!!!" Their leader commanded his followers. With a bad luck, Kwang Soo was been caught easily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter