Chapter 4

For Your Sake

“what did you say?” said Yunho..he gets into the room and went towards Jaejoong, facing him.

“I said....marry her.”

Yunho’s face started to change.

“what the hell are you talking about...how did you know this?”

Jaejoong runs his view to his side, trying to ignore Yunho’s stare at him.

“don’t tell me...my mother told you? When did she meet you?! Tell me, Jaejoong! What did she told you!! ” said Yunho..he grabbed  tightly Jaejoong’s arm.

“Yun..Yunho...it hurts.” Said Jaejoong in pain.

Yunho released his grip..

“It doesn’t matter..I know now..that’s why you was a little bit off these two days, right?” said Jaejoong again.

Yunho turned his body to his side and shook his head in disbelief.

“you don’t understand anything , Jaejoong.”

“yes I’m understand, Yunho..there’s no other way..that’s why you have to do it.”

“you know that’s not going to happened..I’m not doing it!”

Jaejoong just sighed softly..he tried to holding back his tears.

“Yunho..that’s your father’s wish..his last wish..you cannot ignore it just like that.”

“but arranged marriage? Like hell I’m gonna care about that! Jaejoong, don’t you understand? Marriage...is a faith..a vows of love between 2 people..a promise.”

“and this is also about promise we’re talking about..a promise of friendship..between your father and his friend that he trusted..friendship, which is above all other relationships..”

“and because of their friendship, we are going to sacrifice our relationship?”

Yunho looked straightly into Jaejoong’s eyes with full of sadness and pain..Jaejoong was taken aback..he lost his words..he just bowed his head.

After a moment of silent, Jaejoong talked again.

“then..tell me what we’re going to do, Yunho..there’s nothing we can do..nothing.”

“we will elope.”

“wh..what?”

“we will elope..we’re going to leave this place..leave everything here..I don’t care anymore..we will find a place that can accept people like us.”

Jaejoong went near to Yunho and hold both of Yunho’s shoulders..he shook his head..

“Yunho..don’t..please don’t..I will not recognize you anymore..this is not Yunho that I know..that I’m in love with..you have such a good parent and you know that..do you want to let them down? You are their only son..please Yunho..don’t let them down just because of me.”

“don’t act like you’re not important, Jaejoong! Please! What does my mother think for telling you this huh..I already told her clean and clear that I love you and only you.”

“she’s just being a mother, Yunho..she’s worried about you..she just want you to be happy..”

“I am happy...with you!!”

“and after all, it’s every parents dream to see their children to have a family, Yunho..and there’s nothing wrong with that..the one who is wrong is me..me! because that’s something that I can’t give to you..that I can’t give to them! we are both guy..and this is wrong even from the start..in this society, we are unacceptable, Yunho..your mother accepted us but now..somehow I understand what’s she thinks about, what’s she worried about..”

“since when do we have to care about people’s opinion, huh?! since when?! We are doing just fine! You can’t do this to me Jaejoong! You can’t!!” said Yunho as he raised his voice.

Jaejoong having a hard time to persuade and calm him down..the tears that he tried to hold back eventually fall..Jaejoong hold both of Yunho’s cheeks, trying to make Yunho to look at him..but Yunho didn’t intend to stay calm.

“Yun..look at me, please..look at me! Don’t make it harder,Yunho...look at me..please.”

Yunho stopped..he pressed his forehead to Jaejoong’s..at the same time he grasp  tightly to Jaejoong’s hands that is on his cheeks.

“please don’t ask me to do this, Jaejoong..please...this responsibility is too much for me..too heavy..don’t do this..please Jaejoong~ just let me be a bad guy here..I love you too much, Jae..too much..” said Yunho softly..his voice was full with sadness.

Jaejoong let go of his hands from Yunho’ s grasp..he just looked at Yunho and shook his head..the tears keep falling from his eyes..he hug Yunho tightly with Yunho buried his head to Jaejoong’s neck..

‘I love you too, Yunho..even more than I love myself..but this is the best for everyone..’ said Jaejoong in his heart.

 

p/s: #PrayforMH17