Chapter 13

For Your Sake

“It’s been a while....Jaejoong..”

Jaejoong’s eyes was wide open as he stared at the person in front of him.

“......Noeul?”

She nodded.. “umm..it’s me.”

Jaejoong stared at her again in disbelief..she looked a bit different..not the same like when he first met her..her eyes looks tired and somehow Jaejoong felt like there are something hiding behind those tired eyes..maybe a secret or a story that she will tell him any minutes from now..once again, Jaejoong have a bad feeling as his heart still beat faster.

“how....why are you here? wh...when did you come back to Korea?” asked Jaejoong.

Noeul just smiled weakly at him.

“I kinda have a hard time to persuade your friend that worked at your shop to tell me where you are.”

Jaejoong kept silent..Noeul went near towards him.

“I’ve been looking for you..I called you but you never picked up your phone..I went to your house a few times, but you’re not there.”

“and why is that?”

Noeul bowed her head down for a while as if she was preparing herself first before he uttered the words.

“Jaejoong, actually...”

“Mama! Who’s this?” a tiny little voice cut Noeul’s conversation.

Now that Jaejoong noticed, besides Noeul was a little boy who was holding Noeul’s right hand tightly..he looked down towards that little boy..and his chest felt tight as he can guess who the boy resembles to..he looked at Noeul.

“your....your son?”

“....umm..he’s 3 years old now..”

Jaejoong smiled a little..he knelt down in front of the boy.

“hello there...my name is Jaejoong...you can call me uncle Jaejoong...what is your name?”

The little boy grinned cheerfully as he answered...

“Yunjae!”

And Jaejoong startled...he looked back at Noeul.

“Yunjae...Jung Yunjae...Yunho gave that name...he said he liked it.” Said Noeul as if she’s answering what’s playing on Jaejoong’s mind.

Jaejoong shifted his gaze towards Yunjae again and ruffled his hair softly.

“I..I see..”

Jaejoong stood up again as he said..

“please come in..I will prepare some tea for you..” he turned his body and walked back to the house.

“This is about Yunho!!  .......that’s why I come here to meet you.” Said Noeul suddenly.

Jaejoong stopped his steps..but he didn’t turned back at Noeul..his back still facing her and he didn’t move.

“wh...what about him? Is there anything I need to know?”

“Jaejoong....Yunho is...” and Jaejoong noticed the changes in Noeul’s voice..she sounds like she was in the verge of tears.

“Yunho is in hospital.....he met an accident.....a bad accident.........and he’s in coma now..”

There’s not even a word can describe how he feel right now..what he just heard was felt like a sharp knife that just stabbed deeply into his heart..it hurts so much he can’t breathe.

“what...did you...just say?” as Jaejoong turned his body slowly to face Noeul. "what are you talking about...?"

And she broke into tears..and Jaejoong doesn’t need any confirmation from her as he can see how Noeul cried in front of him..this is not a joke..Noeul doesn’t played any joke at him..what he heard was clear.

“mama? Mama~” Yunjae pulled his mother’s hand when he watched his mother was crying hard..he keep looking at both Noeul’s and Jaejoong’s face, wondering what was just happening.

“I know about you and him...I already know now......I’m sorry...I’m sorry..” said Noeul

“Yun...ho...Yunho!” 

He walked away quickly..he must go to the airport now...he must return to Seoul now...that’s what he only think..he need to go to the hospital..Yunho was there..he need to go there..he must go to him..the tears already fall from both of his eyes..he feel like he can’t think straight...

Noeul pulled his arm and stopped him..

“come with me...I already booked extra ticket for you..” said Noeul, still in his sobbing state.

Jaejoong touched Noeul’s hands that was on his arms and grip tightly....his face looks painful as he tried to calm his heavy breath.