Chapter 16

For Your Sake

Mrs Jung and Noeul was sitting in front of Yunho’s room at the time Jaejoong arrived there..he smiled weakly when both of them saw him..

“Jaejoong...” called Mrs Jung softly.

“why both of you didn’t go inside?” asked Jaejoong..

“oh..the doctor just finished doing check up on Yunho..so~” said Noeul

“I see..so how...” Jaejoong looked at both of them trying to find if in case they have something good to tell him..but Mrs Jung just shook her head..her eyes started to tear up..

And even his tiny little hope has fallen apart again..

“Mrs Jung..you don’t look good..why don’t you take a rest at a waiting room?” asked Jaejoong.

“he’s right, mum..you don’t get enough sleep lately...please take a rest..I will tell you if there’s anything..” said Noeul.

Mrs Jung just nodded and excuse herself..now it’s only left Jaejoong and Noeul..they were silent for a while before Noeul asked him..

“you wanna go inside?”

“umm..” he nodded

“what are you planning to do?”

Jaejoong bite his lips and straightly looked at Noeul without saying anything..once again, they were silent..somehow, without putting it into words, Noeul seems can understand everything..

“Jaejoong..don’t tell me...that you..” her voice cracked and her eyes looks like she beg for explanation..

“it hurts....it will hurts so much to look at him like that..I bet you too..”

“but...”

“then what should I really do? What you want me to do....”

Noeul just keep her silent...

“I’ve been living without him for  5 years..I can do the same for another years and another years..if you think I’m not strong enough then you’re wrong...I can keep on living....for his sake..I will..”

Noeul started to tear up and cried..

“I’m sorry....I....I’m sorry...Jaejoong...”

“I already said this yesterday..it’s okay...we can’t change anything...we can’t fight fate..not you, not me...nobody can’t...”

Noeul just shook her head and her tears keep on falling.

“I’m going inside..”

Jaejoong take a breath before he push the door and get into the room..and there ‘s a different scent lingering in the room...maybe it’s a medicine smell mixed with the flower scent..he not sure..

Silent....the only thing he can heard are only his breathing and the beeping sound of the machine that never stop to support each breath of the person who’s now lying silently on the bed..slowly, Jaejoong went near to the bed and stared at the familiar face that he has never forgotten, not even a moment..his head was bandaged..same with some other parts of his body...the wire was all over his body that connected with the machine.

Jaejoong stretched out his hand towards Yunho’s face but he flinched a little..his tears has threaten to fall and with trembling hands, he softly touched Yunho’s face...and that was the moment he can’t hold back the tears anymore and he let the tears to keep falling from his eyes...how much he missed him.

“Yunho....Yun~ I’m already here so wake up now...” said Jaejoong ..

Silent..

“wake up or I will get angry..”

Silent..

“I will really really get angry..don’t let me...do this...please don't let me...”

The only thing that replied him is the beeping sound..it hurts..his chest feels tight and it hurts him..to see Yunho in this state, he can only pray to God to give him some strength....Jaejoong sit at the side of the bed and take Yunho’s hand..he kissed it many times and he led Yunho’s hand to touched his cheeks..then he kissed it again and again..

“Yunho....can you hear me? Listen to what I say...” he take his breath and bite his lips to calm his trembling lips..he kissed Yunho’s palm softly..

“Yun...Yunho...it’s okay now....really...it’s okay...there’s nothing to forgive..I never blame you..not even once...”

He takes another breath..

“Yunho...you don’t need to hold back anymore...it’s okay..don’t worry about me..I will be okay..I... I will...be okay...even if it will take some time...I will be okay..I will not doing anything stupid...I will eat well..I will drive safely..I will take care of myself properly..just like what you asked me to do...I will live well..Yunho...I will..”

Jaejoong tried his best to speak in his sobbing state...each word that came out from his mouth feels so hard to let out and it makes his chest hurts..

“so don’t worry..for your sake..I will live well..for your sake....

....You once said miracle does exist right? So wait for me...maybe....maybe we can meet again...we can love again..promise? hmm?”

He burst into tears as he grasp tightly Yunho’s hands..

“I love you...I love you..until the next lifetime..forever..I’ll always love you...my Yunho~”

He don’t know how long he has been crying...he never let go of Yunho’s hand..his eyes feels heavy..he feels like he can fall asleep anytime but then...the next thing he know, the only thing he remembered was Noeul’s voice calling for him, doctors were rushing into Yunho’s room and....

..and the beeping sound has changed to long, straight sound.