Chapter 12

For Your Sake

Jaejoong sipped his coffee slowly while enjoying the view in front of him, a beautiful beach with clear blue sea water, white sands with people were strolling along the beach and kids playing happily..

Jeju island..one of the beautiful place in South Korea..Jaejoong bought a house in this land..not too big nor too small..but since the house is located at private land in popular tourist island, the price was quite high..but Jaejoong still decided to bought it, using his own saving money..He still live at his apartment in Seoul, but the house right here was his sweet escape from his busy life, an escape so that he able to be alone...who knows, he might spend the rest of his life here when he’s getting old..it was one of the plans he and that person have..

His life is.....ordinary..nothing unusual..his coffee shop business are still standing strong without any problems..he is lucky to have such dedicated workers and Junsu, his best friend , who still loyal working with him together managing the shop..talking about him, Junsu is already married and have 2 kids right now..Jaejoong is happy for him..he throw a party for his bestfriend, helping him with the preparation and he even be his best man at his wedding..

He busied his life with everything that he could do..if there’s anything he wish to do, he doesn’t think too much and just go with it..it’s not like his enjoying the moment of his life...in simpler words, he’s just...living his life.

And not even one day that he went through without thinking of him...that person...only God knows how much he missed him...he heard about that person’s successful stories in extended the business empire..and that’s it..nothing more...but it’s good then..at least he’s doing well..like him; he eat well, he live well, he hide his feelings well..and he still waiting..he wonder what about that person? What is he doing?..sometimes, he hate himself for being too weak, for being too hopeful...he knows he cannot expect too much, or else it will hurts him again..and maybe this time, it might damaged him till he can’t be fixed anymore..he already lost counts how many he cried his eyes out until he felt like there's no more tears left...but then, when the thought of that person and the reality hits him again, the tears will automatically fall again and again no matter how hard he tried to hold back and pretended to be strong....but still, their memories is what makes him to be able to go through the days ahead..all this time..for these past 5 years.

5 years.

~~

Jaejoong closed his eyes, feeling the cold sea breeze that somehow calmed his heart..he tried to think about something else, but his mind betrayed him..it keeps playing from one flashback to another flashback like a broken tape..each happy memory were still fresh in his mind.

//Flashback//

“I’m wondering...” said Jaejoong.

Yunho who was hugging him from behind while they’re watching movie in the living room turned his gazed towards Jaejoong.

“what is it?” asked Yunho.

“are we going to stay like this forever? Right here? Until we get old?” asked Jaejoong..

“hmmm...that’s doesn’t sounds like a good idea~”

“right~~~”

“how about we get married? And live together?”

“huhh? All of sudden? You know we can’t get married..”

“well~ it’s true we cannot get a legal marriage...but it’s possible for only two of us..”

“hmm..that’s true..but actually what I mean is...”

“I know what you mean..” Yunho cut Jaejoong’s line.. “and I’ve been thinking for a while now..how about we bought a house together at a countryside for us to spend our lives and get old together?”

“really? it sounds cheesy but I like that idea..but why countryside?”

“why? You don’t want? Then where do you want?”

“hihi..Jeju island? It’s a beautiful place and we can stroll at a beach and watch sunset and sunrise everyday~” said Jaejoong as he winked towards Yunho.

“Jeju?! wow~ that’s...kinda a high demand from you..” Yunho chuckled

“we can’t?”

“.......fine...marry me first..” said Yunho as he smiled smugly.

“fine..get on your knees and propose to me properly.”

“fine..I can do that now..”

“now?!! With no ring? Don’t expect me to say yes..”

“so we live at a countryside then..”

“Yunho~~” Jaejoong glared at him as Yunho burst into laughter because he won in teasing him.

//Another flashback//

“what is it?” asked Yunho as he realized that Jaejoong have been staring at him like 10 minutes.

“I wonder how it looks like if you have a children..” said Jaejoong.

“that would be awesome..lets have a child..”

Jaejoong was taken aback..he bite his lips as he looked away..and Yunho noticed it..Jaejoong has always likes children..he loves playing with them..and Yunho loves the view of it each time if he saw Jaejoong with children. He loves children too but truthfully, he doesn’t mind anymore about this thing since he, both of them aware how ‘different’ they are..

“heyyy~” Yunho grab softly Jaejoong’s chin to lead him to look at him again.

“we can always adopt, right? I have a friend that know about this thing..” said Yunho..

“it’s not the same..you parent will be mad at you if they know this.”

“don’t mind them..it’s about us..ok?”

Jaejoong just smiled at him..

“it’s okay..I’m just asking randomly about this thing...lets do this after we ready to give some serious thought about it..”

“I don’t mind...anything for you..how about we prepare for their name first no matter if we can adopt a boy or a girl?”

Jaejoong laughed a little as he played along.

“hmmm...Yunho and Jaejoong...how about Yunjae for a boy?”

“Jung Yunjae...that sounds cool..and Jung Jaeyun for a girl..”

“not bad~.......what are you laughing at?” asked Jaejoong when he saw Yunho chuckled.

“any names that started with Jae will definitely sounds feminine and suitable for a girl..Jaehee~ Jaekyung~ Jaejoong~” said Yunho as he nodded several times.

“yahhh!!” Jaejoong hit Yunho’s arms.

“ouch! That really hurts..”

“good~ at least you know I’m a man here.”

And Yunho just laughed.

//End flashback//

 

Jaejoong smiled weakly as he remembering all the little memories and then he sighed.

“what the hell am I doing even after all this time...I didn’t take 2 weeks off and come here just to think how pathetic I am, right~” he grab tightly the clothes on his chest as he slightly felt the pain in his heart. He shook his head.

He gets up from his sits, intending to take a walk for a while around the neighbourhood..he locked his house and walked away...but then, he stop walking when he saw a car stopped in front of the gate of his house..and somehow, for a second, he kinda have a bad feeling..he stared at the car as his heart started to beat faster..no one should know that he was here except for Junsu...he only told Junsu about his plan to have 2 weeks off to come to Jeju.

When the car door is opened, Jaejoong was stunned..he didn’t move even for a bit..and he feel like he just stopped breathing as the familiar person came out from the car.