MISUNDERSTANDINGS

Four People, One Big City

The park was fairly close to the apartment Kyungsoo and Baekhyun lived in. It wasn’t very big, but large enough for pedestrians to stroll around aimlessly.

 

Chen kept a tight hold on Kyungsoo, afraid that the younger might try something if he let go. The two walked in silence to the park. Kyungsoo was shaking profusely.

 

Breathe Kyungsoo, just breathe. I’m perfectly fine.

 

Kyungsoo repeated it over and over, but to no avail. He knew it wasn’t the truth. However, the way Baekhyun yelled at him triggered something. He didn't think his best friend would direct such harsh words at him. It was like Sehun had reappeared, but in the form of his best friend.

 

And that Kai person. He resembled Sehun so much. Not by his looks, but more with the attitude and carefree personality. That ability to act cute and win over hearts, only to break them later on.

 

Kyungsoo honestly didn’t know why Kai freaked him out so much. Maybe it was because he felt this thick, choking aura whenever he was around Kai. Maybe that was how Kai and Sehun were alike. They never showed their true intentions.

 

I hate Sehun!!!! A-and Kai!!!!!

 

The park came into view and the two sat down heavily on a nearby bench, and it creaked under their weight. Chen had no feelings for the bench and Kyungsoo was too far away to be reached.

 

Everything seemed to remind Kyungsoo of Sehun. He had been so attached and dependent of him. His world had been only Sehun, and he was having trouble finding a way out of the maze.

 

That particular bench was the one Sehun had asked Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend on. They had sat down together when Sehun popped the question. So many beautiful memories were made, just to be tossed out the window. This just caused Kyungsoo to cry more.

 

I just want to die right now. I can’t take any of this. Why did Baekhyun save me then? I'm a nuisance to everyone.

 

He hugged Chen, longing for someone to hold him and care for him. Chen gently Kyungsoo’s raven black hair. He felt a strong need to protect the young, broken boy.

Kyungsoo looked so fragile, like a china doll. One drop off the cliff of reality and he would be gone. Kyungsoo was already pushed up too close to the edge. Somebody had to pull him back.

 

I don't know what to do anymore. What should I do?

 

With no other choice, Kyungsoo leaned back onto Chen’s chest and relaxed for a moment. His body-racking sobs softened to meek whimpers. This was nice. Kyungsoo was really grateful for Chen. He needed someone to tell him it was okay, and for someone to care for him. Because in Kyungsoo's mind, he felt like he didn't deserve it anymore.

 

It felt as if a heavy weight was lifted off his shoulder. Granted only a little bit of pressure had been released, but Kyungsoo eased up slightly. He had needed time just to let go of his emotions. However, he didn't want anyone to know how he was truly feeling, minus his two goofball friends. Kyungsoo shut his eyes.

 

Chen softly pressed his lips to Kyungsoo’s forehead to calm him down, unaware that someone else was watching.

 

Kai had been walking home after a long day of work at the cafe. He passed by the park and coincidentally saw a familiar looking owl eyed boy leaning against another guy.

 

Kai watched as the boy kissed Kyungsoo on the forehead.

 

Were they together? It certainly looked like it. But wait, was he feeling jealous? The battle in his head began.

 

I DON’T like him.

Yes you do.

No I don’t. I’m just using him as a distraction from Chanyeol.

Stop lying to yourself.

But I’m not.

Yes you are.

I still like Chanyeol though.

Chanyeol’s moved on and you also need to move on.

……

You need to accept the fact that Chanyeol likes Baekhyun.

……=.= ..stop reminding me.

Why can’t you just admit you like Kyungsoo.

 

I’ve only known him for a day, and he doesn’t like me.

 

Give it time. You need to move on from the past.

The complete past.



 

Kai took a closer look at Kyungsoo. Tears tracks stained his face and his face was contorted in pain. He was obviously not in the best condition.

 

Kyungsoo was clinging desperately onto the unknown male. His eyes were closed, and he was mumbling quietly.

 

“Don't leave me. Don't leave me Sehun. You can't! Don't leave me here! Chen!" Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open. "Chen, are you still here?"

 

The newly named male, Chen, quickly grabbed Kyungsoo's hands and intertwined them with his.

 

"Shhhhh, it's ok. You just had a bad memory and closed you eyes."

 

Kyungsoo looked up at Chen.

 

"Please don't leave me here alone." he said quietly. "I......I don't know what I’d do."

 

“Of course I won’t.”

 

Chen seemed to understand what was going on, but Kai was still confused. What had Kyungsoo been talking about?

 

The tanned boy looked at Kyungsoo again. It seemed like he was dealing with his own problems. Kai didn't know what to think of it. He wanted to run to Kyungsoo and hold him, but he resisted the urge.

 

He's just a distraction, Kai. That's all he'll ever be.

 

But Kai wasn't so sure about his own idea. Kyungsoo looked so lost and beaten down. Was hurting the poor boy for Kai’s own benefit worth it?

 

A/N: Ugghhh. I'm too lazy to write an author's note.

 

Well, since Cake was too lazy to write an author's note, I will be replacing her for this chapter. Chen and Kyungsoo are pretty adorable, aren't they? Support them in their activites!

And don't be afraid to comment or criticize! It's always welcomed.

Strawberry~