HALLOWEEN

Four People, One Big City

Baekhyun shut his book. He breathed in the scent of their musty apartment, and sighed. But his face lit up when he checked the calendar. And why? 

Because it was Halloween. Day of the demons and other paranormal creatures. And more importantly, the day he could indulge in candy without being judged harshly by society. Baekhyun had a secret sweet tooth, and sometimes, it was too much for Kyungsoo to satisfy everyday. 

This Halloween, Baekhyun had decided to dress up as a puppy. One of those small, cute ones with big eyes and fluffy ears. Yep, perfect description of him. 
Kyungsoo, on the other hand, had chosen to be the devil himself. He wouldn’t admit it, but Kyungsoo had an alter ego, and that was Satan. One time, Baekhyun had accidentally destroyed his chocolate souffle, and that night, everyone in their apartment had assumed that Baekhyun died. Some little girls had even prepared a funeral service for him. So when he showed up perfectly alive and breathing, another old lady had a heart attack. And then the funeral was held for poor Mrs. Park. Not too pleasant. 

Baekhyun walked out of the room and entered th kitchen, where a plate of bacon and eggs was already set out for him. Kyungsoo was getting some orange juice from the fridge, and then grabbed two glasses from the cabinet.

"Morning, Baekhyun. Ready for today?" Kyungsoo walked over to the table and sat down. 

"Yeah. Candy for me! Oh, and by the way, breakfast looks good."

“Thanks.”

And the two sat down for breakfast, with Baekhyun occasionally mentioning some interesting fact, and Kyungsoo nodding his head.

The door rang. The two turned around, hands unconsciously fixing their costumes. Baekhyun tittered over and let the newcomers in. Kyungsoo's eyes fell over Kai's body, pupils dilated from surprise. He was wearing an Amazon warrior costume, complete with a helmet, grass skirt but no shirt. Woah. On the other hand.................Chanyeol.......

A round silver platter encircled his head. He had on a complete grey suit adorned with sequins. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo cocked their heads to the side.

"Um, Chanyeol? What are you......?"

"A spoon! Ofduh!"

"How was I supposed to know? You look like an idiot. No offense or anything." Kyungsoo remarked. 

"That was harsh." Chanyeol sniffled.

Kyungsoo mumbled a quiet "I'm sorry" and then stood behind Baekhyun.

"You look......uhhh........great................uhhhhhhh," His puppy ears swung as he turned to Kai for help.

Kai simply said, "Chanyeol.........YOU LOOK STUPID. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

And for the rest of the night, Chanyeol's mood was sour.

The four of them went trick-or-treating in the apartment complex. Old ladies gave them butterscotch, and other adults gave them unnecessary items, such as apples, toothpaste and floss. Many civilized people gave them weird looks and slammed the door in their faces.

On the fifth floor, Chanyeol spotted a kid dressed as pumpkin pie, and had a fanboying moment.

"EHMAGAHD! SHE'S SO CUTE! I JUST WANNA EAT HER!"

The little girl had heard, so she quickly scurried away from the "creepy oppa in a scary costume". 

His mood went from sour to grumpy. Baekhyun attempted to cheer him up doing little puppy tricks, which worked for five seconds, and then Chanyeol returned to his grumpy state.

The troupe ended their night at four in the morning and went back to their place. Since it was too early, spin the bottle was suggested, and the game started.

Kai spun the bottle first. It landed on Chanyeol. Chanyeol scratched the back of his head.

"Sooooooo.......this won't be awkward......."

"Remember! The kiss has to be......hmmmmm.......ten seconds!" Baekhyun piped up.

So basically, kisses between best friends involve no tongue movement. And they're extra disgusting and revolting. Just a warning. 

Next, it was Chanyeol's turn to spin. It landed on Kyungsoo. The chosen boy eternally stiffened, he couldn't believe he was actually going to kiss someone. 

Kisses between not best friends but not totally friends are okay. They're borderline weird, but not creepy. That much.

Kyungsoo spun the bottle. It landed on Baekhyun. Baekhyun grimaced and prepared himself.

Lips latched on to lips, and a sense of déjà vu washed over both of them. It was like they had done this before. Baekhyun gently bit Kyungsoo's bottom lip to ask for entrance, and the younger complied. It wasn't until Chanyeol and Kai both yelled out that it had been more than ten seconds that they separated. Not like they didn't enjoy the scene in front of them. Jealousy boiled in their veins.

Lastly, Baekhyun spun. It landed on....wait for it......Kai!

It was similar to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's kiss. Satisfactory enough. Sleep eventually washed over all of them, and thoughts of what those kisses meant swirled in their heads. 

 

A/N: Happy (late) Halloween? Just a little chapter to celebrate the day I eat candy without being judged. Next update will be in a couple weeks cuz I've got exams coming up. Ugh.

Strawberry~