PROGRESS

Four People, One Big City

Chanyeol yawned and rose from his bed. He glanced downward and rested his gaze upon his friends. Everyone had gotten so close over the course of the weeks. He had started to be more intimate with Baekhyun. It seemed that Kai and Baekhyun had developed some sort of friendship, and He and Kyungsoo hung out more. Chen...well, he was a welcomed friend who sometimes hung out with the four. Kaisoo had no such luck. Except for them, progress was being made.

“Get up get up get up get up get up get uuuuuuuuppp~,” Chanyeol held the last note as he yanked the covers off of the four others. Kyungsoo let out a moan and kicked the sheets around until his foot connected with Kai’s places that we shall not name to keep this fanfic PG-13 (). No wonder why he was reluctant to sleep with people in the same area.

“Gahhh!” Kai crumpled up and his face scrunched up with pain. Chen took one glance and burst out laughing.

He continued to chortle until Baekhyun him shot a death glare. He shut up immediately. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, blossomed into a bright red.

“So,” Chanyeol said nervously, “Now that that’s over, does anyone want breakfast? I think we have, milk and………..that’s pretty much it.” 

Kyungsoo padded down to the kitchen and cracked open the fridge. Inside was…..well….milk. The black haired boy contemplated his options. He could either starve, or go grocery shopping. He chose the second option. Food was absolutely necessary. But he didn’t exactly want to go to the supermarket at seven in the morning, so he sent Chen, who insisted Baekhyun come. Then Chanyeol decided that he needed to pick some things out for himself. So that left Kyungsoo with…..Kai.

Kai. Out of all people, why was he the one to be left alone with him? He felt as awkward as when he was around the younger, not to mention his obvious distaste for the boy. Being stuck in a large house with no one around was horrible, and trying to sneak away wasn’t going to work. It looked like Kyungsoo was going to have to suffer for an hour or two. The trio that had gone shopping wouldn’t be done for a long time.

Kai initiated the conversation first. He always did with Kyungsoo. No matter the situation, Kai was always the first to open his mouth. He had remembered Chanyeol’s words afterall.

“Do you wanna do something?”

Kyungsoo gave his usual response, something he had grown accustomed to while talking with Kai.

“No.”

“Do you wanna watch something? I heard there’s a new show on.”

“No.”

Kyungsoo didn’t expect what Kai was going to say next.

“Do you ever say anything besides no? I’ve been trying to be nice to you, and all you do is push me away!” Kai became frustrated. Here he was trying to connect with the love of his life, but to no avail, “Can’t you ing say yes just once?”

The yelling. The damn yelling. It was.......so similar. To….to….. Kyungsoo started to breath heavily. His lungs constricted, his heart pounded, and his head swirled, causing his vision to blur. Images flashed across his mind in a blinding white light. His body started ache, as if he could feel in the injuries he was experiencing in his head.The owl eyed boy stumbled around, until his arms came in contact with something. A strong, steady arm. Kai’s arm.

Kai was flustered. Here was Kyungsoo freaking out, clinging to his arm, and not to mention, snuggled into his chest. Kyungsoo was hugging him. Like literally hugging him. It wasn’t a genuine hug, Kai could tell. But he was still hugging him. That is until Kai realized that Kyungsoo was whimpering, and he felt hot tears penetrate his shirt.

“Hey. It’s OK. Kyungsoo. Look, I'm sorry,” Kai awkwardly raised his hand, not sure whether he should use it to pat the sobbing boy’s head or not. Finally, after a few seconds, the taller relented and gently the older’s hair. They stayed like that for quite some time, and Kai thought that this was better than Kyungsoo saying yes. So much better. 

Meanwhile, a certain three idiots go to the store to purchase a few packages of food, which takes them about three hours. A ridiculous three hours. Let’s start from the very beginning.

The trio ambled leisurely down the sidewalk. Chen was cracking jokes, and Chanyeol, being the reaction king he was, was tearing up. 

“This hyung is too funny! I can’t breathe because of all this laughter! AHAHAHA!”

Baekhyun stayed quiet. He really wanted some time alone with Chanyeol, but since Chen was there, it was impossible. He loved Chen, but sometimes that guy could become a er without even realizing it. 

They walked into the vegetable section. Chanyeol was still laughing, and Chen was still being himself. Just perfect. Baekhyun was now the mature adult in the group, and he started to grab all the necessary things that Kyungsoo needed to cook. No way was Chen ever going to cook. It happened once, and will never ever happen again. He also didn’t really want to risk dying because of Chanyeol and Kai. It was better to be safe than sorry. 

The brunette trailed off and wandered around the store, occasionally stopping to grab ingredients of their shelves, and then continued on his way. Chanyeol and Chen were still laughing in the corner. Baekhyun sighed. He beckoned Chen over, and then resorted to yelling across the room. Chen waddled over.

The two huddled together, without Chanyeol, who proceeded to pointlessly laugh at the sight in front of him. 

“Hey. Chen….” Baekhyun began, then stopped when his eyes drifted to something else. Bacon and eggs. Yum. 

“What?” Chen poked Baekhyun in the side, causing him to yelp. He was ticklish. 

Baekhyun quickly remembered what he was going to say before. 

“Stop ing ing me!” The brunette hissed.

Chen smirked.

“You like Chanyeol?”

“Uhhh...Yeah!”

“Oh….well what do you want me to do?”

“I don’t know….how ‘bout…go die in a ditch.”

“That was mean and uncalled for…but fine, I’ll just pretend I ditched.” Baekhyun hugged his best friend and gave his a slap, “Then what are you doing old man. Get going.”

Chen rolled his eyes and left the store. Baekhyun was giddy with excitement. Then he realized, that confessing to Chanyeol would be the most nervewracking thing in his short, short life. Even worse than when he had taken his university entrance exam. And he had pretty much flunked that. 

Let’s be safe, he decided. The older rose up and dragged the younger to continue their trip to buy food. 

“Oooh! Look over there! Can we buy some ice cream?” Chanyeol squealed. Baekhyun simply rolled his eyes. How could this person be twenty three?
Chanyeol continued to whine, and even attempted some poorly accomplished aegyo, until Baekhyun finally gave in.

“Fine, but as long as it isn’t vanilla bean.”

Chanyeol let out a gasp.

“Vanilla bean is best flavor out there! Not liking it is a crime! I’m gonna buy it and force you to like it Byun Baekhyun, if it’s the last thing I ever do!”

And so, a determined Chanyeol set out to buy ice cream, and all Baekhyun could do was gush over Chanyeol’s adorableness. It was so cute. He didn’t even think when he handed the money over to the cashier . As they proceeded to head out, Baekhyun realized he had just purchased vanilla bean ice cream. For five freaking dollars. Oops.


WIth their hands loaded with bags, the pair walked out of the store. They passed by a pet shop. Remember when the two first met and Baekhyun said he had a dog? Yeah, Chanyeol remembered, to Baekhyun’s misfortune. 

“Hey Baek. Did you get your dog from there?” Chanyeol pointed at the shop. Baekhyun shot the other a confused look, “What dog…..?”

“Um, when we first met, you said you had a dog right?”

“Oh, yeah. That. Yeah, I bought him at that shop. You remember that?”

“Um...yeah,” This time Chanyeol was the one who awkwardly scratched his neck. Of course he remembered. That was the first time they met. He couldn’t believe Baekhyun didn’t. Then again, the older might not even like him, just stretching out on a limb here.

Baekhyun just shook his head and grinned.

“So when can I go to your place? Hard to believe that I’ve never gone to your apartment before, considering the times we’ve all crashed at my place. I can’t wait to meet your dog,” Chanyeol squealed. Baekhyun choked on his own spit. Crap. Not good, not good. Abort mission. 

“Um, why don’t you go on ahead. I have some stuff to take care of.”

Baekhyun shoved all the bags into a gaping Chanyeol’s hands, and sped off, leaving Chanyeol behind. 

A/N: Hello! Strawberry here. Sorry the story hasn't been updated in a while. On a vacation! But being the nice author I am, I decided to upload. Enjoy the chapter! And don't forget to comment! We love reading them!

Strawberry~