THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

Four People, One Big City

Chanyeol arrived at Kamong Cafe at the of nine. The tall giant was a hard worker, and always on time. He liked to be punctual.

 

His boss, Ms. Kim, was very nice, and serving the customers was always a pleasure. Chanyeol was assigned to be the cashier for today, sinceHenry had gone home sick. Chanyeol scanned the cafe. The first customers ambled their way into the shop.

 

Hyunsik and Doojoon were at the round tables, serving all different types of drinks. Siwon was cleaning the windows while making small talk with Amber, a regular, making sure that everything was spotless. Sohee was unloading the supplies with Seohyun. There was one person missing though.

 

Chanyeol didn't hear any flirty comments coming from the left side of the cafe. That could only mean one thing. Kai hadn't showed up yet.

 

He had just turned around from serving an annoying customer, who was complaining about the size of his muffin. Apparently it was too big.

 

That was when Chanyeol caught sight of a beautiful, petite boy in front of him. He had soft, brown eyes and light fluffy hair. The boy sported a Chanyeol stiffened. Don’t be a big clumsy fool, don’t be a big clumsy fool!!!!!

 

Chanyeol continued to receive order after order. The line containing the (cute) boy slowly inched forward, and before he knew it, the boy (with perfectly kissable lips)  was in front of him.

 

“One diced latthe and a clack toffee” the brunnette announced. Did Chanyeol have major ear problems or did he just hear the boy say “One diced latthe and a clack toffee?” Ugh he had to go to the doctor’s again. It had been the third time he had heard something wrong and screwed something up.

 

Chanyeol was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t realize the petite boy curled up on the ground in the middle of a breakdown. (Not that he still didn't look adorable)

 

“Um, are you okay?” Chanyeol peered over the counter worriedly. The boy shot up with a straight face.

 

“Yes. I’m fine.”

 

Well that was weird. Chanyeol shook it off and continued to ask his next question about the customer’s order. When suddenl-

 

“You have the same name as my manly stuffed animal companion!”

 

The words came tumbling out of the brunette's mouth. Chanyeol really thought his hearing needed to be checked. A manly stuffed animal companion? What the hell is that? And what did he have to do with whatever that was?

 

“Um, I meant that my coffee has a cool manly name which is kind of like my dog’s which is my companion because he’s really loyal…..and yeah,” stammered the boy. Chanyeol shook his head and smiled at the adorable dorkiness of the brunnette.

 

The fidgeting boy managed to mess up more than the giant did and that was an achievement (Not an achievement everyone wanted to achieve though). Hmmm, talking about messing up, Chanyeol wondered why his tongue hadn’t slipped up yet. Must be his lucky day(Knock on wood! Knock on wood!).

 

Chanyeol looked down at the fingers covering the boy’s face and smiled when an eye peeped up at him.

 

“So sir, can I offer you a sample of our banana muffins? They were freshly baked this morning.”

 

Dammit, just when he said he did a good job at not messing up. Chanyeol had been the one baking the muffins that morning and he didn’t want to hear any criticism about it.

 

Especially from the guy standing in front of him, who he desperately wanted to impress, despite the strange string of events that had occurred so far.

 

Chanyeol held his breath as he watched the boy take a bite into the muffin. What if the brunette spit it out? What if the boy yelled at him for making an atrocious muffin? What if he got fired?

 

Chanyeol’s started to think of all the terrible things that could happen, with all the scenarios getting progressively worse, some even impossible.

 

He found himself praying to God. If any of that happened, Chanyeol would surely crawl into a corner and die of embarrassment. That is, after he cried his eyes out.

 

“Wah, daebak! This muffin is delicious!” the boy exclaimed, eyes curling into crescents. Chanyeol couldn’t believe his ears (again),“Really? Thanks!”

 

He internally let out a sigh of relief. My baking is actually ok! Take that Yixing! He was glad that someone in the world enjoyed his banana muffins.

 

"This cafe is really nice, the food is also really good," complimented the boy.

 

Chanyeol was grateful, that he still hadn't slipped up big time. At least the boy was talking to him. Most of the time, people just gawked at his awkward personality.

 

"I'll make sure the manager hears about your review," he replied with a smile.

 

The two boys carried on to have a pleasant conversation. Chanyeol rushed to grab all the muffins, cookies and sweets the cafe had for the boy to try. Seeing him smile made him super happy.

 

Their conversation dragged on and this was when Chanyeol realized, he still didn't know his customer's name.

 

"So," he started,"I know this is kind of late, but what's your name?"

 

"Byun Baekhyun. I already know your name though," he pointed at Chanyeol’s chest, indicating the name tag.

 

"Byun Baekhyun. That's a cute name," Chanyeol blurted out.

 

He internally screamed. He had lasted so long without betraying himself. Blushing madly, he dropped everything that was in his hands.

 

Quickly, Chanyeol bent down, but the universe was not in a good mood today, so Chanyeol just had to slam his head onto the counter. The floor blurred slightly before clearing again.

 

Why why why me? I just embarrassed myself in front of the cutest boy on Earth! Aish Chanyeol, you big clumsy, ugly idiot! ARGRRGHH! Okay I'm calm, I'm calm……...... Breathe in breathe out. It's okay, I'm okay.

 

Chanyeol sneaked a glance at Baekhyun, betting on the worst, but it seemed the boy hadn’t noticed anything that had happened. In fact, Baekhyun appeared to be in his own little world at the moment. Until...

 

“Baekhyun! Do you have the drinks yet?" An unknown voice called out. Baekhyun turned his head around quickly, avoiding Chanyeol’s (perfect) eyes and replied, “Yeah, I’m coming!”

 

Baekhyun really didn’t want to face the the cashier again. He was still too embarrassed. He used all of his mental strength and brainpower to turn around. The drinks were speedily scooped up into his hands. Chanyeol broke the deafening silence and spoke first.

 

“Well, Kamong Cafe hopes to see you again soon.”

 

Then Chanyeol found himself whispering something he didn’t expect himself to say, “And I hope so too.”

 

Later on, Chanyeol continued stirring the drinks until he realized what he just said. Did he just say he wanted to see Baekhyun again? And even worse, could Baekhyun have overhead him? Desperate times called for desperate measures. He sent an SOS message to the heavens, begging for Baekhyun to forget the last five seconds of their conversation.

 

Little did Chanyeol know that Byun Baekhyun was not the type of person who would hear those types of things.

 

Once the boy was out of sight, Chanyeol imagined the brunette’s flawless face and dark eyes. That perfect hair, and that one-of-a-kind smile and-

 

“Yah!” a customer snapped at him. “I would like to pay now!”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and rid himself of his thoughts. It was time to work again.

 

A/N: So here's the second chapter! Cake and Strawberry are still deciding on an uploading schedule, but we'll figure it out soon. I hope this chapter wasn't too ish. Can't say we didn't try.
Chapter 3 is on its way!
Have a nice life and all that good summer .
Strawberry~