MY TURN TO CRY

Four People, One Big City


In the cold of December, Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to go ice skating. Neither of them really could, although they claimed they could enter the Olympics. That was a bit of a stretch. 

Chanyeol went over to get the skates, and left Baekhyun on the bench to ponder his thoughts. The boy was staring at the ice rink, imagining him with his parents. When Baekhyun was in second grade, it seemed as if everything was taken for granted. But one day, it all disappeared. His parents perished in a fatal car crash, and only the day before had they taken Baekhyun skating for his birthday. Baekhyun was forced to live with his aunt, and in high school, he immediately moved in with Kyungsoo. A tear crawled down his face, and Chanyeol noticed as he came back, lugging the skates along. 

"Hey, Baekhyun," Chanyeol sat down beside him, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything."

"My......my parents used to take me here. Before......they...they passed away."

Baekhyun started to cry into Chanyeol's broad shoulders, and Chanyeol held the petite boy in his embrace.

"I'm so sorry. I can't believe that would happen. But Baekhyun, it's okay to cry. Just remember I have the shoulders for you to lean on."

The giant tree and the puppy sat on the metal bench for a while, strobelights shining on to them.

And after two minutes of restless sitting, Chanyeol spoke up.

"So.......can we skate now? Please please please please please-"

"Yes, Chanyeol, we can skate now. Let's put on our skates!"

Baekhyun fumbled with his laces for about half an hour (more like an hour) and Chanyeol got his on in same amount of time.

The ice rink was filled with a fair amount of people, most of them constantly falling down, and little kids were milling about. Chanyeol lead his partner onto the ice (lookie! He used the word partner!) and then

FLOP! CRASH SMASH

He fell and slid into the wall. Chanyeol got up, as if trying to regain his dignity. He looked back to find Baekhyun, who was lost in a crowd of teenagers. 

And once again.........

FLOP! CRASH! SMASH!

The dignity-less Chanyeol crashed into a couple that was skating with their hands held. The awkward giant placed his trembling hands on the ice and cautiously pushed himself up, to meet the face of an annoyed stranger. Baekhyun trailed behind. 

"Omigod I'm soooooooo sorry. I didn't see you cause I'm really bad at skating and I didn't mean it an-" Chanyeol was cut off by the stranger's hand.

"It's fine. Just be a little more careful next time." The stranger got up and grabbed his partner's hand, and skated on. Chanyeol stared after the apathetic stranger and his partner, their brown haired heads bobbing up and down.


But when Baekhyun and Chanyeol had left, the apathetic stranger looked back.

"Baekhyun?"

 

 

A/N: First of idk how many Christmas drabbles to come! Please enjoy this lovely Baekyeol trip! (And sorry for not updating for a looooooong time 😓)

Strawberry~