26. I can’t wait

Same old "My Best Friend" Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m sure you guys are tired of my apologies. I really didn’t know it was this long since I updated. My days has just been coming and going. I’m writing this while in class so I hope it’s not lacking haahha. 

 

Dont do this, okay guys? Listen to your teachers! 

 

As always, I’d love to Hearn what you guys thing :) thank you 😘


It has been 6 blissful months since I married my best friend. Nothing eventful has happened since then but everyday with my wife is a day to remember. She has always been caring but ever since our marriage, she became extra. Extra in everything: caring, thoughtful, sweet, understanding, giving and loving.

And today is one of those days where she’s being really extra. So she called right after my surgery and she sensed that I skipped my lunch, again. I didn't intentional skip it okay, I had a surgery plus I wasn't really in the mood to eat. I haven't been for few days. I feel like throwing up all the time. Plus I'm not really feeling good, but no one especially Jessica, has to know about that. Since I think this is side effects of the hormones I'm taking… I guess I’ll have to consult my OB GYNE about this.

“Doctor Hwang!” I heard that annoying high pitched voice. So I continued walking “Tiffany Hwang!” She shouted, her voice echoing throughout the cafeteria.

I stopped and face her.

“What do you want SoonKyu?” I asked annoyed. I’m not really in the mood to face anyone today or the other day. I'm not sure about this moodiness. I just feel like snapping on everyone else.

“What's wrong with you?” She asked me concerned. “Everyone is asking me if you’re having a divorce!”

“What?” I asked in surprise. “Why would they ask that?”

“You’re too grumpy!” She said non chalantly. “Now tell me, are you and Jessica doing fine?” She asked with concern this time.

“Yes!” I snapped once again.

“Aren’t you getting any action in the bedroom?” She asked with so much innuendos.

“Stay out of my life. And we’re doing fine. Trust me you don’t wanna know.” I answer her with a smirk and she backed away immediately.

“Fine. Just whatever it is, you can talk to me. You know that, right?” Then she paused “you’re not PMS-ing are you? That can’t be yours supposed to be over by this time. Oh never mind” she said to herself more than me.

That reminds me, I really need to get going and see YoonA.

 

Jessica’s POV

I was surprised to see 12 missed calls from Yuri after I accidentally left my phone in the car. I was getting take outs to bring Tiffany. I know she hasn’t had her breakfast and behave a strong feeling that she hasn’t eaten her lunch too since she just got out of surgery.

Worriedly, I called Yuri as soon as I settled the take outs. She picked up the phone in no time.

“Why weren’t you picking up?” She asked without saying hello.

“Why were you calling?” I asked cause I started to worry in the urgency of her voice.

“Fany was rushed in the ER after her surgery” after hearing this my body was suddenly in panic mode.

“What? Why? What happened to her? Is she okay? I’ll be there.” I gripped the steering wheel tightly and started my car.

“She’s fine don’t worry. Jessica drive carefully.”

At this point I’m not even listening to her anymore. How can I not worry. Yuri was obviously worried and she’s a doctor who’s supposed to be the calm one.

“How can I when you’re not even calm. Tell me what happened!” I demanded.

“I am calm. And I don’t know myself. Jess, be careful pleases. She’ll be fine, it won’t do any good if you involve yourself in an accident.” I inhaled and finally tried to calm down.

“Alright. I’m on my way. Please take care of her.” I pleaded before ending the call.

I arrived in the hospital safe and sound. It took so much in me to be calm and not just ran over anyone who’s blocking my way. I took my phone and called Yuri immediately while dashing to the hospital.

“How may I…” greeted the receptionist, but I was in a hurry I didn’t even care ignoring her. I’ll apologize to her later.

“Yuri, where are you?” I asked in panic.

“In room 808” she whispered.

“What? Is Fany there? Is she back to working?” I rapid fired the questions. “Oh never mind I’m coming there.” I rapidly pushed the elevator button hoping it could help to hurry the elevator up.

When I arrived at the floor I saw Sunny in the Nurse’s station with Yuri, both of them talking too seriously for my liking.

“Where’s Fany?” I asked, out of breathe.

“Oh there you are!” Said Sunny in her perky cheery voice.

“Where’s Fany?” I repeated my question.

“She looks worried. What did you tell her?” Sunny asked Yuri who was now grinning.

“What’s happening?!” I asked completely feeling lost. “Where’s Fany??” But they were still grinning at each other. “Whatever” I said taking my phone out to dial Fany’s number. “I didn’t break traffic rules for this .” I said still panicking.

“You didn’t tell her?” Sunny asked the grinning Yuri. “You idiot!” She said hitting Yuri’s arm.

“What?! It’s better to know when it’s sure!” Yuri said holding h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter