19. I'm Inlove with a (Jealous) Hero.

Same old "My Best Friend" Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you think would look cute with this skirt?”  I asked placing two shirts in front of me.

“Anything.”  My beautiful lover answered nonchalantly.

“You’re not helping me here.”  I told her pouting before I faced my closet back again to look for an outfit.

“What are you so fuzzed about anyway?”

“First, I don’t want to look like a piece of crap next to you when those freaking photographers are tailing on you again, and second, I want to look good when I see auntie and uncle and Krystal, in short, I want to impress your family.  Your family Jess, so help me out here.” 

She didn’t respond and I continued my search for the perfect outfit. A few seconds later I felt arms wrap around my waist and a pair of lips on my neck.

“Why do you need to impress my family in the first place?  Aren’t I the one who should be panicking right now?  You’re going to introduce me to your family.”  She chuckled at the absurdity of this.  “Besides my family, specifically my mom, already asked me to hook up with you couple of times, so I guess she must’ve really like you for me?”  She laughed once again.

Basically, what we’re doing here may be stupid to other people.  We’re introducing each other to our families whom have known us since we were like in our diapers, whom were pairing us up since who knows when.  But this is really important for the both of us.  We’ve been best friends for almost our whole lives and have been fooling around with someone else, and this is what our parents have been wanting, we’ve been (secretly) wanting; for us to be finally together.  Our families knew that I’m in a new relationship now, of course not telling them any details, and Jess, well they still think she’s with Tae so this pretty much will be one hell of a surprise.  We asked our friends and especially Yoona, Jessica’s cousin, to keep it a secret because we wanted to personally tell them about our relationship.  Hence, this trip I planned.  Good thing Jessica was nothing but excited about this trip.  I checked her schedule thoroughly to get us this, you can call it “vacation”.  It’s really hard to keep it a secret it’s been almost 11 months since we’ve been together, and we’re feeling guilty already for keeping this to our family, so you could only guess how excited we both are cause in just a few hours, we’ll be telling them face to face.

“Hey! Hey!”  I felt her teeth on my shoulder which caused me to instinctively move away from the pain.  “Do I finally have my girlfriend back on earth?”

I turned around to face her in which I was immediately pulled in closer to her body.

“Why’d ya do that? It hurts” I pouted while rubbing my shoulder.  She then took my hand and replaced it with her lips.  As if kissing it will ease the pain, why is she so cute?

“Better now?” she asked me with that beautiful smile of hers.  I nodded and snuggled in her neck just savoring this simple yet precious moment.

“Jessi?”

“Hmm?”

“You don’t have to tell your parents about us having the baby yet.”

“But I want to.”

“Yes I know, but don’t you think it’s too early?”

 After the conversation me and Jessica had in the hospital about me wanting a baby months ago, we’ve always talked about it and it surprised me that Jessica is not freaking out.  I felt relieved every time we talk about it and all I could see is her excited face but I thought about it and it’s not fair for her to be just dragged in to something she didn’t sign up for.  I didn’t want her to feel that she’s obliged to agree to this because she’s my girlfriend.  But she she’s just shrugging it off and reassuring me that she wanted it as well, wanted to do it with me.  Nowadays, she often asks me about it and I cannot be more than happy to have this special person fulfill my dream of becoming a mother with me.  Anyway, first things first, we need to tell our parents about us before anything else.  We planned to tell them sooner but then Jess and I got busy with work and she was flying back and forth the country every other month for magazine shoots and so on.  I can’t say it wasn’t hard but it only kept us stronger and learned to trust each other more.

 

 “So?  We’re going to have one, or two or three or more children in a year, or so. Right?” she lifted my chin so that we’re looking at each other eyes to eyes.

“Yes.”  I nodded.

“So there’s no problem with that.”  She smiled at me and gave me a soft peck on the lips before she released me from her warm embrace and walked back to the bed.  

“Now finish up, and let’s go please?  Don’t want to be late for the flight.”  She pleaded in which found too adorable. 

Before I could even protest or react to her cuteness, we heard the doorbell ring…

“I’ll get it.” she said standing up from the bed “Finish up gorgeous, we’re leaving in 10”

She said as she head downstairs to open the door. I heard rumbling and voices which I recognize very well, so I let them be and continued my business in my closet.  Few minutes later,

“FANY!”  That was Jessica.

“TIFFANY HWANG GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!” oppsss what did I do? 

“What’s wrong Jess?” I asked half way through the stairs.

“What are these freaks talking about?”

“Hey!” they protested

“What about?” I asked confused.

“Why are they coming with us?” she asked with gritted teeth.

“Well Jess,”  I felt guilty, I forgot to tell her about Yoona and Yuri tagging along.  Well not completely since they have their own business there.

“Unnie, you’re not the only one who’ll be introduced to parents, you know.”  Yoona said winking at her cousin, that’s when it came to Jessica.

“Oh my God!”  she exclaimed wide eyed.  “When did this happen?  Why don’t I know this?”  She asked “How dare you not tell me!” she said pouncing on Yuri.

“Hey hey hey! Don’t crush her, I want to introduce her to my parents as a whole unnie.” Yoona joked. 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”  Jessica asked Yuri.

“You were out of the country and we wanted to tell you personally so we waited.” Yuri told Jessica casually.

“Congratulations, Kwon Yuri.”  She told her and enveloped her in a tight hug. 

“Why didn’t you tell me about it babe?”  She asked of me pouting.

“Aww I’m sorry Jess.  They wanted to tell you themselves.” I explained to her.

“The hell Kwon Yuri it took you this long to ask her out?”

“Well with a cousin like you, who wouldn’t hesitate to ask her out?”  Yuri teased Jessica “Worth the try though” She then looked at her girlfriend with a smile.

“Tell me… how did you ask her?” Jessica asked excitedly.

“I think we should just go first, we have a long flight we could catch up there.” Says YoonA.

To make the long plane ride short, nope there was no naughty business that happened while we were thousands of feet away from the land, we arrived safely in L.A.  As soon as we stood up from our seat in the plane, Jessica’s been overly touchy.  She hasn’t let go of my hands since then, well except in the immigration. 

“Our top model is enjoying her life away from the media huh?” Yuri commented referring to Jessica who, now, has her arms wrapped around my waist while I look out for our checked in baggage on the conveyer.

She just chuckled in response, confirming Yuri’s accusation.  Although Jessica and TaeYeon are both models in Korea, they were still able to keep their uality and even more, their relationship a secret.  In a conservative country, no one would think that they’re in a relationship.  Them being clingy and holding each other’s hands in public is like affection towards a sister or just a friend.  That’s how they were able to keep it in public, though, close friends in the industry know about their uality.

“Hey can we get something to eat before heading home? I’m starving.” Jessica asked pouting cutely.

“Ohmygosh Jung Jessica, will you stop pouting?! It’s frightening!”  Yuri protested in which received a glare from her.  Who would’ve thought the magazines’ ice princess would be acting cutely like this?  Well I’m just glad she only does this when I’m around.  I just chuckled and peck her lips not caring about the people around us.  Now this is what I call freedom.  I smiled when my lips left hers, only for Jessica to pull me and connect her lips to mine again.

“Unnie, can you please stop.”  YoonA said separating us which caused us to share a laughter.

“Did you ever undergo the “shy” phase?”  Yuri asked. “You don’t get shy with each other. And it’s almost a year shouldn’t you be tired of each other’s yet?”  Now Yuri is just talking to herself.  “Maybe because you’ve been really really close before, like nothing really changed? But seriously, why is it like it’s still the honeymoon phase?”

“Is your girlfriend okay, Yoong? 

“She’ll be unnie, don’t worry.” Yoona joked then pulls her girlfriend’s hand, following us in a small café’.

I told YoonA and Yuri to find a seat while I order for them.  Meanwhile, here’s Jessica still has an arm wrapped protectively on my waist.  I have no complaints here, really.  It’s not everyday we can do this publicly.  It actually feels good to have this kind of PDA and not have those kind of judging eyes when we do so; at least it makes us feel like any other “normal couple”.

“So… will I be staying in your house or mine?”

“You’ll see later...” I smirked before stating my order to the man behind the cashier. 

He repeated my order for me to confirm if he didn’t miss anything, and when I gave him a grateful smile before he headed off to prepare our pastries, I felt Jessica pinch my stomach.

“Oww! What was that for?!”  I said pulling off her arm around my waist.

“Stop smiling around people might get the wrong idea.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Look at him, he thinks you’re flirting with him!” she said glaring at the poor guy’s back.

“Oh geez really! Gosh Jess how would he think that way when you’re practically wrapped around me?”

“Whatever!” she said rolling her eyes but keeping her arm around my waist.

I just chuckled and pats her cheek for her childishness.  I’m not angry or mad, I actually find it cute whenever Jessi is jealous.  I find her possessive side hot but I won’t admit to that just like she always refuses to admit that she’s jealous.

After few minutes the guy came back and handed us a tray with of the cakes we ordered and told us to wait for our drinks on the other side of the cashier.  Jessica decided to put the food down to our table first, just when I was on my way to the other side, something hit my leg and when I looked at it, a little boy has stumbled down.  I crouched down to help him up, feeling worried he’s actually hurt.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I helped him up.  He smiled at me and I automatically responded with a big smile on my face.

“I’m sorry” he said looking down on his feet.

“Hey’s it’s okay.  Are you alright though?”

He just nodded and I find how adorable he is.

“What’s your name?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“Steve” he said with a grin showing off his baby teeth.  Aww adorable!

“Okay, Steve.  Who’s with you here?”

“Ohh there you are!” A woman came pulling her out of my grasp.  “Where did you go?  I told you to wait for me.”  She scolded the young boy, she must be her mother.

“I’m sorry was he bothering you?”  His, presumably, mother asked me.  I stood up to talked to her.  When I looked at her in the eye, my jaw literally dropped. 

“F-fany?”  She asked me with the same shocked face.

I could only give her an awkward smile.

“What are you doing here? I mean… it’s been a while.”  She said with glee on her face.

“Yeah.”  That’s the only word I could utter.

“Mommy! Put me down.”  The little boy is squirming his way out of her mother’s arms, I could only smile at the cuteness.

“So this is the little guy?”  I asked out of curiosity but still tried to sound polite. 

This time it was her turn to give me an awkward smile and a reluctant nod. 

“I see.”  I gave her a smile, this time a sincere one. “He’s cute” I told her smiling at the little guy who has now given up squirming and just sulked in his mom’s arms.

“I’m sorry.” She said with pleading eyes.  I understood immediately what she meant.   

“Don’t be.”  I gave her a smile and pat the little guy’s head.

“I regret it.  I do.  I really really am sorry” she said reaching out for my arm.

“Don’t.  Look at this cute guy. It’s all in the past.  Forget about it.”  I gave her another sincere smile and a reassuring squeeze in the hand. 

“Tiffany, I really am so sor…”

“Bora, stop.  It’s okay.  Really.”  I said and give her another smile.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome.”

“So… how have you been?”  she asked breaking the awkward silence.

“I’ve been good.  How about you?” 

“Okay, I guess. He keeps me moving as you can see.”  She said chuckling before kissing the little guy’s head.

“I see that.”

“Are you here for good?”

“No I’m just visiting.  You headed off out of the states?”

“Nah, just got back from a little vacation.  What a coincidence I met you here.”

“Yeah. “

“How about lunch, sometime if you’re not busy?”

“I can’t promise that.  Only have a week to stay here, so… maybe when you go to Korea, call me?”  I offered trying to be nice.  There’s no point in staying mad at her.  It’s all in the past and I am completely happy right now. Besides, I should be thankful of what happened, look where I am right now, happy with Jessica.

“Alright, I will.  Anyway, are you with…. Someone?” 

“Yeah with a couple of doctors from Korea.”

“No I mean, you know.”  She laughed awkwardly.

“Ah sorry.  Actually I am.” 

“Oh I see.”

“Where’s his dad?”

“Ah broke it off. Better off alone.” 

“Ah I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.”

“No it’s okay, karma I guess.”

“Hey stop, don’t batter yourself.  It’s all good.”

“Yeah, thanks.  Just so you know, you were the best I’ve had.”

I blushed at the sudden confession.

“I highly doubt that.”

“It’s the truth though, well except for this little guy, you’re pretty much the best.”

“Uh.. thanks I guess. You’re lucky to have him.” I said patting the little guy’s back.

“Yeah.  That reminds me, no plans of having kids yet?  I remember how much you like kids back then.”

I looked at her with a slight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter