First Date

Same old "My Best Friend" Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you even want to know why I was MIA? hahaha No? Okay okay :D well here it goes then :D 

Yuri, YoonA, Sunny, and SeoHyun are with Me and Jessica sprawled out in the lounge just resting and eating the pizza Jess had ordered.  We are all ready to call it a night, well except for SeoHyun who is just starting her shift.  It’s been a busy day for us which make just want crash at home already.  Laughter filled the room despite those tired eyes and body.

“Why did Hyo leave early?” Yuri asked of YoonA

“Something about taking her girlfriend on a date” YoonA simply answered.

I felt Jessica beside me sat up straight.

“Something wrong, Jess?” I asked her almost immediately.

“Speaking of date, we need to go.” She said gently grabbing my hand to stand up.

“Can’t wait to have her on your own again?” Sunny teased maliciously which caused me to blush.

“I guess you could say it that.” Jessica said taking my bag from the locker near the door. “Gonna take my girlfriend out on a date.  You got a problem?”

“Nope nothing.  Just use a !” Yuri snorted which caused everyone to laugh.

“Shut up!”  I protested embarrassingly.

I heard laughter even after closing the door behind.   Jessica offered her hand to me and we walked to my car with our fingers intertwined.  I looked at her with suspicion when she opened the passenger seat door, signaling me to go inside.

“Jess?” She knows well what I’m trying to say here.

“I didn’t bring my car and I know you wouldn’t mind if I drive yours.” She flashed me a wide grin completely avoiding what I was trying to say.

“I wouldn’t if you’re okay and you did not just recovered from the accident.” I said. “Now go in and let me drive” I said shoving her inside.

“I am okay.  You can even ask my therapist about it.”  She then flashed me another wide smile.

“Not going to do so because I know you already bribed her, another, VIP pass in one of the clubs in Korea.  Or an eat-all-you-can coupon for her girl friend.”  I said exaggeratingly.  “Why did you have to be transferred to Hyo’s services?”  I’m not doubting HyoYeon’s ability here.  She’s good. Actually one of the best in Seoul, I would even recommend her to every patient I know, but not with Jessica.  Well you see, the bond these two share is unbreakable.  I don’t understand how they could get violent with each other then the next minute they’ll be covering up for each other. 

“First, she’s going to be hurt when she hears you say that.  You know she’s a great one.  And second, I did not bribe her.  I’m okay Fany-ah.  Please trust me.”

“I know. I know.  Ugh Jess!” Did she just use the “trust” card.  I am so going to lose this argument.

“I really want to drive my best friend slash my girl friend slash the love on my life on our first date.” She said with sincerity and that’s when I sighed and conceded.

 

Gosh! Why does she know what words to say and when to exactly say them? How can I respond to her words now? 

I now sat myself in the passenger seat.  I held my breath when Jessica leaned in front of me to buckle my seat belt.  After hearing the click of the belt, she looked me in the eye and flashed me another beautiful smile.

“Gotta keep my love safe, all the time.  I can’t see you hurt.”

Just when I thought I was in love with Jessica, she continues to prove me wrong.  How deep can I fall even more in love?  Wow! I sound like a teenage love struck kid! What have you done to me Jessica Jung? Mm. I’m not complaining though, to her, I’d be anyone just to make her happy and just to show how much I love her.

I pulled her head towards me to connect my lips to hers for a quick peck just to show how much I appreciate what she’s doing. 

“Tell yourself that, Jung!”

“Hey! I’m all good!”  she once again connected her lips to mine.  “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She then closed the door and run to the driver’s seat.  There was comfortable silence inside the car.  I’m still pretty fuzzed hearing her say she loves me.  I mean how can I get used to that? The person whom I loved the most, telling me she loves me? Well forgive me if I don’t get used to this very quickly because never have I imagined that my best friend, whom,  I repeat, I love the most, will be doing such sweet things to me.  And she’s not doing this because I am her best friend but she’s doing all these actions because I AM her girlfriend.  Yes, told you I’ll keep repeating that.

I was so deep in my thoughts when I felt a hand touched my left hand.  I looked at Jessica ad she intertwined hers to mine.  They fit so perfectly.

“What are you smiling about?”  she asked me, stoking her thumb on our intertwined hands .

“Eyes on the road! I don’t want to see you lying on a hospital bed ever again.” I said not answering her question.

“I would listen if only the traffic light doesn’t say “stop”.  So what were you thinking about?”

“You.”  I answered rather quickly, I looked at her, looking in front waiting for the traffic light to turn green.  She had a smile plastered on her face the moment I answered her question.

“Funny, I was also thinking about you.” She told me after a few seconds. 

Why does she always catch me off guard?

“You’re so good with words Jessi.” Then I sighed “I can just imagine how happy TaeYeon could be when you say things like that to her.”  I can’t help but feel hurt.  Why am doing this to myself?

“Way to kill the mood Fany!”

“I’m sorry. I can’t help it, okay?”

“You can’t help what?” she asked me.

I remained silent.

“I’m waiting.”

“To feel jealous.” I muttered.

Jessica just smiled and she let go of my hand. 

It was then I realized that we are in front of our favorite restaurant. She started to maneuver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter