Superhero

Same old "My Best Friend" Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who’s that?”  I looked at her quickly before swiftly cutting my way to another car behind me.

“Yoona” she simply answered with a smile and bubbliness in her voice.

“You know I could never tolerate cheating, but if you’ll cheat on me, please not with my own cousin.”  I joked which gained me a light smack on the shoulder.

“Where’s that coming from?” she asked me then she faked a gasp “Don’t tell me you’re actually jealous?”

“Can you blame me? You’re always smiling whenever you talk to her or you receive a text from her.”  I could only pout.

I heard Tiffany giggle.  Gosh! Why is she so cute??

“Jessi, come on.  You know it’s nothing like that.”

“Well it’s like you’re hiding something from me.” I blurted out before I could stop myself.

I glanced at Tiffany and noticed that she froze after hearing my statement.  Geez, there’s no turning back now I guess.  I didn’t want to pressure her in to telling me something she doesn’t want to, I mean eventually she will but maybe she’s just not yet ready.  I just don’t know what this could be since I feel like she and Yoona have been keeping something from me since the accident. 

“I’m sorry.  It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.”  I told her feeling sorry.

“No, I’m sorry.  I’m just not yet ready, Jess.” She said hesitantly.

“You know you can talk to me about everything, right?”

“Yes.”

I only nodded, trying to understand and continued driving.

As to where we are heading, it’s our monthly night out (and my “going away for a week” party according to them) with our friends.  We make sure we get the same night off every month so we can get together and just be ourselves.  For a change, for the first time (since we started “dating”), TaeYeon is invited again to join us.  It’s a girls’ night out so we didn’t invite GD, in which he understood.  I was surprised when Tiffany suggested this herself (not that I mind), she thought it’d be good to bring back the old days. 

Tiffany and I were relatively quiet in the 10 minute trip.  None of us spoke after our last conversation.  There’s nothing wrong between us, no tension, or whatsoever.   Just silence.  Right now, silence means only one thing.  Understanding.  We both understand each other.  I understand why she’s keeping something from me, and I know she understand why I’m being like this.  We’ve been together as friends, heck we’ve been sharing a house for years, so I know what to do in certain situations.  Right now, I know she’s reluctant to start conversation since she’s the one who’s keeping something from me, that’s why she’s been quiet.  I know it.  As the person at fault, which is me, for bringing up the subject, I should start the conversation myself.

“Are you tired?” I asked after finally parking the car. 

She furrowed her brows, completely curious of why I’m asking all of a sudden.

“No. Why’d you ask?”  she answered nonetheless.

“hmm?” I pretended to think “Weird though, how can you be not tired?” I asked to myself more than to her, I removed my seatbelt so I could look at her properly.  “You’ve been running in my mind nonstop, so how can you be not tired?”  I grinned at my own silliness.

I’m not usually the corny/cheesy type of person but to be able to see my girlfriend’s smile again, I can be anything. It’s always worth it in the end, like now, she just flashed her most beautiful eye smile. The one that could send you to places you could never imagine you could even go.

“Really, Jung? Just really?” she mocked me.

I just shrugged and unbuckle her seat belt, then reached in for a quick kiss.

“Oh Jessi!” she smilingly shook her head and opened the door.  “Let’s go before SooYoung and Yoona nag about us being late.  They’d make us pay again.”

As soon as we get off the car, I reached for her hand and intertwined mine to hers. 

“Why SooYoung and Yoona?”

“According to them, we are responsible if they get hungry since we are late.”

An “O” shape formed in my lips. 

“We better hurry then.” I joked knowingly which caused her to laugh.

Just like that, the incident that happened in the car, seemed nothing.  We held hands as we made our way to one of the VIP booths in the second floor and everyone’s already there, even TaeYeon, who is laughing with Sunny about something I don’t know.

“It’s not Jessica Jung if she’s not late.” HyoYeon teased temporarily letting go of her girlfriend’s hand to give both me and Tiffany a hug.

“We are not that late!” I defended giving her a slight smack on the shoulder.

“Of course, you’re with Tiffany.  Who knows what time you’ll be able to come here if it’s not for her.” SooYoung joined her girlfriend in teasing us. “Now, your treat!” she said which caused everyone to clap their hands. 

“At this rate, I’m going to go bankrupt because of supplying your food alone.  How am I going to provide for my future family then?” I joked and looked at Tiffany. “I’m sorry babe, I guess you have to be working hard for our future.  Our very own friend is milking out our bank account.”  I pouted.

I was completely oblivious of the “whooos” and “cheering” of my friends when I saw Tiffany blushing.  She’s so cute, darn it!

“So you proposed?!” Yuri asked followed by a smack on my arm which brought me back to reality.

“Nope.” Then I trailed off and whispered “not yet” which earned a giggle from my beautiful girlfriend.

I take that as a “Yes, I’m going to marry you, Jessi”.  Cause if that giggle means the other way, I might just have my body run over by a rushing train cause clearly, if Tiffany wouldn’t want to spend her lifetime with me, I’d rather die.

I’m being such a cheese ball right now, I need a drink.

“What time are you going to leave tomorrow?” YoonA asked.

“Why’d ya ask?  Can’t wait to have Fany to yourself?” I raised my brow, and teased Yoong.

“So jealous that I get so much alone time with Fany unnie huh?”  she teased back.  

“No worries Jessi, you can also have your alone time with TaeYeon outside the country.”  It’s Yuri’s turn to tease me now.

“Yeah right Yuri, the thing is, GD is coming so I might just actually lock myself away from the two teenagers with ranging hormones.” I winked at TaeYeon while the rest of my friends laughed.

“ off Jessica!  You’re just jealous you’re not going to get action in the beautiful paradise of Phukhet.”

“Can’t we stop pestering Sica and start ordering food? I’m starving!”  As expected of SooYoung. 

Right then, the food came one by one, nonstop-ly, (as expected) cause SooYoung and YoonA ordered.

“Also, keep the cocktails coming please.”  HyoYeon told the waiter.  We don’t need to go to the bar for that, one of the perks of being a regular and having a VIP pass. Let’s just say the owner was in a fatal car accident and these amazing doctors around me saved his life, hence, our VIP treatment here. 

“Truth or dare! The usual rules, if you pass you get a shot, but only limited to three passes, if you exceed, you’re paying our bill.” Hyoyeon explained to TaeYeon.  We all know this pretty much and I got a pretty bad feeling about this.   Just the way YoonA, Yuri, HyoYeon, Sunny and SooYoung are looking at me, something tells me, I’m am going to leave this place with a huge chunk in my bank account not that I mind, I just know how these girls play, and it’s not going to be fair, I tell you. 

“Jessica, first!”  Yuri said excitedly, see what I mean?

“Something tells me Jessica is the target today?” Tiffany squeezed my hand.

“Don’t include me anymore, I’m just going to pay!” 

“Oh no! Where’s the fun in that unnie?!”

“Truth or dare?”  Sunny repeated.

HyoYeon continued, not even thinking about my offer. They’re off to something.  I know it.

“Dare”

“Let’s start off easy.” SooYoung said, putting her chin in between her thumb and index finger. “Make out with…” I took the glass in my hand already knowing well it’s something I’m not going to be happy about. “Tiffany.”

Ohh that’s easy!

I pulled Tiffany closer to me and took her lips to mine.  I felt her gasp in surprise when my tongue touched he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter