Chapter 7

Memories

- Your POV -

After the beating I was escorted back to my room. I was hurting and bleeding. I cried on my bed.

“Hey.” A whisper came from no where. “Are you awake?” There was someone next to me. “Don’t scream. I won’t hurt you.”

The voice was gentle. For some reason, I thought I could trust. “May I.” He said and I nodded. He applied ointment on my wounds. “Thank you” I said in a course voice.

“I’m sorry about kidnapping you. My dad is really crazy when it comes to his first love. Especially losing her to his best friend. Oh sorry I didn’t introduce myself, in Kim Tae Hyung.” He smiled.

“Hello Taehyung” I said. I didn’t say my name because he already knew it.

The door opened and he quickly darted under the bed. “Here’s your food!” They tossed me a package and left.

“I’m sorry. I would get in big trouble if they found me talking to you.” He laughed.

“Why are you here anyways? You seem to nice to be a gangster.”

“A gangster?” He laughed. “We aren’t gangsters. We are agents. We belong to a secret service under the government.”

“Eh? What is child 1221?”

“That’s you, silly. I’m child 1230. The government raises an organization of families. Our fate is the same. We train together, we get married to our peers and have children and the cycle repeats. Usually our parents arrange the marriages, but in our case, your parents went rouge and married and had a child on their own will.” He explained. “My dad actually really loved your mom and he was excited that his parents choose her to be his wife. But all of it changed when his best friend, your dad, intervened and ran away with her.” He paused. “The upper people don’t care who marries who as along as they follow the rules of the society. You’re parents did that and registered you as a legal child but after my dad found your parents they faked your death and gave you away.” He looked down. “I’m sorry, I kinda found you for my dad. I didn’t know it would turn out like this.”

“It’s okay.” I faked a smile. It was quiet until my stomach betrayed me and growled.

He laughed and got up and left. He came back with two bowls of streaming ramen. He handed it to me, “this is better than bread.” We are in silence.

“Hey are you bored as I am?” He said as he reached for his phone. “Ah I’m sorry it doesn’t work to call people. My dad programmed all the phones to only work to answer his calls and use the internet but he blocked a lot of it. Just as a safety measure in case you get a hold of a phone. But he didn’t block TV.” He smiled.

He got out his ear buds and handed me one and we started watching TV. Taehyung was really nice. I enjoyed his company he reminded me of Baekhyun.

- Baekhyun’s POV -

There they were. I remember that (y/n) introduced me to them. She said that they were her uncle and aunt, but didn’t her parents say that they were the only children in their family.

“Ah Baekhyun, it’s nice to meet you again.” The lady said.

“Baek you know these people?” Chen asked.

“Yeah I’ve met them once. (Y/n) introduced me to them, she said that they were her relatives.” I said as I greeted them.

“We told her that to keep her safe-“

“So you have her?” Mom said in shock.

“We have been keeping an eye on her since we left. We would visit her when you were out of town and we would tell her not to say that we came.” He said.

“It’s nice to finally met all of you. (Y/n) has told us many things about her friends, in sorry we had to met this way.”

“No the pleasure is ours Mr-“

“Just call me Myung Gyu and this is my-” “Just call me In Na” she said.

“Well just a few minutes ago we received a video about (y/n) and she is being physically harmed.”

“Where is the video.” In Na-nim said. We led her to the living room.

“Honey give me my laptop.” She said. She rushed to insert the disc. Then she opened all these programs.

“Did they tell you anything else?” Myung Gyu-nim asked.

“Well they said that if we call for help that they would hurt her. When we first found out Kris panicked and called the police, the phone rang then was cut and redirected to the kidnappers and them we heard them slap her and hung up.”

“I’m sorry” Kris bowed.

“It’s okay, you were just trying to help.” He said patting Kris’s shoulder. “We need you to call the police again. We are going to try to track the number. So if you can call it will be helpful. Don’t worry (y/n) is strong.”

Tao took the first step by taking out his phone, “I’ll do it” he called and when it was redirected he was strong. We heard her screaming again. We winced in pain.

“This could take some time.” Mother-nim said. It was early afternoon and our parents were calling us, they yelled at us for not showing up to work this morning.

Our parents threatened up to go to work now or else. None of us wanted to leave. “No you young gentlemen must go, we can take care of things.” We all walked out. “Baekhyun-ssi” I turned around. “Don’t worry she’s going to be just find. And if you like you can call me mom. She really loves you. She loves talking about you and I practically already see you as a son.” She smiled.

I went to work. I had a meeting with the shareholders about the new resort in Jeju. All I can think about was about (y/n)’s safety. I was looking through my photo gallery reminiscing about the places we went to and all the things we did. She loved to wear couple clothes and I wore them to make her happy.

“CEO Byun? Sir? What do you think we should do?” Secretary Kim interrupted my train of thought.

“Oh, I think we should advance in the production, we need to gather investments, Director Jang I’ll leave it in your care.”

“Yes sir, I will start right away.”

“CEO Byun has a point and well follow his lead. This meeting is over.” My father said. I got up when my dad caught up to me. “Son, something is wrong isn’t it. Tell me what it is. Did you fight with your girlfriend? Don’t worry she’ll come back because no one can resist Byun men. It is in our genes.” He laughed.

“Chairman, Dae Jung group has arrived” “tell me later son okay” he said as he turned toward the elevator.

I left the office in a blank. I rushed to
(y/n)’s house. Everyone was already there, waiting. They were sitting down with a dull look.

“WE FOUND HER!” Mother-nim said.

“What?!” We all jumped and said and unison.

“She is at this warehouse in the outskirts of Seoul. If we hurry-“

“No we can’t do anything rash. We have to think this through. If we do something rash it will put (y/n) in danger.”

“Minseok hyung is right. We need a plan.” Luhan said.

“What’s the plan?” We all said while looking at Luhan.

“Why am I in charge of the planning? Minseok should be it since he’s a psychology Major, if it is anyone he should be able to know how kidnappers are thinking, right.” Luhan protested.

“Ok ideas then. Does anyone have any ideas?” Suho asked.

“How about we trade them for (y/n). If they give us (y/n) we’ll give them… Kris. Yeah Kris who wouldn’t want a find man like him.” Tao teased.

“Yah, punk! Why me?” Kris said as he took Tao outside.

“How about we barge in there and-“

“Wow, Kai that’s a great! A great way to get us all killed!” Kyungsoo yelled slapping the back on Kai’s head.

“Wait remember the video, they said they wanted her parents.” Suho said.

“And you point is?” I said in confusion.

“Why don’t we bring them?”

“Bring who?” Myung Gyu came in asking.

“Well sir, in the video they asked that they wanted you and your wife. So maybe…” Suho stopped when he saw the serious face of Myung Gyu.

“No, you’re right. If we want to save her, we have to turn ourselves in.” He said as he went out the room. He came back with his wife.

“Ok here’s the plan, we are going to go approach from the front. While you guys come in from the sides. See if you can find any openings that can get you in-“

“Wait! There is only one opening.”

“How do you know that Sehun?”

“Because I have a minor in crime and investigation. Look I found a video feed from a CCTV near by the place mother-nim said that (y/n) is being held hostage.”

“What!” We said as we rushed over to Sehun.

“Look. There is only one road for miles. So if we do go they will know. The warehouse has been abandoned for years, look here the original owner sold it a few years ago to someone named Kim Tae Hyung.”

“Wow look at our Sehunnie being a useful genius.” Luhan said as he ruffled his hair.

“Okay new plan. Forest to the left and a river is to the right. We come in front the forest. We get there before mother and father-nim. We make our way down first. Then when they arrive we look for (y/n). If we run into their goons we’ll kick their assess for messing with the group people” I said.

“Wow daebak! When did our Baekhyunnie become so bad .”

“When they took my girlfriend.” I said as I stood up.
“Now I know that (y/n) picked the right boyfriend and group of friends.” Her father laughed.

“We leave tonight.”

“All of (y/n)!”

“Let’s go save her!”

“For (y/n)!”

“Hands in” we got in a circle and piled our hands in the middle, “for (y/n)!!! Lets kick their asses for taking (y/n)!”

“I’m hungry.” “I want bubble tea”

“Aigoo!” We shouted in unison at the maknaes.