Chapter 6

Memories

[ 20 Years Ago ]

“Hyung” “Unnie” the couple said. 
“You have to help us.” 
“I don’t want my baby to be in danger.”
“I know I’m asking for a lot, but please.”
“Hyung, please, save my daughter.”

We we have been married for a year and we were still young we didn’t know how to raise any children. Especially since we were the only child in our families.

But we have been abroad so no one would know that it wasn’t our child. They were our dongsaengs which we loved like family.

“Yeobo, can’t we take her?” My wife said.
“Ok, we’ll take her and raise her as our own. Myung Gyu can’t you tell us the reason.”

“Hyung it is better if you didn’t know. Here are her papers. Her name is (y/n) but we changed her name to Soohyun. Please take care of her.”

“Thank you, oppa” In An said. Then she looked at her baby staring at her. She rubbed her cheek, hugged, and kissed her one last time before she handed her to my wife.

They said their goodbyes and left into the rain.

[Present] -Baekhyun’s POV-

“That’s how we had (y/n). She was born here and my cousin and her husband found us when we were in China.” Mr. Kim said.

“Wow. Does she know about this?” Kai asked.

“Well she knows that she’s adopted but she never asked about her parents.” Mrs. Kim answered.

“Do you know where they are now?” Tao asked.

“No, but they said if anything ever happened to call them… I think I still have the paper. I’ll go look for it.” Mother said.

“Don’t worry Baek we will find her.” Chanyeol comforted me when he saw the look of dispare in my face.

- Your POV -

I woke up. I had a massive headache. I see that I’m in a chair. I look at my surroundings. I was in a dark room. There was a musty smell. The floor was concrete.

The door suddenly opened. I remembered everything. “What do you want with me!” I screamed.

Then a flash of pain hit my face. The guy left and closed the door.

I was crying. I wanted Baekhyun. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted him to tell me that everything was going to be okay. I wanted my friends.

The door opened again. A guy untied me and pushed me out the door. They put me in another big open room. I sat at the table.
I looked around to see if I could find an escape.

“There is no way out child 1221. So don’t bother to plan an escape route.” A man said as he came into the light. “So I finally found that wrench’s daughter.”

“Wh- wh- what are you talking about.” I whispered.

“Aigoo your mom never told you about your real parents.” He walked to me. Someone brought him a chair. He sat right in front of me. “Aigoo I guess I have a story to tell you. Well it was a long long time ago, your real mother and I were engaged, arranged marriage by our parents. I had a one sided love for her but she would only want to be with your father. On the day of our wedding she ran off to him. She ran away and hid with him. They were lucky that I didn’t find them for a year but I found them in the end. My boys told me that they had a child together. I tried very hard to find you.”

“W-why did you want to find me?” My voice shakes.

“So I can lure that wrench back and kill her and her husband. And possible you if you don’t corporate.” He said while patting my head. “Maybe I’ll let you marry my son.”

Why was my mom so important to him. Why couldn’t he let her go like a normal person. There was more to their story than being left at the alter. Why did he call me Child 1221?

- Baekhyun’s POV -

What am I going to do? How am I going to save her? Is she okay right now? Right now she would be scared and crying? In sorry I’m not there to make you feel better.

“Ahh yes I found their number.” Mrs. Kim came in waving a small piece of paper. “I’m not sure if the line is still working, they gave it to us when they left her with us.” She said as she handed the paper to me.

My hand froze and my eyes were in shock. “Is it okay to call it?” I questioned when we all remembered what would happen.

“She is a strong girl. We have to do this to save her.” Suho said.

“She’ll understand.” Minseok said patting my shoulder.

“Give it, I’ll call them.” Sehun said. “I’m sorry (y/n)” he said as me called the number.

Sehun started dialing the numbers. He put it on speaker. We were all waiting for the line to cut and redirect it to the kidnappers and hear (y/n)’s screams.

Ring ring ring

“Hello?! What’s wrong? Is everything okay?” A frantic female voice answered.

We all froze. What do we say?

“Hello?”

“Yes hello Ms. (y/n)’s mom.” Sehun started.

“Who is this? Where is she?”

Kris looked annoyed and grabbed the phone, “Hello this is Kris and I am a friend of your daughter. A little over 4 hours ago (y/n) was kidnapped by strange men.”

“What?!” Then the phone was handed to someone. “Hello this is her husband, did you just say she was kidnapped? Did anyone see the people take her?”

Kris handed me the phone, “Ah yes she was with her friend” am I even worth to be called her friend? I couldn’t even save her.

“Ah yes this is Baekhyun. I was with her when she was taken. There wasn’t anything specific about any of the men.”

“Okay we are coming over.” He hung up.

Ding Dong Deng

The doorbell rang. It was a backpack. At first we her hesitant to pick it up because it was her backpack.

Kai pushed to the front and picked it up. He opened, “Ahh!” “What?! What is it?!” “It’s a disc.” “Aigoo why give us a heart attack at this time.” “This is no time to play game Jongin!”

Luhan got out his laptop and put the disc in. It was a video. We were hesitant to press play. Chen was the one to press play.

It was dark. There was a blur in the middle. Then it was focused. It was (y/n). She looked pale, her eyes were red and puffy. Her lip was bleeding.

A masculine voice spoke, “Now tell them what we took you.” She shook her head.

Then we heard a bang off in the distance. The banging was getting louder and closer. Then someone appears behind her with an aluminum bat. “Tell them or else.” She shook her head again. “Turn off the camera” the screen went black.

She changed clothes she was in a black hoodie. Her lip was bleeding again.

“Tell them or well film us hurting you.” She didn’t answer. “Fine have it your way.” He raised the bat. He was about an inch way from her ribs when she burst out crying,

“OPPA! I’m sorry! Oppas forget me. Don’t come to save me. I don’t want you to get hurt. I’m sorry oppas. I’m sorry mom, in sorry dad. I’m sorry! Saranghamnida!”

“That’s not was we said!” Then she stood up. “I won’t let you hurt the people I love for your own entertainment.” she said as she fought back. She grabbed the aluminum bat and started swinging.

“What are you guys doing? Go stop her before she escapes!” The camera fell to the ground. We only saw their feet. She was surrounded by at least 10 people.

She knocked most of them to the ground but then more people came and they over took her.

“No! I will not go down! Don’t touch my friends or family or I will end you!” Were her last words before they put a rag over .

Then the came the man from before. “Bring us them or we will kill her.” Then it ended.

We were all in shock. We couldn’t believe what we just saw.

“This is all my fault, if I fought back I could have saved her!” I screamed.

“Baek it’s not your fault.” Chanyeol said.

“Chanyeol is right” Minseok agreed.

“Don’t worry Baek we are going to save her” Kyungsoo added.

Knock knock

It was them. I was surprised. I have seem them before. (y/n) had pictures of them. Did she know this whole time.